• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• Rustang72

• Glenn

• Renntag1548534718

Thanks guys, Colin... that's the same reason I'm not fond of AS either.

Either way, I'll figure out a way to still have fun with the club.

Peace,

Dave

LFMAO!

Thats what I was going to say !!

that's the same reason I'm not fond of AS either.

Either way, I'll figure out a way to still have fun with the club.

Agreed.

I got a sneak preview overview of the survey results and asked a lot of questions about why it was done and why the certain questions were worded the way they were (even if poorly worded).... I hope the results will be published - it should be illuminating.

Y'all should have gone racing at the 25 Hours. There were 2 CMC cars there - where were YOU???? A great weekend like that was enough racing to make me come back and laugh at this whole thread .

I got a sneak preview overview of the survey results and asked a lot of questions about why it was done and why the certain questions were worded the way they were (even if poorly worded)....
What were the answers to your questions?

I don't understand NASA's motivation to change, (or take over?), our series. IMHO their job is to regulate safety and the directors job is to regulate parity between the cars. Am I just way off here? Gary

I don't understand NASA's motivation to change, (or take over?), our series. IMHO their job is to regulate safety and the directors job is to regulate parity between the cars. Am I just way off here? Gary

Nope! Their jobs respectively encompass more in their roles that you have stated, however, I think there is definitely some "role encroachment" going on! If it ain't broke then don't fix it!

I got a sneak preview overview of the survey results and asked a lot of questions about why it was done and why the certain questions were worded the way they were (even if poorly worded)....
What were the answers to your questions?

I was very confused by the survey and wanted to know why questions were posed the way they were. After hearing the answer, I now know why some questions didn't have an acceptable answer.

The answers were enough to make me not worry about CMC. CMC is the 2nd strongest class we have in the RM region and therefore is very important to me that it prospers.

You should make your own list of questions and call John. He'll be happy to answer them.

I dunno if the best advice is calling John. I know of at least one person that did precisely that and his relationship with CMC was seriously effected - permenantly.

...Y'all should have gone racing at the 25 Hours. There were 2 CMC cars there - where were YOU???? A great weekend like that was enough racing to make me come back and laugh at this whole thread .

Those of us on the east coast cant just pick up and head west for the 25 hour. Similarly, were are you guys? We have enduros here on the east coast?

I dont think that the reason why this thread exists should be taken lightly.

You should make your own list of questions and call John. He'll be happy to answer them.
Our directors have been talking to John for months and have gotten nowhere. I don't think me calling him will help.

I think the series directors should just publish the rules they created originally. We can make plans for next year and NASA can just get over it.

Our directors have been talking to John for months and have gotten nowhere. I don't think me calling him will help.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I dont think that NASA's interest in CMC rule changes started earlier than late October? I also think that the worst thing we can do here is to NOT call John. It would be beneficial to have an open minded discussion. Talk to your regional director too .

I think the series directors should just publish the rules they created originally. We can make plans for next year and NASA can just get over it.

Again, sorry man, but I feel strongly that in order for this series to maintain its current momentum, it is important that CMC and NASA national have agreement and share full mutual support. I do not want to see this series go down like the titanic while we all behave like poop throwing monkeys ! ! ( nasty visual intended ).

This is a great organization and an awesome series. I have voiced my disappointment with the survey and what it meant to some of us. Lets get past this and allow the directors to finish what they have been slaving over. I dont see that we are going to have any drastic changes for next season (my opinion). I was excited about the classes merging, if it doesnt happen, so be it. I am more concerned about the economy and how I am going to PAY for racing next year.

the rules are close. should be this week.

dont hassle the National folks w/ phone calls. send them an email and leave your number for them to call if they have the time/desire. its important that they know what you want.

National got involved this year more so than years past due to people contacting National because they didnt agree w/ the direction CMC was heading. since those of us who do agree didnt call them, they only got 1 side and from only 1% of the group.

after many debates and late nights on the phone and surveys, the rules are almost back to where they were before National got involved. there are some changes. some dictated by National that the Series Directors will support and enforce. CMC-2 will be a work in progress over the next couple of years. mostly weight adjustments. be ready for it.

Posts never read because it made me think about it.

Read some of this Mitch...

http://www.virclub.com

You better hurry get reserve your Hospitality Suite that overlooks the track. They go very quick for the February event because it's normally very cold. They are brand new and contain a flatscreen TV, wetbar, two queen beds, shower, and best of all, it's close to where the CMC Mid-Atlantic gang paddocks so you won't miss our circus. Since gas is basically free right now, you would be missing out if you didn't come.

Currently we will have 26 CMC/CMC2 cars. There are 4-5 others that may show up that I don't know about.

Kent

Posts never read because it made me think about it.

Read some of this Mitch...

http://www.virclub.com

You better hurry get reserve your Hospitality Suite that overlooks the track. They go very quick for the February event because it's normally very cold. They are brand new and contain a flatscreen TV, wetbar, two queen beds, shower, and best of all, it's close to where the CMC Mid-Atlantic gang paddocks so you won't miss our circus. Since gas is basically free right now, you would be missing out if you didn't come.

Currently we will have 26 CMC/CMC2 cars. There are 4-5 others that may show up that I don't know about.

Kent

Just stop! <1300>

...Y'all should have gone racing at the 25 Hours. There were 2 CMC cars there - where were YOU???? A great weekend like that was enough racing to make me come back and laugh at this whole thread .

Those of us on the east coast cant just pick up and head west for the 25 hour. Similarly, were are you guys? We have enduros here on the east coast?

I've driven with every NASA region except NorthEast, SouthEast and Florida.

When is the next enduro? Sounds like I just got an offer for a seat!!! Really pretty easy to pack my suit and helmet. I can be on a plane headed anywhere within 12 hours...

doesnt it snow there?

I checked with MSR Houston, they figure the snow will be gone before the January event.

i was talking about VIR. but thanks for the weather forcast for late January 2009. (rookies)