Mid Ohio Contingeny from Carbotech!!

Dave Schotz

Don't know if this was posted here or not? Good stuff!

Concord, NC- August 13, 2008. Carbotech Performance Brakes is pleased to announce our NASA National Championship contingency program. Carbotech Performance Brakes will offer more than $110,000 in gift certificate contingency rewards and prizes to the top finishers at the 3rd annual NASA National Championship event at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course on September 11-14th, 2008. Danny Puskar, Carbotech Performance Brakes Vice President of marketing and sales said, "Carbotech is extremely excited about being back with NASA for the third straight year. Since we have competitors in every class we wanted to make sure that all classes are eligible and that more than the top three or four finishers will qualify for this contingency program. Carbotech has a very strong following with grassroots racers and we wanted to show our appreciation by having an unmatched contingency payout."

This award program will apply to all classes at the NASA Championship event with 12 or more starters. All Classes All Classes

1st $300 Gift Certificate plus a Custom made

Sparco driving suit or a 10'x15' Canopy 6th $150 (Gift Cert)

2nd $275 (Gift Cert) 7th $125 (Gift Cert)

3rd $250 (Gift Cert) 8th $100 (Gift Cert)

4th $200 (Gift Cert) 9th $75 (Gift Cert)

5th $175 (Gift Cert) 10th $50 (Gift Cert)

Concord, NC- August 13, 2008. Carbotech Performance Brakes is pleased to announce our NASA National Championship contingency program. Carbotech Performance Brakes will offer more than $110,000 in gift certificate contingency rewards and prizes to the top finishers at the 3rd annual NASA National Championship event at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course on September 11-14th, 2008. Danny Puskar, Carbotech Performance Brakes Vice President of marketing and sales said, "Carbotech is extremely excited about being back with NASA for the third straight year. Since we have competitors in every class we wanted to make sure that all classes are eligible and that more than the top three or four finishers will qualify for this contingency program. Carbotech has a very strong following with grassroots racers and we wanted to show our appreciation by having an unmatched contingency payout."

This award program will apply to all classes at the NASA Championship event with 12 or more starters. All Classes All Classes

1st $300 Gift Certificate plus a Custom made

Sparco driving suit or a 10'x15' Canopy 6th $150 (Gift Cert)

2nd $275 (Gift Cert) 7th $125 (Gift Cert)

3rd $250 (Gift Cert) 8th $100 (Gift Cert)

4th $200 (Gift Cert) 9th $75 (Gift Cert)

5th $175 (Gift Cert) 10th $50 (Gift Cert)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffburch

• King Matt1548534716

• Glenn

• ddteman1548534717

That's actually one of the better contingency programs going this year. The custom driver suit is a cool idea. Too bad I switched to Hawks this year!

Too bad we don't have 12 cars...

Come on, sign up! If we get our numbers I will win that suit and canopy (yeah right ).

Why do you think Dave posted this? Get that count up because the embroidery people are still trying to figure out how to spell Shots....Schottz...Shots...Shatz...well, how about "Dave" RP

With the jump in the entry fee after June 30, I seriously doubt there will be any late adds to the roster.

You have a good point, Matt....how many cars would enter if the late entry surcharge were rescinded?...in this tight economy and high gas prices wouldn't it behoove NASA to encourage some last minute entries who just decide that the Late Fee is the straw, etc....CMC Directors...how about lobbying NASA on behalf of this fee waiver...even two more entries would be great...and then Dave could get his suit...RP

I may be WAY off-base, but I honestly don't think a $100 difference in entry fee is going to sway someone. While it is real money, it's a small percentage of the total cost of the event. (I'm comparing $699 to $599. not to the early bird price of $499)

But - as Dennis Miller used to say - I could be wrong.

-chris

The "early bird" price of $499 was in effect until June 30. I remember that because that was the day I registered. I guess $200 extra isn't a lot in the grand scheme, but it's a tire, or a set of brake pads or half the gas bill for my tow rig the way I look at it!

So where are all the Mid-Atlantic guys??????

Hey... Suit or no Suit... win or lose... just having even 10 cars... would be great!

But hey... I'm in AI with my CMC-2 Car also... so I still have a shot at a suit! LOL

I just thought the contingency program looked great for us racers!

Dave

So where are all the Mid-Atlantic guys??????

jb

We're having a blast racing locally and most of the drivers out here consider it a hobby. We have 8 weekends on the local schedule, so it just doesn't make a lot of sense to add another weekend that costs much more. My guess is that you will see more Mid-Atlantic drivers at nationals when they develop enough as drivers and start beating the top drivers in their own region. Until that time, why would a driver attend the nationals if they know that they probably wouldn't win? As for myself, I have 3 boys under 10 years old. They expect me to be at their summer games, and I enjoy going to them. When you have kids doing football, soccer, and tae kwon do, it's difficult to rationalize a 9th weekend away at the track.

Have fun, thanks for thinking about us.

Kent

so your local guys race for the fun of it, locally, but Nationally its not for the fun of it?

Why can't you just respect the man's decision to race 8 weekends locally and spend the thousands Nationals requires on family and not twist words in a lame attempt to get enough racers to make the contingency?

I've attended both Nationals events, as crew, not driver, and didn't find it as much fun as our local events. It's just not worth the expense and effort.

See avatar ...

Of course, I am psychologically secure enough to not need MO to show how big my wanker is. I have the internet for that.

so your local guys race for the fun of it, locally, but Nationally its not for the fun of it?

Why can't you just respect the man's decision to race 8 weekends locally and spend the thousands Nationals requires on family and not twist words in a lame attempt to get enough racers to make the contingency?

I've attended both Nationals events, as crew, not driver, and didn't find it as much fun as our local events. It's just not worth the expense and effort.

See avatar ...

Of course, I am psychologically secure enough to not need MO to show how big my wanker is. I have the internet for that.

is your Aunt Flow in town?

Have fun, thanks for thinking about us.

Kent

Team Oger is representing correct?

You actually did well in reinforcing my previous points.

A) Why turn over the rule book for a demographic that can't afford it (for the newer cars that)

B)don't show up for the big race.

jb

Team Oger is representing correct?

You actually did well in reinforcing my previous points.

A) Why turn over the rule book for a demographic that can't afford it (for the newer cars that)

B)don't show up for the big race.

jb

Yes, Team Oger plans to head that way. I guess when you're retired it's easier to rationalize going out there.

I didn't realize that supporting the Nationals had anything to do with updating the rules. Last I checked, the Nationals are a byproduct of successful racing growth in regions, not the opposite. It's not just a matter of money for most of these guys, the Nationals are just a low priority. You have your sandbox to play in, go play in it and have fun. Out here, the big race is the regional championship. We obviously see things differently. I don't presume to know the dynamics of the Texas situation with the older CMC cars, don't presume to know what's going on out here with all of the newer cars entering the series.

If you're so unhappy about updating the rules to keep the series current, maybe you should go out and get a 1969 Camaro and run in the stock Camaro series......oh, wait a minute.....there is no series for a 1969 Camaro because they didn't have the foresight to migrate newer cars into the series, so it just died. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. In your case, I would suggest getting out of the way, since it's obvious you unwilling to do the other two

Kent

I didn't realize that supporting the Nationals had anything to do with updating the rules. Last I checked, the Nationals are a byproduct of successful racing growth in regions, not the opposite. It's not just a matter of money for most of these guys, the Nationals are just a low priority.

It has everything to do with it. No one is showing because they have to save their money for the new ruleset.

And, the cars that forced the new ruleset didn't show.

Where are the new cars? Where is the future of CMC?

You have your sandbox to play in, go play in it and have fun. Out here, the big race is the regional championship. We obviously see things differently. I don't presume to know the dynamics of the Texas situation with the older CMC cars, don't presume to know what's going on out here with all of the newer cars entering the series.

No presumption, it's clear what is going on out there.

If you're so unhappy about updating the rules to keep the series current, maybe you should go out and get a 1969 Camaro and run in the stock Camaro series......oh, wait a minute.....there is no series for a 1969 Camaro because they didn't have the foresight to migrate newer cars into the series, so it just died. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. In your case, I would suggest getting out of the way, since it's obvious you unwilling to do the other two

Kent

Nice diversionary tactic. Don't look here, look there.

I am leading. I'm the 1st of some 125+ legacy cars trying to run away but the ruleset has rendered my car worthless so THANK YOU VERY F$$KING MUCH!

jb

Jeff,

Its time you move along, since you can't be happy no matter what anyone says.

Sell your car and buy a Mazda, that may make you happy in the long run.

Being negative does not help the series that you used to love so much so I would just end it and get out.

Tony Guaglione