Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• nasa-rm

• GT4Point6

• Lady in Nomex

Results of todays qual race:

cmc winner is Landrum,then Balingit, Theis, Love

cmc2 is brown, steel, schotz, plum

No matchie your CMC2 results above, penalties?

Got it to work after reading their FAQ and downloading the recommend player and plug. You could still see some CMC/CMC2 action!

Congrats to Dave Schotz CMC2 Champ and Glenn Landrum CMC Champ! It was a tough day on motors apparently with #33 Brown/Chicca going up in smoke, also Dave Balingit.

Yes, rough day on CMC cars. Brown/Chicca car is basically pink from the rear wheels back from tranny fluid. My alternator (it appears) took a dive with a lap and a half to go. Brady's car started cutting out as well.

I'll be back.

Would have liked to see a little more CMC love on the Speedcast, but the live timing and scoring was great. 3rd place in -2 looked pretty exciting. Anybody hear how 33 faired ignoring the meatball for the last couple laps?

Congrats to everyone who made the show, and to Glenn and Dave for showing the way.

Next year, let's hope for a bigger CMC field than FF so we get the air-time.

I think that was the 11 (Jim Griffith, S197 CMC2) and he had a bad tire rub or something on left hand turns. I got past him when he was getting the meatball. Not sure he finally came in.

CMC final, close times, 45 minute race. Good hard clean racing.

1 70 Glenn Landrum 41:38.196 2:18.911 77.748

2 63 Kevin Margetta 41:50.601 2:19.643 77.340

3 3x David Love 41:51.526 2:19.708 77.304

4 23 kirk theis 41:54.809 2:19.188 77.593

5 16 David Balingit 37:52.640 2:18.973 77.713

CMC2

1 75 Team Schotz 40:18.511 2:13.888 80.664

2 33x D.Brown\ K. Chicca 40:26.312 2:13.917 80.647

3 18 Jeremiah Kellam 41:00.589 2:16.604 79.061

4 26 Brady Flaherty 41:00.757 2:16.587 79.070

5 45 Nick Steel 41:08.660 2:16.782 78.958

6 77 Michael Plum 39:38.997 2:20.352 76.949

7 6 Team Incidental C 41:16.688 2:26.279 73.832

8 11 Jim Griffith 37:52.200 2:19.681 77.319

First of all, Group A deserves HUGE KUDOS for making the Group A Race Director look good. An outstanding selection of drivers, good, close hard core racing, very few on track incidents. We had a few DQ's and a reposition (DQ to an FFR for at fault contact and failure to submit incident report, FFR reposition for stopping in the hot pits after the Fri qual race, qual session DQ to one CMC car for an air dam being too low), but for the most part, we had a fantastic group of drivers, with only the 3 impound infractions mentioned above.

11 was given the meatball due to smoke billowing out on left handers. It didn't get better...only worse. I really feel bad for Jim, and he wasn't happy (which I understand), but there wasn't a choice.

33x was given the meatball with 1 or 2 laps remaining, but was able to complete the race.

Congrats to Dave Schotz for his CMC2 Championship win. To Glenn Landrum for his CMC Championship repeat (sheesh...he'll NEVER shut up now... ).

I'm at SLC, waiting to catch my plane back home. If anyone is interested (post here if you are), I'd be happy to list a copy of our tech sheet from the weekend so everyone can see what we teched at each and every session (including practice).

Thanks to EVERYONE for a fun, memorable weekend.

If anyone is interested (post here if you are), I'd be happy to list a copy of our tech sheet from the weekend so everyone can see what we teched at each and every session (including practice).

Absolutely. It will be great to see the complete list.

thanks

chris

Thursday Practice - ALL

1 ) Weight

2 ) Tech (verified dyno sheets, and windshield sticker)

Thursday Qual - Top 4 CMC/CMC2

1 ) scale cars and compare to windshield decal stated minimum required

2 ) Must have CMC windshield banner

3 ) Driver's name in lower part of windshield

4 ) Must have 4 NASA decals

5 ) CMC class letters (5" tall, one on each side)

6 ) Nationals HP/WT decal MUST match dyno sheet

7 ) Check for dyno sheet SIGNED by Race/Series Director

(Adam Ginsberg or Al Fernandez)

8 ) Check safety gear (socks, etc)

Thursday Qual Race - Top 4 CMC/CMC2

1 ) scale cars and compare to power/weight decal

2 ) Rule 8.8, no more than 150# of ballast, must be no further rearward than the plane of the main hoop

3 ) Rule 4.6 - check for driveshaft safety loop

4 ) Rule 4.8 - verify Master switch shuts down vehicle

5 ) Dyno winning CMC and CMC2 cars, with P2 cars on standby

6 ) CMC2 - Rule 8.3: max track width for Fox3 CMC2 is 73.25"

7a ) CMC - Rule 7.5.4: only OEM wings/spoilers

7b ) CMC2 - Rule 8.4: $700 max cost, within body confines (check rulebook for further clarification)

Friday Qual - Top 2, and random CMC/CMC2

1 ) Air dam and other body component height/ground clearance

2 ) Panhard bar height

3 ) Weight

4 ) Fuel cell

5 ) Check front suspension collar height

Friday Qual Race - Top 2, and random CMC/CMC2

1 ) OEM swaybars & end links

2 ) Weight

3 ) Rear Camber

4 ) Wheel & Tire Size

5 ) Dyno

6 ) Wheel weight and dimensions

Saturday Championship Race - Top 4/CMC, Top 5/CMC2. Winner to perform teardown, others remained in impound

1 ) Weight (ALL)

2 ) Restrictor size (if equipped)

3 ) Check Alternator voltage

4 ) Dynos

5 ) Winner

a) Pull valve cover verify OEM heads/valvetrain, cam lift

b) Verify steel flywheel & stock diameters

c) verify brake rotor diameter, thickness & caliper piston size/costs

6 ) Battery size

7 ) Panhard bars

8 ) Rear suspension

Vehicles were only permitted to be released from impound by either the Race Director (myself), or Series Director (Al Fernandez).

Dyno sheets and windshield stickers had to be signed by 1pm Thursday by either the RD or SD. Presenting an unsigned dyno sheet after than time would result in a DQ. Many competitors (most FFR drivers) dyno'd many times, and would find Al or I throughout the weekend for updated signatures. Only the most recent signed dyno sheet (and associated dyno information sheet) was accepted.

For practice and qual sessions, competitors were permitted to stop in the hot pits to take tire temps/pressures.

For the qual races and the Champ race, vehicles were not permitted to stop for any reason (other than an emergency) until in impound - no stopping in the hot pits for anything. No one was permitted to touch the vehicle until directed to do so by an official. For the Champ race, no one (and we meant no one - no crew, no family, no press) was permitted in the impound area except for the drivers and officials.

To say we kept the Tech Officials busy would be an understatement. And, they were top notch folks to work with. Couldn't have done it without them, or Al as my Series Director.

Getting ready to board my second hop to BUR, then home. Looking forward to seeing my family.

Some randon thoughts on the nationals:

The Plum Crazy Motorsports crew had a great time. It is always fun hanging out with driver from different regions and trading war stories. It is the drivers that make this series what it is. Even though the ranks were small, the quality of the individuals involved made up for the small numbers.

Good clean racing and outstanding cooperation between the CMC classes.

I went into the weekend on the fence about R888's, but that is all I had and tried to make the best of the situation. I'm no longer on the fence. They are f*%#ing junk!

Dave Balingit deserves a lot of praise, he did a great job running the show and did great on the track when the pesky car would run.

Adam and Al handled the difficult job of officiating well. It's not easy dealing with a bunch of racers and they did the job with grace and ease.

Congrats to Dave and Glenn, both deserving Champions.

Nick and Dave Brown deserve a nod for putting on a heck of a show in each and every race. And then there is iron man Brady racing in 3 classes. I can't forget to congratulate Kevin. It has been a true pleasure watching Kevin develop into a podium finisher at the nationals.

Back to unpacking

Mike

2 ) Panhard bar height

Saturday Championship Race - Top 4/CMC, Top 5/CMC2. Winner to perform teardown,

Adam,

I'm ashamed to admit I did not know there was rule on how high (or low) the Panhard bar could be.

Also I thought we had a no tear down rule?

JJ

2 ) Panhard bar height

Adam,

I'm ashamed to admit I did not know there was rule on how high (or low) the Panhard bar could be.

JJ

Let me try answer this for Adam.

Tear downs became legal at the onset of national championships, here is the CMC rule allowg it:

3.10 Inspection and Testing

NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials have the right to inspect anything in sight at any time the vehicle is at the track. NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials have the right to request disassembly or any other procedure required to verify vehicle compliance with these rules including a dynamometer re-certification. The CMC Official may require that a CMC Official or designee be present for any dynamometer re-certification.

I expect the panhard height measurement was a check of GM vechicles for parallism to the rear axle as covered by this section of the rules:

7.33.2 Panhard bars:

1. Ford vehicles may add a panhard bar. The bar may be adjustable for length. One panhard bar mounting point may be height adjustable to allow for leveling of the bar, but the other mounting point must be of fixed height.

2. GM vehicles may substitute the OEM panhard bar. The bar may be adjustable for length. The passenger side mounting point must remain OEM stock. The driver side mounting point may be lowered, but only to the point where the panhard bar is parallel to the axle at ride height.

Mike

2 ) Panhard bar height

Adam,

JJ

Let me try answer this for Adam.

Tear downs became legal at the onset of national championships, here is the CMC rule allowg it:

3.10 Inspection and Testing

NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials have the right to inspect anything in sight at any time the vehicle is at the track. NASA tech inspectors and CMC Officials have the right to request disassembly or any other procedure required to verify vehicle compliance with these rules including a dynamometer re-certification. The CMC Official may require that a CMC Official or designee be present for any dynamometer re-certification.

I expect the panhard height measurement was a check of GM vechicles for parallism to the rear axle as covered by this section of the rules:

7.33.2 Panhard bars:

1. Ford vehicles may add a panhard bar. The bar may be adjustable for length. One panhard bar mounting point may be height adjustable to allow for leveling of the bar, but the other mounting point must be of fixed height.

2. GM vehicles may substitute the OEM panhard bar. The bar may be adjustable for length. The passenger side mounting point must remain OEM stock. The driver side mounting point may be lowered, but only to the point where the panhard bar is parallel to the axle at ride height.

Mike

Thanks!

JJ