• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• King Matt1548534716

• Al F.

• mitchntx1548534714

That's absolutely amazing those wings were allowed with that kind of rules interpretation...especially since we were given a flat out "Absolutely Not" when we were test fitting a group 8D battery that fit perfectly well within the rules as they are/were written.

have no fear. those wings will not be legal in 2009.

Who's are they?

They are Tazwood Composites specials ;

Bob Denton and I made them after we made our fiberglass hoods (for AI, they are not on our cars now, the hoods that is)

• Members

Personally I think the guys running the show at Nats did a great job with that issue. Does it go beyond what we thought we were going to get when we wrote it? Sure. Did it change the finishing order? Nah. Proof positive that racers are a cunning and wily breed.

Awesome drive Matt. Are you going to MMP next year?

Matt,

I agree with Clifton, great dive. Why are you so much faster in your new Stang than you were in your fox? Is it all track width? I would understand if your new car was a S197 but I don't see that much difference in the two cars......unless your old car was just a POS?

JJ

My old car was a POS, but it was still fast for a Fox! Only Fox to run a 1:41 at Mid-Ohio last year during the Nats.

The subtle differences in the SN95 chassis add up to a lot in total performance. The slightly longer wheelbase and significantly wider track width have a big effect on weight transfer. My cars are about as close to an A-B comparison between the platforms as you are going to get. The engine & trans are the identical parts I ran in the Fox. Same with the struts and shocks. The spring rates are almost identical (rears are the same, fronts are about 50-100 pounds stiffer). I run almost identical alignment settings and the post-race weight is within 5 pounds. Dropping the panhard bar was a big improvement too, and probably the most significant setup change.

But with all that said, I think I am going to do some work to my Fox over the winter and see what I come up with. I want to use it as a Mule for some of the upcoming changes and get it back in fighting form. I don't think the Fox's day is done just yet!

• Members

Lets also not forget you have an entire season more under your belt regarding driving as well as car setup. The guys that have been doing this for 20yrs may have plateaued, but I know I am faster every year even though my car isnt.