• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• Rustang72

• Glenn

• Renntag1548534718

10 Weight differences should be determined through testing, not our guesses of performance. I think the 98 would be faster with an equal driver if tires/suspension mods/power were equal.

I viewed this as a line drawn in the sand. You have to start some where. If the line is arbitrary, then do a little research and submit your own line, with the proper foundations of course.

I don't think an arbitrary line should be drawn. If new models are added, add them at standard weight. If they are too fast, add weight. If they are too slow, subtract weight. Nobody is going to pop up with a new platform and kick ass the first year just because of the car. There is time to develop the weigh differences as the cars are developed.

Where is this survey you're all talking about? I don't see it here on the forum. The second one is I see a lot of people weighing in with their opinions about how this group should be run, but don't recognize them as racers in our series, how many of these people are actually racing in CMC, and how many are "thinking about it" and trying to affect the rules when they are not even participating? Maybe people should sign their name, instead of code, so we know who is who.This has always been a great race group, and I'm sure everyone wants what is best for growth in the future, but I think the input should come from the people who are racing every weekend and not non-participants. Just my two cents.

Pat

I signed my name to the survey. How many others did?

JJ

Where is this survey you're all talking about? I don't see it here on the forum. The second one is I see a lot of people weighing in with their opinions about how this group should be run, but don't recognize them as racers in our series, how many of these people are actually racing in CMC, and how many are "thinking about it" and trying to affect the rules when they are not even participating? Maybe people should sign their name, instead of code, so we know who is who.This has always been a great race group, and I'm sure everyone wants what is best for growth in the future, but I think the input should come from the people who are racing every weekend and not non-participants. Just my two cents.

Pat

JJ

I did.

the questionnaire came from two guys who dont believe what the directors are telling them, so they took it to the racers. so far it looks like the racer validated what the directors were telling them. please vote if you havent and you did get one. this is not a "vote for the way you want the rules" but more like a "do the directors really know what the racers want" kinda thng.
Do you know if the "two guys" plan on sharing unedited results of the survey with the rest of us?

Pat

JJ

I'm bashful and rarely give my opinion. But this time, I thought it appropriate and I signed it.

I also sent an e-mail to info@ ...

it's good to know that they at least acknowledge that they might not have all the answers and are wanting this series run by the competitors and not an in-bred clique of old-timers.

Mitch your drivel has become quite trite. I see no justification in your name calling of the individuals that help get this series going and have been the driving force in its success.

You sit behind the protection of your computer and resort to name calling and generally try to cause trouble. You do not have the spine to stand up and do anything.

If you don't like the sandbox, why don't you just pack up your toys and move else where. By the numbers and enthusiasm in the series, you are a small minority, a very small minority. Why don't you heed your own advice and "grow up"?

I for one, will simply skip over your posts. So you can save any personal attacks on me for a later date.

it's good to know that they at least acknowledge that they might not have all the answers and are wanting this series run by the competitors and not an in-bred clique of old-timers.

Mitch your drivel has become quite trite. I see no justification in your name calling of the individuals that help get this series going and have been the driving force in its success.

You sit behind the protection of your computer and resort to name calling and generally try to cause trouble. You do not have the spine to stand up and do anything.

If you don't like the sandbox, why don't you just pack up your toys and move else where. By the numbers and enthusiasm in the series, you are a small minority, a very small minority. Why don't you heed your own advice and "grow up"?

I for one, will simply skip over your posts. So you can save any personal attacks on me for a later date.

Jim ... why do you immediately think of a single person? I honestly had no one in mind when I typed that. It was meant metaphorically.

However, given that this whole thing has most the directors on edge, I can certainly see where it could be interpreted the way you did. For that, accept my apology.

Your skipping over my posts would probably be in everyone's best interest because you obviously have personal disdain for me. That's OK ... I'll live as will you.

But if you read carefully, I think you will note that I too am seeking the same thing as you and the vocal majority.

And I'm no keyboard warrior. Ask any of the Texas, Rocky Mountain and the few others I have met personally ... I speak my mind and am grossly honest with how I feel.

I really don't understand why you even joined the series if you didn't like the rules that the "in-bred old timers" came up with. Just so you know, each and every director actually races a car in the series. Each and every director has suggested rules, or has suggested rule changes that are against the car that they drive. Each and every director is responsibile to look at the series globally, not locally. What works for you in Texas may not work in other regions. As such. the directors realize that it's important to make compromises that don't hurt current drivers but still promote growth. What you have made perfectly clear to the entire CMC community time and time again is the fact that you only care about yourself. I am sure I speak for many when I say that I would rather have the rules governed and updated by a panel of racers, rather than an entity that doesn't even drive the cars, and may have an agenda that will take the series in an unknown direction.

Since you feel so disenfranchised by the current group of CMC directors, and so thrilled with the management decisions of those that put out the survery, why don't you go and join the series that they have actively taken a lead role in developing and updating the rules for???? By the way.....that series is called American Iron, and it is dying on the vine.

Kent

I really don't understand why you even joined the series if you didn't like the rules that the "in-bred old timers" came up with. Just so you know, each and every director actually races a car in the series. Each and every director has suggested rules, or has suggested rule changes that are against the car that they drive. Each and every director is responsibile to look at the series globally, not locally. What works for you in Texas may not work in other regions. As such. the directors realize that it's important to make compromises that don't hurt current drivers but still promote growth. What you have made perfectly clear to the entire CMC community time and time again is the fact that you only care about yourself. I am sure I speak for many when I say that I would rather have the rules governed and updated by a panel of racers, rather than an entity that doesn't even drive the cars, and may have an agenda that will take the series in an unknown direction.

Since you feel so disenfranchised by the current group of CMC directors, and so thrilled with the management decisions of those that put out the survery, why don't you go and join the series that they have actively taken a lead role in developing and updating the rules for???? By the way.....that series is called American Iron, and it is dying on the vine.

Kent

Kent ... why do you immediately think of a single person? I honestly had no one in mind when I typed that. It was meant metaphorically.

However, given that this whole thing has most the directors on edge, I can certainly see where it could be interpreted the way you did. For that, accept my apology.

Your skipping over my posts would probably be in everyone's best interest because you obviously have personal disdain for me. That's OK ... I'll live as will you.

But if you read carefully, I think you will note that I too am seeking the same thing as you and the vocal majority.

And I'm no keyboard warrior. Ask any of the Texas, Rocky Mountain and the few others I have met personally ... I speak my mind and am grossly honest with how I feel.

Wow...there are some really sensitive folks in here if you felt Mitch's comments were soley directed at a single person.

Are we racers are ice skaters?

Need I remind the TopDawg and Barney driver of the reason we don't normally frequent this establishment?

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." - unknown source: via Silk Road Fortune Cookie

Wow...there are some really sensitive folks in here if you felt Mitch's comments were soley directed at a single person.

Are we racers are ice skaters?

James, it's no big deal. All the directors are "on the ledge" (Jim/Kent I didn't mean that all you guys are suicidal. It's a just an expression) and I didn't take it personally.

I just happened to be the one in their respective sights.

But all this hoopla does raise a lot of questions, from where I stand.

First and fore-most, is if all is well and has always been okee-dokee, why do John and Ryan feel compelled to change it?

That's not to say it's fouled up now. I think the majority of us like it just fine. But some how, those 2 guys think it is. Why?

Why didn't they take what the directors were telling them at face value?

Need I remind the TopDawg and Barney driver of the reason we don't normally frequent this establishment?

Good point Travis, I keep forgetting.

All I will end up doing is getting myself in trouble anyway.

Kent

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." - unknown source: via Silk Road Fortune Cookie

I thought it was:

"Never argue with an idiot. The people watching might not be able to tell the difference."

-Don

Guys, I didnt take Mitch's comments the wrong way. I dont necessarily agree that NASA national should be trying to fiddle with our series, but I also understand Mitch's point of view.

This subject is getting many a little concerned about what lies ahead. I am planning to do absolutely nothing to my car over the next month or so since I cant tell if I am going to be making improvements or making it street legal !

I'll throw this one out there...

Am I the only guy that isn't fond of adding a Carb to my TPI car to make power levels?

Sorry... I've just been a fuel injected kid my whole life...

Ultimately... I've been down the emotional side of rule changes w/ SCCA (car of the month type stuff)... For me... I'll just observe the changes that may come down, and hope to see CMC & CMC2 (or 1 class) have the participation numbers both deserve.

Peace,

Dave

Am I the only guy that isn't fond of adding a Carb to my TPI car to make power levels?

Sorry... I've just been a fuel injected kid my whole life...

NO, you arent the only one. The only reason to use a carb is if you arent allowed to change the similar parts in an injected system. ie manifold, TB, what ever.

I also have no interest in running a carb. I dont like A-sedan for this reason.

hope to see CMC & CMC2 (or 1 class) have the participation numbers both deserve.

This is key.