09 CMC 2 Rules Clarification question???

Dave Whitelaw

5.0 injected cmc 2 rules say now we can have shortie headers. Does it matter if they are equal length shortie headers?

Thanks Dave...

I was told I could use either one.

JJ

Maybe true but they are worth it either way with how the 5.0 has no power on top end.

IMO, the 5.0L needs TQ down low more so than HP on the top end.

I'd rather have the top end. I spend more time 5000-6000 than I do under 4000.

My dyno guy said shorties would add 10hp and no change in torque. We conservatively estimated that with an E-cam, shorties, timing adjustment, and replacing my rusted/crunched X-pipe; my car would get to 255/300

I agree. I have put them on every 5.0 mustang I have owned (4) and it has done nothing but help the all the way around and the top end for sure everytime. If it does lose any torque you wont miss it compared to the top end power and I would say its a overall no brainer for racing conditions especially.

HP vs Tq really depends on the tracks you run. In the MA region we don't run on any converted speedways like the SE, TX, and CA regions do. We only run on designed road courses that have many slow turns. If we run VIR North, and not run the long back straight of the full course, I would rather have the low end TQ all day long. Time and time again out here we've seen that a 5 tq difference makes more of an impact than a difference of 10 HP. Take Morris and I for example. I have 5 more TQ and he has 10 more HP. He can't make a pass coming out of any turns because his HP advantage doesn't come into play quickly enough before the next slow turn. At VIR long, I get a good jump on him with my TQ out of Oaktree, and he slowly reels me in by the end of the long straight. For our tracks I would pick the extra tq all day long over the HP.

Kent