• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• King Matt1548534716

• ls168camaro

• bsim

Please don't automatically think a rookie is complaining when trying to get some clarification. That will just do a good job of discouraging people from joining this series. One of the big reasons I became involved is because of the help and advice I saw from the Texas group. If a rookie has questions its fair to assume that others will have the same questions later. So, when someone newer than myself asks me a question about a certain area I hope that I can intelligiently answer the question and possibly explain both sides to them so that they will understand.

Well said.....so this rookie just has one more question. Mitch, what's up with the cats?

What cats?

8.21. Smog Equipment

All smog equipment may be removed, including the catalytic converter(s). Any smog equipment

not removed must either be disabled or left to function as originally intended by the manufacturer.

All disconnected ports and holes must be sealed.

Is this rule changing as well? Damn left coast tree huggers ...

What cats?

8.21. Smog Equipment

All smog equipment may be removed, including the catalytic converter(s). Any smog equipment

not removed must either be disabled or left to function as originally intended by the manufacturer.

All disconnected ports and holes must be sealed.

Is this rule changing as well? Damn left coast tree huggers ...

Not those kinda cats, pus....no no can't say that.....kitty? No, no....better not say that either, family friendly site....could be taken wrong.......ah...

Those digitally captured images of a domesticated mammal....Felis Catus, or perhaps Felis Silvestris?

If you are switching to 17" wheels...the SVT focus Brembo calipers and cobra rotors can be had for around $700.... search corner carvers. Either way, the 2000 R setup is down to $899 at most places now. That's 4 piston caliper and standard 13" cobra rotors....and what a lot of guys use in AI...

That would be a good way to go for the Mustangs, unfortunately you can't get that Focus kit anymore, and the street price of the Cobra R Brembo kit has gone way up. I haven't been able to find anyone selling it for less than about $1300. If you find someone with that for 899, let us know!

Also, the pads the Brembo Cobra R kits use are still very pricey, so for about the same money, you can get a Wilwood or other race caliper brake kit that uses cheaper, longer lasting pads.

My experiance with C5 rotors was not good. They have a tendancy to crack. I maybe got 2 races out of a set. I have also heard and seen other people with similar experiences with them.

I used them in DE's for two years. I never had a problem. I was paying less than $20.00 each for them. Maybe racing is a lot harder on them.

Jerry

My experiance with C5 rotors was not good. They have a tendancy to crack. I maybe got 2 races out of a set. I have also heard and seen other people with similar experiences with them.

I used them in DE's for two years. I never had a problem. I was paying less than $20.00 each for them. Maybe racing is a lot harder on them.

Jerry

I cracked them with Hawk blues and blacks, but never with a Carbotech Panther or Panther Plus.

This was a on a 3800 lb street car

Jerry

I cracked them with Hawk blues and blacks, but never with a Carbotech Panther or Panther Plus.

This was a on a 3800 lb street car

I was running Wilwood H pads at the track and PF 97's on the street and never had a problem. I think my C6 weighs about 3800 also. I took off the drilled 13" Z51 rotors and installed C5 caliper brackets and C5 rotors.

JJ

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't been able to find anyone selling it for less than about $1300. If you find someone with that for 899, let us know!

I will keep my eyes peeled. As for pad life, i have 4 regular events AND Hallett on my PFC 01's...and a 1/4" of pad left. At $220 a set...not bad.

As for 4 piston calipers, have you guys considered that there are only a few select rims that clear the caliper? Granted they are cheap battleship Cobra R's for the fords and Konigs...but the brake upgrade is more than just the brake parts! Just food for thought.