• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• Tri-Agan

• J.O.R

• mattr1548534738

Greg here in Fort Worth. Too lazy (and aware of my own limitations) to build a car, but kudos to those who are. I bought my 88 IROC from Rick Santos in NoCal who took it to the track in 1991 and never looked back.

My DE experience started with an Acura RXS-S and moved to an E-36 M3. But after a couple of years I came to see that a fully prepped car was a better idea and then why not race? So it was CMC or Spec Miata and CMC got me hooked. Not the least of "why" is the great people in the class.

Just cleared my provisional license with two weekends here in Texas and am looking forward to testing my Comp license at Barber later in May. So to everyone building and getting ready... dive in, the water's great.

• 1 month later...

As this is my first post, I'm super noob in here. My hope is that I actually drive as good as I think I do and can get a license in the next year-ish and score a built Mustang. I found CMC when Matt King built the four-eye in Hot Rod a few years ago, and my two Driver's Edge events plus Lemons has totally ruined me.

Barring ridiculous occurances, I'll be at TWS in August HPDEing. My wife will pilot the mustang and I'll be in my C***ette. This will be our first NASA event and I'm looking forward to seeing the races between sessions. Hope to see you Texas guys out there.

Jared

Patrick R. here, I'm a NASA-SE memeber running HPDE-2. I learned of the NASA back in 2006, went to a few events, decided I wanted in. So bought a ragged out 88 GT in early 2007, started getting the motor, etc ready for DE events. Ran my first event in Feb 2009 at CMP and had the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. Now I'm in HPDE-2, just ran road atlanta this past weekend, loved it.

Now I'm hooked completely!

As this is my first post, I'm super noob in here. My hope is that I actually drive as good as I think I do and can get a license in the next year-ish and score a built Mustang. I found CMC when Matt King built the four-eye in Hot Rod a few years ago, and my two Driver's Edge events plus Lemons has totally ruined me.

Barring ridiculous occurances, I'll be at TWS in August HPDEing. My wife will pilot the mustang and I'll be in my C***ette. This will be our first NASA event and I'm looking forward to seeing the races between sessions. Hope to see you Texas guys out there.

Jared

Jared, we will all be pitted in the middle garage at TWS in August. Look forward to seeing you there.

BTW, why don't you drive the Mustang and let your wife drive the Vette? Afraid she will beat you?

Jared, we will all be pitted in the middle garage at TWS in August. Look forward to seeing you there.

BTW, why don't you drive the Mustang and let your wife drive the Vette? Afraid she will beat you?

Maybe... I've been dying to wail on it on the big track since I bought the Z last August 1, seems like a nice one-year celbration. She's agreed to the terms for this event and is a good sport about it. If all goes well, she's eyeballing SM.

I'll be by the garage for sure. Good luck in the races all!

I'm a 24 year old mechanical engineer living in LA. I got an '86 Mustang a few months ago and started tearing into it for CMC. One of my coworkers has an AI SVO he races in so-cal, so its his fault I took the plunge. I've been around NASA races for a few years but only working/spectating. I'm currently working for Honda/Acura on the ALMS P1 and Indy car in engine development. This is my first race car after 4 years working in racing and I'm excited for it to be a V8.

Welcome aboard Matt!! So will your colleagues at work make fun of you for racing with things made of cast iron?

About half of them do. The other half either have or have had Mustangs. Its a funny mix...

• Members

Very cool. I tried to get in there back around...94 some time. I didnt have enough data acquisition experience to convince them to take me on. Anyway welcome aboard!

Thanks! HPD has changed quite a bit since then. We've grown from a shipping and trackside support facility to full research and development. There are 4 dynos, a materials lab, an electronics lab, etc. etc. Everything a manufacturer should have to go Indy racing. I used to work for Porsche in the US, and that doesn't even compare.

My boss told me a great story you guys would appreciate.

One day he was at lunch with his Honda Racing shirt on. A kid came up said "Oh wow, you work for Honda Racing, thats so cool. I have a Civic, what can I do to make it go fast?"

his response: "Sell it and buy a mustang"

im chris b from nh.. found this site thru a link on grassroots motorsports. not 100% sure what i am going to do yet but enjoy pkoing around readin the info avaiable

Its tough being in so cal and being a fan of V8 muscle cars. This is the epicenter of rice after all...

I haven't lived there in many years but it was the epicenter of all things V8 when I grew up there in the 70s and 80s! If you owned anything rice you were uncool! Times change, but rest assured there are still many V8s prowling the streets of LA!

My boss told me a great story you guys would appreciate.

One day he was at lunch with his Honda Racing shirt on. A kid came up said "Oh wow, you work for Honda Racing, thats so cool. I have a Civic, what can I do to make it go fast?"

his response: "Sell it and buy a mustang"

Priceless! Maybe I'll put that as my signature....

I'm not switching series or clubs yet, kinda waiting to see where things are sitting once my car is built. I'm new to racing, at least beyond the spectator point. For now, I'm keeping options open.

• 4 months later...

I've made several question recently and saw this thread and thought I introduce myself since I haven't done so before.

My name is Lee Fuller and I'm 43. I'm a multifamily general and electrical contractor out of Greensboro NC. ( 45 mins from VIR ). I had no idea that all this racing was going on so close to my house. Been busy trying to make a living and raising a family. I saw a Redline Time Attack on TV and sounded like fun. So, I got on the internet and here I am. I've got about 10 track days with various clubs and hope to get comp lisc in late 2010. I'll be in the MA region and I'm prepping a 4th gen camaro for CMC 1 or CMC 2 hopefully in late 10 or early 11.

thanks for reading.

• 1 year later...

I guess I'll start. MY name is John and I am 29, married with a 15 month old boy. i sat around dreaming about real racing for about 3 years before I finally decided that dreaming wasnt going to accomplish anything. I did research looking for a healthy series that would let me race a Ford and and still be around by the time I was ready. CMC looked to be the perfect match. I bought a 96 Mustang GT that I am in the process of converting to a CMC2 car. So far I have the interior mostly stripped (started on the sound deadening last night ) and have a few suspension pieces I need to put on soon.

I am training at Driveway Austin (L2 course tommorrrow) as money permits to get my comp license and am going to do DE's as well up until I am ready for the comp license. I hope to make all the NASA TX events this year. ECR was my first track day this past year. As luck would have it I ended up living down the road from Jeremiah so I have been pestering him with questions quite a bit recently but he, Mosty, and Jeremy Gunther have all given me some good advice in addition to the answers people have posted to my questions here. This is a good board with a lot of helpful folks.

Welcome John. See, all it took was just to take the radio out like Jeremiah said. I live in the Tomball/Spring/Woodlands area and abuse a Mustang as well, currently building a 94. Let me know if you need any help.

Rob Liebbe

Hey everyone. Name is Amrish Patel and am 27 yrs old, I had a few discussions with Al Watson and met him at the last event at Thunderbolt which was also my first time out to any HPDE/Race event and I have to say it was awesome! Al got me a lot of good info and was great to talk to him.

I have been a long time thirdgen camaro person and Right now have two - 1992 z28 pro-street build in the works and an original 1988 Iroc-Z with 72k miles that is mint and staying that way.

I am looking to getting another thirdgen camaro to get into CMC1 in the northeast and cant wait to start. Not sure if I can afford it for this coming year though so it may be as long as 2012 for me

I plan to be at as many events summer of 2011 as possible just to meet everyone and gather as much knowledge as possible. Im sure some of you have seen i have been asking about trailers and have been checking classifieds periodically for cars/trailers that are good deals.

Cant wait for next season to get started!