Hallett - June

nasa-rm

Dave & Al,

How high is a 2010 repeat of the Hallett event on your priorities?

CMC & AI numbers are high and can be even higher if promoted harder.

No reason this can't be an event like the June Sprints in terms of popularity and accomplishment.

Had a great time in 2009 and hoping it makes the schedule in 2010,

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

Midwest Region

i saw AL and Dave Balinget talking about this at Nationals. its very high on their list w/ regards to event weekends. i talked w/ Jim Pantas (talk/drank, same thing) and he said he could bring 6 cars. he was very interested. so the buzz is out there.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• nasa-rm

• mitchntx1548534714

• Al F.

• Members

There is absolutely no question CMC and AI are having a summer shootout at Hallett next year. Exact dates will be announced, as Clifton just posted, June 12th is a good bet.

2010 Hallett will be the biggest summer shootout ever as Jim Pantas has committed to coming in his big rig that is capable of bringing 6 of his local cars. I can see us hitting 40 cars that weekend.

There is absolutely no question CMC and AI are having a summer shootout at Hallett next year. Exact dates will be announced, as Clifton just posted, June 12th is a good bet.

2010 Hallett will be the biggest summer shootout ever as Jim Pantas has committed to coming in his big rig that is capable of bringing 6 of his local cars. I can see us hitting 40 cars that weekend.

I had the time off for Hallett this year but blew a motor. It will again be on my schedule in 2010...cant wait!

A huge benefit of the Cal Cup is the winner gets a free entry to the Nats - pretty damn nice. I think that should continue.

Not sure if N/S Cal regions pony up for this or what.

But that would be a sweet carrot to dangle in front of the Hallett crowd.

According to NASA, the cost is split between the SoCal and NorCal regions.

How about making it a RM/TX/SE (if the SE shows up) shootout? Highest points winner from that one weekend gets a free entry to the Nats? RM/TX/SE split the cost. Put some stipulation regarding at fault contact, minimum number of class entries (eliminates a single AIX car, for example, taking the entire thing), etc.

Use CCR scoring so that everyone is on a level playing field (AI, AIX, CMC, CMC2).

According to NASA, the cost is split between the SoCal and NorCal regions.

How about making it a RM/TX/SE (if the SE shows up) shootout? Highest points winner from that one weekend gets a free entry to the Nats? RM/TX/SE split the cost. Put some stipulation regarding at fault contact, minimum number of class entries (eliminates a single AIX car, for example, taking the entire thing), etc.

Use CCR scoring so that everyone is on a level playing field (AI, AIX, CMC, CMC2).

Don't forget the Midwest!

Wow...my mistake. Sorry about that, Bryan.

TX/MW/SE/RM/CA/etc. Hell, the more regions, the easier it is to split the cost of the National entry.

Seriously - I think it would be a great idea.

Wow...my mistake. Sorry about that, Bryan.

TX/MW/SE/RM/CA/etc. Hell, the more regions, the easier it is to split the cost of the National entry.

Seriously - I think it would be a great idea.

This is an awesome Idea!!! Where the hell do we park?

Al,

Thanks...just what I wanted to hear. I've already sent an email to Chris Griswald (Midwest AI Director) giving him a heads up. Bryan White (Midwest CMC Director) is already on board and hopefully will make Hallett a Midwest/Great Lakes points race.

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

FWIW, I'm planning to make the haul from out west. Hallett is just too much fun.

Depending on car counts, it might be beneficial to have a CMC/CMC2 run group, and an AI/AIX run group. This way, the AI/AIX drivers won't be embarrassed getting passed by so many CMC drivers.

Depending on car counts, it might be beneficial to have a CMC/CMC2 run group, and an AI/AIX run group. This way, the AI/AIX drivers won't be embarrassed getting passed by so many CMC drivers.

And won't slam into the leading CMC car sending him into a tire wall.

Depending on car counts, it might be beneficial to have a CMC/CMC2 run group, and an AI/AIX run group.

With bonus points if the run groups are far enough apart so one group can watch the other!

What if Hallett was just opened up to AI, CMC and CMC2 run group, an RX7, SM, Spec944, Legends run group, and an ST run group.

Then create a schedule that mimmicks the Nationals schedule ... qualifying races and then a final race with similar track time.

And then market it as a Nationals warm-up.

Depending on car counts, it might be beneficial to have a CMC/CMC2 run group, and an AI/AIX run group.

With bonus points if the run groups are far enough apart so one group can watch the other!

That would be fun, since we never get to watch those guys.