Welcome - Naran #99

944-Spec#94

Welcome new 944-spec racer Naran Reitman from Indian Wells, Ca

He will be racing a White/Purple/Black "Rainbow" 1986 944 number 99.

He has POC Short track Experience and is working toward his NASA comp License!

Welcome! Let me know if I can help.

Help fill your car with dirt!! Kidding Mr. Tim. I actually laughed quite heavily when I watched your spin on the video!

Naran, you will find that Tim is a very helpful guy. Always full of advice and willing to help out others. He's a great asset to the So-Cal 944-Spec region. (Even if he does mess with your ego a bit!).

Come one come all! We had a blast this weekend, imagine when then is 10 of us out there.

Edited by Guest

I think Eric has thrown the guantlet out, drawn a line in the sand, put his toes in the big pool, grabbed hold of the big rope, he wants to step it up!! I hereby challenge you to a race, for pink slips, Grease style. In the water runs of the City of LA. You bring your bitch and I'll bring mine! (You have a dog right?)

Ahhh, he's kidding Narran and so am I. Eirc knows my mouth runs off faster than my driving. And as for the Vegemite, there will remain two un-named 944-Spec drivers who were too soft to give it a try. You think your tough driving a race car, try eating Vegemite for 30+ years!

Dylan a.k.a. Pedro.

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome! Let me know if I can help.

Thanks, Tim. Car is coming together. I could use some help getting a NASA license. Never had a competition license. Have application and MD statement done. Don't really know where to send it or where to start. Your help is much appreciated.

You need to talk to Jeff Flafery with NASA and see if you can get into the "Driving Concepts" racing school soon. It's a great school and will teach you more than you thought possible. If you are a little off do whatever it takes to get the time/qualifications to get into it. After that you get a provisional lic and you're racing!!!!!!

See ya soon - Let me know if I can help.

Eric

You need to talk to Jeff Flafery with NASA and see if you can get into the "Driving Concepts" racing school soon. It's a great school and will teach you more than you thought possible. If you are a little off do whatever it takes to get the time/qualifications to get into it. After that you get a provisional lic and you're racing!!!!!!

See ya soon - Let me know if I can help.

Eric

Thanks for your help, Eric. How do I get in touch with Jeff? I'll have a chance to surf NASA's homepage tonight, but if you have a direct link that would be helpful. Thanks, again.

Naran, let us know when you get close to finished. We'll make some number plates for you. Small charge. You can autocross the car in San Diego in the meantime. We have a 944-spec class.

Naran, let us know when you get close to finished. We'll make some number plates for you. Small charge. You can autocross the car in San Diego in the meantime. We have a 944-spec class.

Car should be back from painter this Wed, 12/24. I anticipate we'll have it back together in time for the weekend of 1/10. Glen Uslan (POC guy) of AUTOSport Performance is helping. His address is 2250 Celsius Ave., Unit M, Oxnard, CA 93030. You can send the number plates there. Let me know cost and I'll get a check to you right away.

What's the story on the SD autocross scene? I live in Palm Desert so this would be very doable.

Thanks for all your help.

I talked with the PCA SD board of directors and they agreed to establish a separate class for our cars in both autocross and time trials. We AX about once a month. There's a DE today at the Qualcomm Stadium.

They're a great bunch of people to associate with, seriously.

Regarding your numbers, I'd rather apply the decals myself. It's very important to me that our class look sharp and I want the series decals all in the same place on the cars as much as possible. I'll install them free of charge to anyone in the class. They cost $75 for three number plates and your name. Have you picked a number yet?

I talked with the PCA SD board of directors and they agreed to establish a separate class for our cars in both autocross and time trials. We AX about once a month. There's a DE today at the Qualcomm Stadium.

They're a great bunch of people to associate with, seriously.

Regarding your numbers, I'd rather apply the decals myself. It's very important to me that our class look sharp and I want the series decals all in the same place on the cars as much as possible. I'll install them free of charge to anyone in the class. They cost $75 for three number plates and your name. Have you picked a number yet?

When I was a member of Riverside area PCA we did some events with SD folks. Many great people. Let me know when next event is scheduled and I'll try to get there. Car still needs a little shake down.

My # is 99.

I'll be in touch after the 1st of the year to hook up with you to install number plates and series decals.

Thanks, Tim

• 1 month later...

Hi Tim:

Car # 99 should be ready to run next week. I am planning to take it to WSIR on 2/1 to do final shakedown on the POC day there.

Let me know the best way for us to hook up to get numbers/name done.

Thanks for all your help!

You're welcome..........You're aware that there is a PCA Time Trial at Streets of Willow this weekend? I don't know when we can get together for the installation of all 944-spec decals.