NASA National Championships

nasa-rm

A couple of reasons. 1 - I sold my CMC2 RA1s for nothing. Bought the R888s and then found out you could run the RA1s. The R888s cost more than the RA1s new, that affects my budgeting. I'm not real excited to buy more of them with most folks running the RA1s. If I manage to scrape up some RA1s and run them, I am behind on development for next year IF the plan is to go to the R888, which now is a crapshoot with the powers that be if they follow this years example of changing a one spec tire series to two after the season is already in progress.

After running the nationals at Mid-Ohio I experienced the long races at 40 mins. I cannot imagine the R888s will competitive against RA1s in races of that length. Regardless of any opinion or conjecture, they are two different tires, and as a result there is no parity in a national competition. What is fair about that? It was going to be stretch for me to attend this year financially, however I planned to until this tire BS. Count me in next year.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• nasa-rm

• GT4Point6

• Lady in Nomex

I'm with you on this one Julie.

Two tires means we don't have a spec tire right now.

The Ra1's will dominate the races with any length of time.

2010 will be figured out though.

I'm with you on this one Julie.

Two tires means we don't have a spec tire right now.

The Ra1's will dominate the races with any length of time.

2010 will be figured out though.

JMHO but RA1's will be fine with me for 2010.

Screw the triple eight for guys like me that can just get to the track six times a year. Testing a new tire takes track time that I don't have.

JJ

• 2 months later...

well i have no plans to cancel my entry today, so i guess i'm gonig.

worked on the car Sat and the trailer yesterday and today.

leaving Sunday late afternoon. should be on site late late Monday night. see you guys there.

heard thru the grapevine today that there was a late entry to CMC. looks like we may have 6-7 cars.

One of the CMC entries is listed with a Miata. As of the 28th there were 6 CMC entries including the Miata. Redynoing my CMC car tomorrow then getting ready to head to Miller next Wednesday. See some of you there.

I'll be flying in Wed. night to spectate and help crew for the TX guys. Flight gets in Wed. at 8:30 PM so if anyone needs a ride from the airport let me know.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

well i have no plans to cancel my entry today, so i guess i'm gonig.

worked on the car Sat and the trailer yesterday and today.

leaving Sunday late afternoon. should be on site late late Monday night. see you guys there.

heard thru the grapevine today that there was a late entry to CMC. looks like we may have 6-7 cars.

Well, there is one less CMC entry. I just had to cancel due to shifting project deadlines at work. I'm not very happy about it, and trying to figure something out but it doesn't look good. Stupid federal agencies.

-Don

Still a handful of hours left, but that's probably it for CMC/CMC2 cars.

Thede's car dynoed out in CMC2 trim today.

Ya, who would have thought putting the stock air box and filter back on the car vs an open end K&N filter would get us an additional 7 rwhp and 20 rwtq (now at 247 rwhp/291 rwtq) from 2 weeks ago on the same dyno. The A/F also went up from somewhere in the 11's to 13-13.5:1 with the same speed density computer which probably had something to do with it too. I was trying to lose 11 rwhp and keep the torque at least the same.

Dave, is CMC and CMC2 considered 1 group or 2 for contingency prizes?

• Members

Landrum has the cmc pole with Love six tenths behind. Schotz has the cmc2 pole by a mile with Brown and Steel one tenth off each other.

Quality race starts at 2:35 mountain