tell me again why ??

Carson

#1. I am refering to 25 years difference in car technology

I respect your opinion.

But I think it boils down to a crew chief being able to sort out the platform and then a driver being able to minimize the short-comings and maximize it's strengths.

Here in Texas, it really depends on the track. The tighter, more technical courses seem to cater to the Mustang and the bigger, longer tracks seem to fit the F-Car.

And FWIW, it's not the technology. It's still springs, shocks or struts and bushings.

The strut cars in Texas are schooling the SLA cars.

This series is not about the rules spoon feeding a good handling car to a driver, rather taking your car of choice and making it as good as you can. There are examples all over the nation of where the "old" cars are kicking serious ass.

And, while we're vomiting opinions, I honestly think too much hoopla is being made over the 30HP bump. 260 peak HP is exactly that ... peak. In Texas, we use a range of RPM, not just one.

300 ft/lbs of TQ from 2500 to 5500 will win races.

We saw at Nats '07 what hp can do hence the new limit on Table 2.

Tire sponsership is probably driving them to one class.

Hoosier has a really good deal going on right now.

Some guys win four tires per weekend.

"CMC Extreme" anybody? (no restrictors).

jb

What'cha saying JB, I can't drive?

FWIW....I've never seen a 260HP CMC2 car beat the fastest 230HP CMC car. Not in Texas...not at Nats...never.

So thereby through the laws of CMC physics, 260hp < 230hp, right?

No...thereby the laws of CMC physics hold true in that, "He who hath the most HP, whilst not necessarily be fastest."

Or as Confucious say, "Man with hands in pocket feel cocky all day."

(I'll miss hangin' out with you guys this week at Nats.)

FWIW....I've never seen a 260HP CMC2 car beat the fastest 230HP CMC car. Not in Texas...not at Nats...never.

Well for Todd to see a car beat another that would require him being at the track.

Todd you might want to check with your old region to see that the CMC2 cars are actually faster than the fastest CMC car.