• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• King Matt1548534716

• Al F.

• mitchntx1548534714

Anybody have editing/hosting tips? I have a 1.3gig AVI file of the entire race I'd like to post somehow.

I'd be happy to host if you can get it to me. My server is down at the moment (no power in Columbus), but I can accept large emails.

Same for you Glenn, or anyone else.

Let me know if you want me to host.

Here is the whole race from my car;

Keep in mind that I am still new in transfering video,

I do not know why parts of it looks like it speeds up.

Turn 1 was full of oil dry throughout the whole race,

I will get Bob's video tomorrow.

Bryan

Here is the whole race from my car;

Keep in mind that I am still new in transfering video,

I do not know why parts of it looks like it speeds up.

Turn 1 was full of oil dry throughout the whole race,

I will get Bob's video tomorrow.

Bryan

Very nice Bryan! Reminds me of my old 1984 3rd gen CMC car. Same color even! Yours seems to run strong and handle well!

Could all of you that are submitting videos share with the rest of us what kind of camera setup you have? I got a reply from Bryan on his already. I'm looking to upgrade to something later then the mid '90s high 8 tape I have

Thanks!

i can tell you guys i use a Go Pro Hero camera.

my vid is very high res and crisp and clear. the audio is not so great is its outside the car, but inside, its awsome.

records onto SD cards anda Nats 40 minute race is 1.8gig. it comes w/ a ton of cool mounting options including a suction cup mount and a plastic protective case to mount it in. it can be mounted upside down and then the setting options will allow you to record the image flipped so you dont have to edit it to get it right side up.

all for under $180.

i got mine from Alamo Autosports in Arlington Texas.

Everybody's apesh!t about the GoPro. I think the videos are un-watchable!!!!! The audio is either non-existent, too quiet to hear, or simply awful. Part of the enjoyment for me is LISTENING to what's going on and every single GoPro video I've found, I've stopped watching it part way through for the above reasons.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD SOLUTION FOR HIGH QUALITY AUDIO WITH THE GOPRO CAMERA????

Thanks,

JD

consider the editing media. my raw avi files from the Go Pro are awsome for the price point. the sound is not so great.

i tried editing one of my vids from it and it compressed to quality to crap. Mitch did one and it was awsome.

for a major tease...... I spent the last few days at Nats w/ a guy from MaxQ data loggers........ dont buy any loggers or vid equipment untill you talk w/ them directly first. some really cool stuff coming out.

dont buy any loggers or vid equipment untill you talk w/ them directly first. some really cool stuff coming out.

That's very good to know as I'm weighing pros/cons of each system. Do we have a rough price point for the MaxQ?

Thanks,

JD

consider the editing media. my raw avi files from the Go Pro are awsome for the price point. the sound is not so great.

i tried editing one of my vids from it and it compressed to quality to crap.

Agree on all those points. Do you know what Mitch uses to edit? I tried Final Cut Pro and the export back to AVI or Mpeg4 was awful, but the raw AVI file is too large to post.

just the logger itself (the size of a small pager) and all the stuff you need to use it - $300 range. Al?????

the logger, vid equipment (multiple camera's), laptop to suport it all (very small laptop) and alot more stuff i'm not suposed to be talking about - under $1K.

i learned alot about my driving this past weekend, and having a graphic display is good to show you were your bad and where your good and nice results when you do a good lap, section.

durring one session i had a 1:43.3xx theoredical best lap w/ a 1:43.6xx accuall lap.

funny how we ran 1:40's last year and a good lap this year was a 1:43.xxx.