gills

The (sometimes) harsh reality of doing HPDE's

gills

Limerock park, connecticut. My brother's M3 swapped 318ti that we put a lot of love and effort into. Coming out of turn 1 (big bend) on cold tires, in cold weather on a cold track.

A quick word of advice for those that are just starting DE's, take it easy the first couple of laps!! This happened starting the 2nd lap on the last session of the day. My brother had to learn the hard way.

Luckily though the way he hit the tirewall he didn't break or bend any suspension parts. His car was able to be driven home from the track albeit with no driver side window for 2+ hours! Amazingly, the car doesn't pull, the steering wheel is somewhat straight and there or no fluid leaks. All cosmetic damage. All the hardwork that was put into it is still alive!! At this point i think he's going to turn it into a track only car.

wMTEyNTY3OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNTY3NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTEyNTY3ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

dirty_swede@hotmail.com

Ouch thats alot of body work not a big fan of doing it here but if you need a new chassis let me know. maybe u could swap the parts in a new chassis

JoeLee

Great to hear that you guys made it home ok. More important that your brother is physically fine!

It's a shame that it happened - I had received great reports of your brother's driving.

I hope to see you both again in the resurrected BMW.

bmw22

First of all, I glad to hear he didn't get hurt. That will make a great racecar. I hope to see him racing with us in GTS Challenge! (shameless plug)

Sidney

Has he checked his insurance? Drivers Ed events are usually covered as long as this wasn't during a timed run.

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Bloomington, IL

(Insurance Capital of the World)

Lo-bucK

always glad everyone was ok and good to hear you guys made it home ok.

gills
Has he checked his insurance? Drivers Ed events are usually covered as long as this wasn't during a timed run.

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Bloomington, IL

thanks for the regards fellas. I'll send them to my bro.

Insurance?? Will they pay for a roll cage? That's the plan as of now and hopefully be competing in the GTS challenge relatively soon.

Muda

Tell your brother he's not the only one to make that mistake. A Bimmer and a GT3 both did the same thing in front of me in #5 at Summit in October (1st hot lap, 2 different sessions).

Here's a shot of the Porsche going down:

Day1-Session2-1a-sm.jpg[/img]

Day1-Session2-1b-sm.jpg[/img]

Lo-bucK

Sidney Franklin

AI #64

Bloomington, IL

thanks for the regards fellas. I'll send them to my bro.

Insurance?? Will they pay for a roll cage? That's the plan as of now and hopefully be competing in the GTS challenge relatively soon.

sometimes the insurance company will cover the body damage. personally, i would not try to get money from them for an on track insident. you may get dropped in the end or your rates may go through the roof.

Robb

You could also see if they'll pay, then when they do, quickly change insurance companies before they drop you. But you didn't hear that from me....