lots of new faces here as of late.

Glenn

that to me is a really good thing. its a positive sign of series growth.

so why dont a few of you take a moment to introduce yourselves. some guys i see are switching from one series to this one. please explain why you are doing so. some racing background would be nice too.

i also ask that each of you fill in the location below your used ID there on the left.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• Tri-Agan

• J.O.R

• mattr1548534738

I'll go first. My name is John Coulter, I'm a 45 year old general contractor, I live in western NC, and I'm a track junkie. (now everyone says, "hi John").

Back in the mid 80's I autocrossed a Toyota GTS. I did my first track day with NASA in 2007, in a friends 95 Mustang GT.

Since then, I've been DE'ing in a 97 Cobra convertible, basic suspension mods on street tires. I'm building a 2000 GT for CMC 1/2. This current economy has me at a standstill completing the car. I'm still hopeful of having the car together over the winter, and continue to do DE's in it on Ra1/r888's. If I feel like I can get enough seat time in 09, I'd like to try for my comp license in late '09, or early '10. I plan to run all the NASA SE, and VIR with MA. I thought about going AI, but a few of us DE'rs decided to move forward with CMC in hopes of building the SE car count.

John

Sweet, Welcome John! If you need parts be sure to post up here as someone often has spares they are willing to part with. The economy has us all worried about racing, just stick with it as much as you can and don't worry about the rest. At minimum you can come out and hang out with your local CMC crew, do a little volunteering to help the group and you'll have a blast while learning a ton!

Travis Grabb, hailing from the Mid-Atlantic region. I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians. I've actually been on track with these guys all season, as I'm coming out of the Factory Five Challenge. I got my comp license in February after doing HPDEs at all the Mid-Atlantic events in 2007. Prior to that I autocrossed a 500hp FFR for about 6 years.

As for the reason I'm moving over from FFC, it's mainly about car count and the great group of CMC guys here in the MA. Oh.....and Kent gave me $50 to say "he's the best director ever"! (did I get that right TopDawg?)

As for the reason I'm moving over from FFC, it's mainly about car count and the great group of CMC guys here in the MA. Oh.....and Kent gave me $50 to say "he's the best director ever"! (did I get that right TopDawg?)

Travis.....you just earned a black flag for any fellow competitor at the first event. I hope you pick to have it flown at Jimmy.

Travis fails to mention that he also won the MA FFR Championship this year.

By the way.....we missed you at the party.....it was a long couple of days.

Kent

I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians.

Did Jeff ever replace the rear braces of the cage in that car??

Prior to that I autocrossed a 500hp FFR for about 6 years.

Autocross+500hp FFR=DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Wow, bet that is a handful, WELCOME!

My name is Tom Beverly and I fall under the Mid Atlantic Region. I've been around here for a while, but just recently became more vocal. I’ve had an 1993 ex-FHP Mustang AI project car that has sat caged and ready to build (I have all the parts ready to go) for the last 4+ years. With the large changes to the CMC2 rules (mainly allowing fox bodies) and the decline of AI cars in my region, I’m seriously considering de-modifying my car/cage and running it in CMC2 this upcoming season.

I’ve been doing this for about 10 years and have been mostly running/instructing track events; however I did get an SCCA license back in 2000. I’ve been running and building Mustangs this whole time. I really haven’t had the opportunity to race recently due to money/time constraints and I’m planning to make a major effort to get out there again this up coming season be it in CMC, AI or with the dreaded SCCA in SPO, ITE or GTP (that is GT Pinto for those who don’t know).

Tom

hello all,

my name is Rob Legree.. i am 20 years old from Michigan,

i have been racing for a little over 11 years now, started in karts racing with WKA, won several championships with that, ran circle track at auto city speedway in the factory stock class, then stepped up to a super late model, for those of you who don't no what that is, its more like an SU car, 2700lbs, made 750 rear wheel horse power, all aluminum and chromemolly, a REAL hand full. any ways.. wasn't having any fun with that any more because it became to expensive so i went back to doing what i love, road racing!!

the past year i bought two mustangs, one WAS a v-6 til i did a 5.0 swap (1995) and then i bought Robin Burnetts CMC car. i ran most of the HPDE events with the great lakes region. i would have run an enduro last year with rusty Furgison but long story short... i couldn't get a comp license because i dont know how to use my mirrors? yeah, crazy

anyways.. i am here to stay! i look forward to racing with everyone this year!

I bought Jeff Trask's old '96 Mustang via his dad Don, and raced it in the season finale with this group of MA ruffians.

He didn't, but I did.

He didn't, but I did.

You're the man Travis.....lead by example.

hello all,

my name is Rob Legree.. i am 20 years old from Michigan,

i have been racing for a little over 11 years now, started in karts racing with WKA, won several championships with that, ran circle track at auto city speedway in the factory stock class, then stepped up to a super late model, for those of you who don't no what that is, its more like an SU car, 2700lbs, made 750 rear wheel horse power, all aluminum and chromemolly, a REAL hand full. any ways.. wasn't having any fun with that any more because it became to expensive so i went back to doing what i love, road racing!!

the past year i bought two mustangs, one WAS a v-6 til i did a 5.0 swap (1995) and then i bought Robin Burnetts CMC car. i ran most of the HPDE events with the great lakes region. i would have run an enduro last year with rusty Furgison but long story short... i couldn't get a comp license because i dont know how to use my mirrors? yeah, crazy

anyways.. i am here to stay! i look forward to racing with everyone this year!

Welcome to the MW / GL regions Rob!

He didn't, but I did.

Glad to hear it, Travis. Frankly, I was pretty shocked those braces weren't discovered until the 2006 Nats. Pretty fast car, IIRC. Enjoy it.

Name is Rich. Altho I raced in 2008 as my 1st season, I'll intro anyway. Came from HPDE, intended on racing SpecE30 but lack of growth forced me to change classes early and run what I would have ended up in eventualy anyway. Sold my SpecE30 and got into a groundpouder. Long time Ford guy, so a Fox Mustang was no strange territory.

I'm glad to say the RM region is just shy of 15 CMC cars for 2009. If some of these guys would go into turbo mode on their builds we'd have 15 easy. But the economy has taken a toll and 'fun money' is being streched thin, as you all know. Growth has been great, considering 2007 RM CMC races were tough to fill a 5 car count.

If the gas/diesel prices stay in their current state, you'll all have good field of the RM racers at Nats this year.

I'm Larry Klamecki, living in Los Gatos, CA. I'm 62, Dad of 5, retired lawyer now working for the County of Santa Clara. I started racing (on the track) about 10 years ago, running for a few years with VARA in SoCal (BMW 2002, Lola 440); then to SCCA with a Crossle and Swift DB1.

The kids in Formula Ford are fast and fearless, no longer a comfort zone for me, so by brother and I are building a S197 for CMC2 for 2009. We've held off the build until the rules were final. Now that they are, the car goes for cage next week.

Tony G. has been a world of help and we're excited about joining the group.

Hello,I'm Robert Miller I've been running de events since the beginning of 07 with alot of clubs.Joined nasa se late last year and advanced to de3 so far.Ran all events except barber and ra in dec.I've been running a 98 cobra and changing it to a cmc 1or2 alittle at a time.Should be complete in a month.Look to be able to race 2010 I hope.

I'm Adam Thomas. I'm 28. I'm a Structural Engineer from Chattanooga, TN. I have done a couple of track days with NASA-SE. I am currently building a carb'd 3rd gen for CMC-1. I am waiting on my cage builder, then all I'll have left is wiring and brake lines and it will be complete. This picture is my current motivation to finish the car. It just bothers me that it will never be this clean again.

Engine.jpg

My name is Dan Close from Dayton OH. Just reaching that point in my life where I can start doing more things like this. I am 53 years young and enjoy being around cars. I have three boys that are helping me build a 95 GT, which needs a lot of work and may be ready for CMC in 2010. Next year we plan on working to keep the car running and participate in HPDE. This looks to be the best route to take to be able to drive and work toward getting a Provisional License. With us be located in Dayton we hope to hit all the events in the Area including the new Bluegrass track.

I have been on the board for a short time and been reading a lot of the postings. This looks to be a good group to hang out with and it is also good to see that I am not the oldest guy out here.

While I have your attention – would like to ask a question. What do I do with a Deployed Passenger Airbag in a 95 Mustang GT?

A lot more questions to follow. Thanks

My name is Dan Close from Dayton OH. Just reaching that point in my life where I can start doing more things like this. I am 53 years young and enjoy being around cars. I have three boys that are helping me build a 95 GT, which needs a lot of work and may be ready for CMC in 2010. Next year we plan on working to keep the car running and participate in HPDE. This looks to be the best route to take to be able to drive and work toward getting a Provisional License. With us be located in Dayton we hope to hit all the events in the Area including the new Bluegrass track.

I have been on the board for a short time and been reading a lot of the postings. This looks to be a good group to hang out with and it is also good to see that I am not the oldest guy out here.

While I have your attention – would like to ask a question. What do I do with a Deployed Passenger Airbag in a 95 Mustang GT?

A lot more questions to follow. Thanks

Welcome to the Midwest /Great Lakes region Dan!

Not sure what to tell you to do with the airbag other than take it out.

Bryan