Any news on 2009 rules?

ShadowBolt

Vegas and Pintos only. It's the new VP series. 5L engines only, stock brakes, stock 13" tires. OK, now go prep your car.

Time for another Sailor Jerry and Seven

Vegas and Pintos only.

So it's gonna be the POS Series?

We would have to allow Pacers, Aries and Reliant. If we want to open it up to the import crowd, then there is the LeCar.

last i heard it was still in JWL's hands. its getting worked on. trust me, its not the CMC series officials fault right now.
Last time I checked, NASA did not own CMC. Why do they have any influence on CMC rules outside of safety? Are they trying to hijack it like they did to GTS?

Would my 1982 Buick LaSabre Diesel be eligable for the "POS Challenge class.

I think it would be a great class..we could have 20 minute "enduros"..you know..really put the cars to the test!!!

Would my 1982 Buick LaSabre Diesel be eligable for the "POS Challenge class.

I think it would be a great class..we could have 20 minute "enduros"..you know..really put the cars to the test!!!

OMG ... had a neighbor years ago who had one of those GM pseudo-diesels.

These would have to go into POSX. They would become randomly placed chicanes until recovered.

Yes they are - time to put on the tin foil hats.

And yes, NASA "owns" CMC. And AI, and....all the rest. Where'd you "check" last time?

I was under the impression that Tony G and maybe a few others owned CMC. A regional NASA official told me that NASA only owns SU, ST, PT, and TT. All other classes are independently owned and only run races sanctioned by NASA. NASA does not own GTS (Mark Barr), 944cup (Dave Derecola), SpecE30 (Carter Hunt?), Spec3 (Chris Cobetto?), Spec Miata (don't know, don't care)...

Regardless of who owns what (whom owns where??), I've got the POS up on blocks and I'm starting to fab this and that as I've got turkey week off....it would sure be nice to get a rule book so I don't have to "unfab" anything.

Regardless of who owns what (whom owns where??), I've got the POS up on blocks and I'm starting to fab this and that as I've got turkey week off....it would sure be nice to get a rule book so I don't have to "unfab" anything.

I was told two weeks ago that we should get the answers in a few days. Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin into the future.

JJ

Might be a day or two yet, as I suspect the board may be on vacation (can't hardly blame them). I e-mailed a question in on Monday (I really am fabbing stuff as we speak) and haven't heard back yet.

That sequential gearbox looks like it should be legal....

• Members

Sorry guys, its been a little rough with me being in different countries and us trying to sort out some things. A hopefully final draft has gone to NASA this morning and hopefully we can publish it soon. In the meantime, if you're itching to spend money or turn wrenches go ahead and give me a call on my cell phone (I'm on west coast time by the way) and I'll try to answer any questions.

As you might expect, there is very very little happening to CMC specs. Most if not all of the discussion has been around CMC2; again nothing earth shattering, just trying to make things nicer there.