• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony G

• Dave Schotz

• Glenn

• koserv

We dyno'd cars on Friday (#75 - Schotz), Saturday (#70 - Landrum, and #03 - King ), and Sunday (top 2 - #70 and #03), and all were within spec. If anything, most of the numbers were low.

IIRC (all of my tech stuff is packed and being loaded on a plane), King was the closest to the numbers...~228/297. Schotz was in the 215/280 range, Landrum was ~219/~292.

I was only dyno'd on Sunday and made 223/286. I have an awesome video of the entire race from the Go Pro mounted in my grille. I just need to figure out how to upload it somewhere so everyone can watch it before this conversation continues. There were issues, but it was a great race. Congrats to Bob and Glenn and everyone else who made the trip.

I owe a special thanks to Bob Denton, Bryan White, Sidney Frankin and Scott Dennewitz who helped me rebuild my spare transmission on Saturday night after I broke it in the Sat. race by missing a shift. That was truly an epic thrash!

Dave.... i was in my car while in line for the scales. from there i went to the dyno. i sat there for a while. then it was back to impound for inspection. i had places i HAD to be and people to see in a timely manner. since you didnt sit in impound and fill out the contact forms, you didnt see me there doing the same for 30 minutes. in fact, i was there untill almost 5pm. you had no such tech requirements and timeline to follow. you had a considerable more amount of time to come see me. once i learned of how mad you were, i was not about to approach you.

the short of all three contacts between me and you were:

you had a part of the track and i wouldnt allow you to pick another part. you had a car width of track and i left you w/ a car width. thats more than i had to give you. you on the other hand tried repeatedly to bully me by moving into me or abruptly in my direction to try and get me to give you the "line" and that my friend is poor sporsmanship on your part. i've been taught "race craft" by some very talented and experianced drivers over the years. i dont get pushed around as easy as most w/ the same of or lesser experiance. i'll take a lick to prove tactics like yours dont work on me. for some reason you seem to think your intitled to the prefered line at all times, and thats not the case. you need to read up on the CCR's more.

Dave, your good reputation preceded you and thats 90% the reason i made the trip this year. i'm very disapointed as it should have been 100% for the fun. i had a blast chatting w/ you and stuff. but i'm disapointed that you have to act this way on a public forum w/out talking to me first.

best of luck and i'm planning on Miller '09 already.

i'm done w/ this online defence of my good name. the facts at the track proved i was in the right.

Somebody.....anybody....get some video posted so those of us who moped around all weekend because we couldn't go can get a clue. I was stunned when looking at the times how close you guys all ran. On paper, it looked like an incredible race. Come on!....none of us are working right now anyway, we're just hitting the refresh button every 2 minutes! Git it done!

KO

Adam, are you/could you do a review of post race/pre race tech? It would be great to know specifics of what you checked and how the cars shook out. Not as pressing as some vid (now please!!), but it would be great if you get a minute sometime this week to start a tech post-mortem thread.

Thanks!

KO

Here you go Kent,

This is the only incident that my video caught...I had an issue going into madness and almost spun on the next lap

I will try to help Bob get his video posted in the next couple of days and some more of my own.

It was an awesome race from start to finish, really close racing all around.

A great end to a miserable start of the championships, I think the factory five guys had a curse on them for most of the weekend. Every time we went out, the skys opened up and poured, flooding the track. Without rains it was horrible.

Bryan

Dave.... i was in my car while in line for the scales. from there i went to the dyno. i sat there for a while. then it was back to impound for inspection. i had places i HAD to be and people to see in a timely manner. since you didnt sit in impound and fill out the contact forms, you didnt see me there doing the same for 30 minutes. in fact, i was there untill almost 5pm. you had no such tech requirements and timeline to follow. you had a considerable more amount of time to come see me. once i learned of how mad you were, i was not about to approach you.

you had a part of the track and i wouldnt allow you to pick another part. you had a car width of track and i left you w/ a car width. thats more than i had to give you. you on the other hand tried repeatedly to bully me by moving into me or abruptly in my direction to try and get me to give you the "line" and that my friend is poor sporsmanship on your part. i've been taught "race craft" by some very talented and experianced drivers over the years. i dont get pushed around as easy as most w/ the same of or lesser experiance. i'll take a lick to prove tactics like yours dont work on me. for some reason you seem to think your intitled to the prefered line at all times, and thats not the case. you need to read up on the CCR's more.

Dave, your good reputation preceded you and thats 90% the reason i made the trip this year. i'm very disapointed as it should have been 100% for the fun. i had a blast chatting w/ you and stuff. but i'm disapointed that you have to act this way on a public forum w/out talking to me first.

i'm done w/ this online defence of my good name. the facts at the track proved i was in the right.

That's why you got a probration right? How many other Nat'l Champs did that happen to?

You say 'My god reputation'... yet... I'm afraid you mistake good driving w/ being a Bully. Because in all my racing, I don't have that Reputation... yet I think you were so concerned with 'this guy is good... I'm not going to let him intimidate me'... and it unfortunately put you in a position of someone I would rather not race with. You bullied everyone on the track, and it was obvious... I'm very sorry you think being a veteran racer, with lots of victories means you to be a bully, or inconsiderate on the track to get there.

You are messing with peoples lives when we're out there door to door... I wished I could have cheered you on to victory... we had a great week... and unfortunately on Sunday... you became a different person on track.

Also... all your referances to the CCR are comical... I was the lead car... it was me who owns the line... not the car attempting the pass... it is your obligation to make a clean pass, and any contact during the pass attempt, is the attemptees responsibility. My car's line was the same CURVE of the bend from 11 to 12... you decided to drive Straight/Left... on a Right Hander... and Bob's Video will show the same thing.

And please don't try to say 'you've been taught race craft'... the LG camp had nothing to do with the way you drove... that isn't race craft... and I'm sorry you feel it is.

I understand a mistake/misjudgment can happen in the corners... but forcing someone offline (the Lead car??) on straight aways?

Keep defending your name with words... but I'd recommend you start by displaying good sportmanship on the track... with your helmet on.

Again... I think it's obvious unfortunately you feel racing at the National Level means... whatever the costs... respectfully or disrespectfully.

Congrats...

Dave

Here you go Kent,

This is the only incident that my video caught...I had an issue going into madness and almost spun on the next lap

I will try to help Bob get his video posted in the next couple of days and some more of my own.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan... and Bob's will be much clearer... if you watch the very beginning of where that video starts... it's where his car is 'smoking' (or mine) from the Contact WAY OUT on the LEFT side of a Bending Right Hander! There is no MATT KING in this picture? And he's shoving my car completely towards the opposite end of the track.

Anyways... that's racing

I know the "issues" video's are going to be a hot topic for the next couple weeks, but I'd love to see flag to flag from a couple (all) of the cars. Call me the racing "peeping Tom", but that's as close as I'll get to rubbing her soft, creamy....oh, sorry there....I mean fenders at Nat's with you all this year.

Already trying to figure out how to get Robin or Chris to put the 'Bird on one of their big fancy trailers for Utah next year.....Maybe Matt can "borrow" a HD hauler and the MidW crew can all ride in style.....

KO

In my opinion (and remember that is what it is) it looks as if Dave swerves pretty hard into Glenn and caused the contact.

Lol you do realize that is a sweeping right hander right?

Again I'm sure more video will post of all the contact.

It won't change the result it is what it is. Glenn has to live with he is the only guy that has to hit everyone he attempts to pass.

I won't have my videos for a week, everything loaded in the transporter, but then maybe someone can help me post.

Dave

In my opinion (and remember that is what it is) it looks as if Dave swerves pretty hard into Glenn and caused the contact.

From watching this vid Dave is making a fool of himself with his ranting on this thread. Maybe other vids will show something different but Dave clearly moved into Glenn on this one.

JJ

It is really hard to tell much from that video....but the car on the oustide did get wacked by the car on the inside. It looked like they were trying to get to the apex and didn't know the other car was on their outside.

But again...really difficult to tell much from that angle.

I've got the video that should settle that particular incident once and for all. Sorry for the teaser, but I'm technologically challenged when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully I can get my techy wife to teach me how to cut and upload a short clip tonight!

The video is so pixelated, it's like watching the Zapruder film... "Back and to the left, Back and to the left, Back and to the left..."

I can't see who hit who during the RH turn. And after watching multiple times, it looks like BOTH cars were moving to the same space during the LH turn, #75 going to the right and #70 going to the left, with neither of them giving to the other.

Some other evidence is required to make ANY kind of definitive decision.

On a side note, I really enjoyed hanging with MW crew and talking with Glenn on Saturday. I shot another 1400+ pics on Saturday and as soon as the power comes back on in Columbus, I'll post them up for you guys to d/l.

In summary, I just want to say that this is extremely disheartening and depressing to a hopefully future CMC driver. I was really looking forward to being competitive, but at the same time very respectful, of fellow racers. This kind of crap is not something I look forward to dealing with.

CMC as a whole has been filled with negative comments and accusations stemming from the 2010 rules changes. Now with this racing incident, it just adds fuel to the fire.

I hope something changes soon to make this a more attractive class to race in.

(As always, this is the opinion of a HPDE2 wannabe CMC driver, not a seasoned vet. YMMV.)

WOW..its a good thing you guys are not officials..some of your guys comments on the video are so far off its incredible.

Take a look at it about 10 times,and also keep in mind what the track is doing not just the cars.

Not a good idea to comment on this if you don't do it on a daily basis.

I'm going to take a look at the entire race on video.

Adam did and said it well.

sheesh...

Tony Guaglione

"CMC as a whole has been filled with negative comments and accusations stemming from the 2010 rules changes. Now with this racing incident, it just adds fuel to the fire.

I hope something changes soon to make this a more attractive class to race in. "

Right you are..except its not "as a whole"...its in a certain region called Texas(and only a few chosen ones)..as I love the Texas clan. I'm still not sure as to why these few keep wanting to go backwards, but it is what it is and if your one of the guilty ones who keeps posting negative CMC stuff on here this is a perfect example of what you do to new people who want to join this great series and I'm very sorry to see it happen.

I have not had one person from anywhere giving me any negative reaction to the rule updates for 2010, and actually it has been quite the opposite.

I have several new guys with old cars that can't wait to come in the series now that we are combining.

Like I always say, it takes just a few whiners to stir up what the othe 98% of what people actually want.

I listen to the 98% not the 2%, but the 2% are vocal and the 98% are quiet...see what I'm getting at.

Don't let the vocal ones get you down, go ahead with your plans, the vocal ones die on the vine, the keepers are always here to stay and help you out, as I've been around long enough to see that happen year after year.

If I can help you out in anyway please call me anytime.

Thanks,

Tony Guaglione

CMC National Director

Edited by Guest

That's why you got a probration right? How many other Nat'l Champs did that happen to?

You say 'My god reputation'... yet... I'm afraid you mistake good driving w/ being a Bully. Because in all my racing, I don't have that Reputation... yet I think you were so concerned with 'this guy is good... I'm not going to let him intimidate me'... and it unfortunately put you in a position of someone I would rather not race with. You bullied everyone on the track, and it was obvious... I'm very sorry you think being a veteran racer, with lots of victories means you to be a bully, or inconsiderate on the track to get there.

You are messing with peoples lives when we're out there door to door... I wished I could have cheered you on to victory... we had a great week... and unfortunately on Sunday... you became a different person on track.

Also... all your referances to the CCR are comical... I was the lead car... it was me who owns the line... not the car attempting the pass... it is your obligation to make a clean pass, and any contact during the pass attempt, is the attemptees responsibility. My car's line was the same CURVE of the bend from 11 to 12... you decided to drive Straight/Left... on a Right Hander... and Bob's Video will show the same thing.

And please don't try to say 'you've been taught race craft'... the LG camp had nothing to do with the way you drove... that isn't race craft... and I'm sorry you feel it is.

I understand a mistake/misjudgment can happen in the corners... but forcing someone offline (the Lead car??) on straight aways?

Keep defending your name with words... but I'd recommend you start by displaying good sportmanship on the track... with your helmet on.

Again... I think it's obvious unfortunately you feel racing at the National Level means... whatever the costs... respectfully or disrespectfully.

Congrats...

Dave

that there shows you dont know the CCR. once my wheel is at your door, i have every right to be beside you. there is no "rights to the line" at that point. its clear i'm door handle to door handle when contact is made. if your 5ft from the left of the track, i can keep you 5 ft from the left the whole way around the track if i so choose. in fact, i only have to let you keep 3/4 of a car if i have my front tire at your door. i was clearly farther forward of that. i also clearly left you w/ all the track you had the entire time.

like i said, you need to read the CCR.

funny how in practice the same day you said i was in the wrong when you had your nose at my rear wheel and said i turned down on you.

also, i'm not on probation for anything involving you. i'm on probation for the contact w/ the 944 spec car. and i stated to Adam i was in the wrong because i didnt have "rights to position" as i didnt have a wheel to his door when i contacted his rear bumper. i also have and will continue to seek out that driver and offer anything he needs to fix his car. i will seek him out and try to have a conversation w/ him. i know i was in the wrong and will approch it that way w/ him, but even if i wasnt, i would approch him as if there was a possibility i was - thats called having an open mind to a reality other than the one you witnessed.