• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• Tri-Agan

• J.O.R

• mattr1548534738

I am looking to getting another thirdgen camaro to get into CMC1 in the northeast and cant wait to start.

When you start your planning, I would look at the third gen in CMC2. Might was well build it for the future and drop the LT1 into it.

yea i want to see if and when any rule changes come and also depends on what i find. if a cheap thirdgen 305/5-speed comes along that requires no motor/tranny work then it was be cheaper for me otherwise i'd look for a stock lt1/T-56 combo and a very good rolling chassis

if a cheap thirdgen 305/5-speed comes along that requires no motor/tranny work

Found 1 for $600. Needed a spindle, strut, fender, and slight strut tower pull. All easy, cheap work. Downside is it is a T-Top car. But, they are still out there. This one even had all the emissions intact. But, they won't stay once its prepped for CMC2.

Hey Guys- My name is Chris Ferraro. I live in the Charleston, SC area (NASA SE region). I'm married with one child (3yr old girl).

Pony cars have always been a part of my car ownership/passion since my very first car (wow, that was back in 1985! jeez..). So, when I came across the CMC series, it was a no brainer for me.

I picked up a salvage title '03 Mustang GT in Sept '09. Did a basic build up (brakes, suspension, safety stuff) over that winter to prepare for the hpde ladder in 2010. Got some great advise from Michael Mosty, Pete Urbanski and others (thanks guys!), on my CMC2 build.

I took my comp school end of Sept 2010 and broke my cherry at Carolina Motorsports Park in Nov. for my first race weekend.

Got a lot of good advise from Jim Pastorius (thanks for coming down form MA region to join us Jim!), Pete Urbanski, Gregg Housemann, Jim Pantas, James Ray and others. Just a great group of guys to run with. You guys are stuck with me now..

I wasent able to run the last round at Road Atlanta (trashed my tranny last half lap of the last race at CMP) and was already committed to run the 8hr enduro with a team that weekend (so not enough time or $ to get my car on track). Torture.. But it did leave me time to hob-nob around the paddock to meet, talk, and lend a hand with everyone. And it was nice to see and meet Todd Covini (even though he had some reservations about running on my favorite track.. in the rain..

I'm planning on getting the car repaired and made reliable (and try to find some power/torque from this motor!!) over the off-season to hopefully run a full season next year. I would ultimately hope to run Nationals next year as well. Hope to see/meet most of you guys there.

Great series, and I'm constantly on the promotion of it with the up and coming racers.

-Chris

#14 CMC2 Mustang

• Members

Hey, welcome Chris. Good timing on being out there when Todd was around, now you'll have a face to put to all of the jokes you'll see around here

Hey, welcome Chris. Good timing on being out there when Todd was around, now you'll have a face to put to all of the jokes you'll see around here

Todd who?

JJ

• 2 months later...

What's up gang, I'm Josef Girouard from the humid land of Louisiana and I'm addicted to driving fast. I've been an insatiable Mustang fan since I can remember and we hope to go CMC racing in the coming years!!

Here is where it gets interesting: My wife, Tiffiny, decided that we should give public roads a break (NEVER STREET RACED but who hasn't taken a curve too fast?) and build a race car. I was floored!! Keep your wives happy and they'll return the favor!

We both drive Mustangs (mine is a 410w powered 95 GT her ride is a 2005 GT) so it only makes sense to build a Mustang. We regularly autocross and

attend lapping days at the local course but are looking into accredited driving schools or the closest track NASA puts on HPDE events. Gotta start somewhere!

Ok, before someone screams 'calm down newb' I'll close by saying, "we're here to ask questions, listen to advice, gain knowledge on building a CMC ride and also building great friendships."

Josef and Tiffiny

"we're here to ask questions, listen to advice, gain knowledge on building a CMC ride and also building great friendships."
Welcome.

If you can make it, you need to be HERE June 11-12,2011, whether you're driving or watching.

It's a CMC weekend on steroids... and BBQ... and adult beverages... and year-end vids... and foolishness... Oh, and an incredible race weekend to boot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Welcome aboard!!! Where in Louisiana are you? There's a new track being built outside of NOLA, looks like a really nice facility! Anyway welcome aboard. For sure nothing beats going out to the track to check out the cars in person. It might be a bit of a hail for you, but make a weekend out of it and it'll be worth it. Besides, you can participate in HPDE and start working on your competition license. Check out nasaproracing.com for all the details on licensing, HPDE, and schedules.

I dont think you can go wrong with a Mustang given thats what you have a history with. All of the platforms have their advantages and disadvantages, but that is in the form of how much this or that costs, or how much of a pain is it to do this or that. Lap times wise, they're all about as even as you could ask for. The guys here have all of the knowledge you could ask for and then some, so ask away...and the only cost is the sarcasm

I live just north of Baton Rouge, about an hour and a half drive (75-80 miles) from where they're building NOLA Motorsports Park. Ironically enough, the gentleman over Operations and Technology is a friend of mine!!

Heres something you may find humorous, I'm literally rescuing a foxbody from a bush to build into my track car. I guess I'm a "Mustang Conservationist" LOL!! my intentions are to build her to CMC2 specs and go from there. Seems like a good idea to learn the ropes in the car I plan to compete with. Besides, that way I won't tear my street cars up.

Told ya, from a bush!!!

51c5fc54.jpg

Anyhow, I look forward to attending a CMC weekend when time permits.

Cool picture.

Do all CMC (Mustangs) start out like this, I believe my 95 was underwater at some point in its life and the guy worked with Drywall and Concert. Looks like he strapped sheets of drywall to the top of the car and let it rest against the rear spoiler. I also have white specks of concert which does not look good on a black car. I also think it was the home to one or more white long hair wet dogs. But look at it now it is almost a race car. I have until April 8th to make it into one.

I also have white specks of concert which does not look good on a black car.

Hey! That's not legal ballast!

• 6 years later...
Bob, I think he is looking for a CMC car as I saw an eariler post of his looking for one months ago.

Almost positive cf03gt just sold one.....my buddy just brought it to VA last week.

Russ Carter