How fast to run in SU?

Jumbo240z

So far I'm turning 2:01:81 at Sears Point in group 3. Since I have an engine swap car, SU is the only class I can run. I think I can get into the 1:50:xx if I grow some balls/trust my brakes. I'd really like to race in a class. Thanks for any info/advice.

jon

• 9 months later...

I ran my Panoz GTS in SU 1 last weekend at Mid Ohio, it was a small but diverse group mainly consisting of Zo6 Vettes and a Viper. NASA chose to run the SU 1 class with the AI/AIX class and FFR Cobras on a split start due to our smaller field. You can run SU 1 anytime during a race weekend, they will most likely toss you in a big bore field somewhere.

My fast lap in SU 1 was 1.36.10 at Mid Ohio and it was good enough to win both days. Hope the info helps.

E Fisher #71

Panoz Racing Series

IMSA

If I run SU at Sears Point I'm guaranteed a 2nd place finish ... of course 1st would go a Viper that seems to be the only SU entry at this track.

Jon

Oh yeh, I was able to run a 1:58:17 lap last time out. Only 9.17 secs to go.

"Honey, I REALLY REALLY NEED those new shocks and tires and HP!"

Jon

BTW E Fisher, Congrats on the win! Maybe I will enter and see what it feels like!

Thanks for the props, Cosmo! Will we see you next weekend?????

SU is good for just experience too, since the field is just about anything. If you're running with AI/CMC/ASC, just watch your mirrors and let folks in a points series by without a fight. Just my $.02

(Camaro is still engine-less)

Christine