Rules silly season - please read!

Al F.

So does that make you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Funny that it's you asking me that question.

What are your maverick credentials?

Maverick credentials - ask the TX folks.

Do you represent change or the status quo?

A bit of both, I'm afraid.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• King Matt1548534716

• Glenn

• supermac

Do you represent change or the status quo?

A bit of both, I'm afraid.

Agreed ... typically which ever way the wind is blowing.

Well Done Al, you must have been bored sitting in that hotel room while siome of us were toiling away at the race track.

A couple of other points I would like to add to the make up and interworking of the directors. The directors cover all regions this was not always the case. It was just a few short years ago that all the directors were in California or from California. As CMC grew on a national basis the make up of the group changed and was expanded to provide regional representation. Along similar lines the majority of platforms and powerplants that we allow are represented. As racers this group has strong and often diverse opinions. The point here is that the rules are roundly debated and a compromise is struck.

The change I would like added to the list is that we allow relocation brackets for lower control arms to correct the geometry change that results from lowering cars.

Just to give you some insight into how this debate will go, Al will likely fire the first volley with something like: "you wouldn't need this if your car wasn't so #&*! low" and Tony will chime in with: "learn how to use the clutch" and I will counter with: "they are cheap, lessen broken parts, can help multiple platforms and beside they will help my standing start launches. In the end the request will likely be rejected due to the fact that it is not needed.

Mike