tell me again why ??

Carson

I must be gittin old... so

tell me again why

our directors have decided to creat one CMC class of cars

that are 25 YEARS apart in age and 75 HP difference ???

I just wanna race.

And I have two cats.

I also dont wine and complain when some one puts a challenge in front of my face like making a 25 year old car run with new iron.

kyle

sure ...if I had a late model with no mods for 2010 = no complants

but for all of us 5 lts ( maybe half the total field )

the OTHER shoe has yet to DROP

Carson, don't worry. The CMC directorship will make sure everyone has a competitive car that fits within our budget we have come to expect with CMC.

There have been many days I have regretted selling the old carb #37! Another thing is folks are expecting that the extra 25hp is going to make a big difference in the way their cars race, it really doesn't. I think if folks concentrate more on making the car as light as possible and on have a great working suspension and traction device they'll get more out of it. Not to mention the nut behind the wheel needing some work!

Anyway, at this time, 260 HP is a limit, not a requirement.

At least for those of us who are here for "the CMC experience" rather than the wins. Podium finishes don't make me have a better time.

Anyway, at this time, 260 HP is a limit, not a requirement.

At least for those of us who are here for "the CMC experience" rather than the wins. Podium finishes don't make me have a better time.

Right on! I am having fun too, I look forward to my CMC weekends all year long. This wait right now for our next event is excruciating!!!!!

I think if folks concentrate more on making the car as light as possible and on have a great working suspension and traction device they'll get more out of it.

Imagine if you did all that AND had 30 more horsepower.

I think if folks concentrate more on making the car as light as possible and on have a great working suspension and traction device they'll get more out of it.

Imagine if you did all that AND had 30 more horsepower.

Now that would be schweet if we could get another 100lbs out of #37! We got all the above handled but that!

back to the first question

why ONE CLASS w/ 25 year difference in cars ?

beside the HP difference there is the wieght and suspension/platform difference

why restrict the HP + TQ for the late models at all

let 'em all run UNRESTRICKED in CMC2

as far as CMC1

where is this 25 HP difference coming from ?

most of us 5lts are at 220 HP

thats an increase of 40 HP to max 260

if 260 HP is the max , thats what any racer will aim for

the engine builders I have talked to say not possible in a 5lt

w/o spending more $ than the cost of a 5.7lt

plus expected shorter engine life or rebuild every year or two

all of this cost and turmoil so we all can run in one class ??

why ?

back to the first question

why ONE CLASS w/ 25 year difference in cars ?

beside the HP difference there is the wieght and suspension/platform difference

So? Most classes have no restriction on year. AI? AIX? GTS? TT? PT? Spec Miata?
as far as CMC1

where is this 25 HP difference coming from ?

most of us 5lts are at 220 HP

thats an increase of 40 HP to max 260

if 260 HP is the max , thats what any racer will aim for

Why do you think everybody will need the new max hp when you don't even feel the need to keep up with the current max?

...I'm not tossing this out there to make trouble... but I am just tossing out an idea that I proposed (for discussion) back in 2004ish. It never went anywhere.

Wouldn't it be easier to level the existing and future playing field with hp/wgt and hp/tq ratio limits with hard min weight and max power limit than having (essentially) a single set of numbers? Then each driver could choose what made the most sense for his budget and goals in a wider range.

The tires and driver are the largest inputs to results, as the CMC2 versus CMC performance has already shown. Power, brakes, weight follow but are really secondary (within limits of course).

When CMC2 was annouced (and at that time the stated goal was to collect enough data to remerge in the future - that was from day one, guys), I always figured that the ratio thing would almost certainly be considered again. I was surprised when I saw the big annoucement and already knew what would happen next.

I don't see the same dissention in AI with the same (no, actually a wider selection) of age of car and with even more power limits.

I guess I am most interested in the opinion of the ratio approach by the guys who feel that they have a problem (power, money or both) with their current cars.

I always wondered why you guys don't just have a ratio like 12.5-1 or so and be done with it. A lot smaller rule book.

Most racers love small rule books.

Forget all this stuff about what to do and do it with a ratio.....done deal.....easy!

the ratio allows big money motors, and that is something CMC is trying to prevent.

but the idea of pwer to weight w/ the current rules of stock parts was mentioned by a few Directors, but it went no where.

We saw at Nats '07 what hp can do hence the new limit on Table 2.

Tire sponsership is probably driving them to one class.

Hoosier has a really good deal going on right now.

Some guys win four tires per weekend.

"CMC Extreme" anybody? (no restrictors).

jb

Off topic, but yeah, that Hoosier deal is sweet. FWIW, at the last race at Mid-Ohio there was a guy from Hoosier walking through the AI/X/CMC false grid checking off the cars on Toyos, so I think they are definitely paying attention.

#1. I am refering to 25 years difference in car technology

#2. I don't understand your response on "need to keep up w/ max HP"

my need is to run a legal engine according to the rules

( 220 hp/280 tq is all I got )

note : by changing the rules from a basic stock 5lt engine

to a modified 5lt

we are changing the basic premise of CMC

just my humble opinion