SoCal CMC/CMC2, Round 3 @ BW - 27/28 June

Adam Ginsberg

For those interested, there's a 3 hour enduro this same weekend.

Anyone planning to run the enduro in their CMC/CMC2 car? If so, we have an anonymous donor who's willing to pitch in $50 for fuel. Additionally, I'll match his $50 to make it an even $100 for a CMC/CMC2 car that runs in the enduro.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adam Ginsberg

• GT4Point6

• NickS

• Pat Stone1548534713

Entry list as of today:

CMC:

Don Lariviere

Pat Stone

Jeremy Bua

Derek Tisinger

Adam Ginsberg

Kevin Margetta

CMC2:

Michael Plum

Brad Simpson

Larry Klamecki

Nick Steel

Karl Chicca

Fence sitters - Carson Scheller, Charles Weeks and ??????

Schedule is now posted.

We have a mostly separate run group (13 GTS/SU entries racing with us), with a 20 min qual race on Sunday morning.....we have 3 races this weekend, folks! Thanks to all!

Dinner at the Willow Ranch as usual on Sat night?

Willow Ranch or wacthing the Enduro is a tough call. The sure winner would be competing in the enduro

You guys have fun, I'll be at the rest of the races this year (in N. Cal).

We are working behind the scenes for you guys right now, and expect to see some really good improvements for CMC in 2010.

That's my plan also, see you at the last two races guys! I am planning on attending the Nationals as crew for Sam Stowell if he goes, or just spectating. See you there if you go!

Ouch...106 on Saturday, and 107 on Sunday...have fun melting R888's.

You guys be careful and watch those engine temps..I'll be thinking of you while basking in the Lake Tahoe Sun at 77 degrees.

My car will be done in 2 weeks so I'm ready to go then.

Enjoy be safe and have fun!

Ouch...106 on Saturday, and 107 on Sunday...have fun melting R888's.

You guys be careful and watch those engine temps..I'll be thinking of you while basking in the Lake Tahoe Sun at 77 degrees.

My car will be done in 2 weeks so I'm ready to go then.

Enjoy be safe and have fun!

Ahh, Lake Tahoe. I was there last year and was amazed how nice the water was, you could actually see the bottom.

A group was a little disturbed when I said the lakes in TX were so muddy you couldn't even see your legs.

More to follow I"m sure but it was HOT HOT HOT!

In CMC, a blown head gasket and grenaded radiator hoses kept a couple of CMC cars on the side. Hose got fixed, head gasket was trailered.

64 cars in our run group, Kyle had fun gridding all 64 with only 45 cones...

Great job Kyle!!! What a cluster with that many cars in one group....

It was 108 on the floor of my trailer with a nice breeze through it.

165 asphalt temps at about noon, got hotter after that.

180 degree floor board/tranny tunnel temps, my right foot is COOKED.

My water stayed at 210, oil at 240. Got to love those huge aluminum heads.

Towels soaked in ice water was the norm and an absolute must.

Cool suits were had my most but not all. Not sure how they could handle that heat but some did.

I personnally drank 3 gallon jugs pluss a case of 24 16oz bottles.

Now I'm drinking beer,

Can't wait for Cal Speedway! That should be soo much cooler...

Many thanks to the NorCal folks from towing down and racing with us in the mild SoCal heat.

Yeah.....it was hot. Even with the heat, we still had some great racing in CMC.

Without spoiling the in-progress writeup, we had some broken parts, and an out of class incident that took the CMC leader out of the mix in R1, but in true CMC fashion, people came together to help one another out. Big thanks to Kevin and my team mate Don for helping me out this weekend.

Writeup to follow in a few days.

Now.....let's get ready for Cal Speedway in 5 weeks!

A HUGE thanks to the Plum Crazy Crew with there awesome Grid work, race work, radio work, impound work, ice water in the impound (I"d pay for that water after this weekend), and you name it. You guys/gals made the CMC racers that much better! THANKS!!!

We could call them:

The S&M Crew (Suzie and Mike)(what where you thinking?..)

The PCM Crew (Plum Crazy Motorsports)

The PTC Crew (Push The Cheby Crew)

ok, ok, I'll quit

Thanks Adam for your directing expertese. Good seeing and racing with you again.

On a side fuel note,

On the the last race of Sunday, I put in the normal amount of gas, about 3/8's of a tank. I ran with a "Low Fuel" light for the last two laps and then the cool down lap without a hickup or any fuel issues after a 35 minute race.

Stock 01 GT returnless tank/pump/lines.

I felt like those guys in NASCAR trying to squeeze every once of fuel out but I couldn't lift with Jeremy right on my arse most of the race.

That needs to be sent to Ryan if he didn't see it already in that prospective. GREAT video. My video of that accident showed the yellow and black Mustangs going straight and the the black one got hit hard. The GTS Porsche in front of me checked up like Porsches do with great brakes and I went four wheeling to avoid him and that uber slow E30. My video is clear enough to see that the yellow and black Mustangs were going straight and not moving laterally but the Porsche is blocking the RX's to see what happened with those guys.

My video camera gave up in the middle of the last race. tape won't come out or play. The manual says it's desigened for 40-102 deg operation. easily 130 in the cars during the race...

The RD, Rob, already saw the video. I'm REALLY disappointed my camera wasn't recording, as I was not far behind that incident (running P3 in CMC), and had it very clear in my field of view.

AAMOF, I was watching it unfold, thinking, "This isn't going to end well", and not a split second later, 2 of the RX7's made contact, taking Pat out. Fortunately, Pat and his steed were relatively ok, but he blew a radiator hose a short time later.

Great video.

looks to me the car w/ the camera is at fault.

watch for the orange and white car to his left show up in his rear view mirror (thats angled so that the camera sees out the driverside window via the rear view mirror). the camera car moves left after the orange/white car is already beside him.

Yes Al,

It's has been a little tough lately. I was trying to tell those guys to stay behind me, and now you see why. Pretty good intuition huh! I may be all wet here but it looks like Jeremy moved over and touched tires with the four wide RX 7's which then sent them crashing into me. There seems to be a bump when he moved left, and then you see the RX7 sideways out of control. I know it would not be intentional on Jeremy's part, and I was a little slow on the pick up there because I didn't want to hit our spinning rookie, and Jeremy got boxed in. We seem to have a battle royal going, which is fine, I'm just glad my car decided not to fly. When it went over the burm backwards, the back of the car was way off the ground I was holding my shoulder belts and praying hard. I thought it was going to catch an edge, but thanks to my crew Dave and Pierre I had a well balanced car and it stayed upright. Amazinly I had put the clutch in and it was still running when it came to a stop. I could tell you all the other things that happened to me this weekend but it would take too long. Everything is fine, I have a quarter panel donation and rear cover so we're still in business. It was a real bitch to have the fastest car and get taken out that way. It looks like the accident smashed the tailpipe harder than we thought and caused the car to experience an over heating problem, futher complicating our weekend and making it a very trying experience. I don't think I will be going back to Buttonwillow any time soon after the way they ran the grid and the pre grid and tech areas. That was a disaster and having people camped in the pre grid and tech areas is just unacceptable. Lecturing in the meeting about getting to pre grid on time and then you get there and you are parked ten deep on the access road because other cars are trying to drive back to their camping spot for the whole week end right in the "middle" of the pre grid with sixty five cars trying to go out on the track. Stupid for sure, unsafe, definately. This shouldn't be about money and customer service, it should be about everyones safety when you pay your fees plus national fee tack on to go to these events and support NASA. Sorry, just venting.

Pat

Also Jeremy you might want to take down that header over the first clip. This is definately not the way you want to take the lead in a race and absolutely not just a normal day at the track.

Pat Stone

I was wondering the same thing? Why does it look like CMC2 & CMC were split? But the RX-7's were behind CMC cars?

Strange?

Dave

(Glad everyone is ok)

Yellow flag caught them up to us and the yellow at the corner stand just before the front straight dropped his full course flag too soon. It was the poorest run event I've been to, since joining. The corner workers looked confused and the grid was a nightmare, just watching. Then it was the spinning Klameki and a waving green down the straightaway and the mazda's sweeping out four wide to pass, but I don't think anyone saw anything but green at the flag stand. There shouldn't have been passing there I don't think. That's why I chose my line and stuck to it. Should the start finish throw a yellow when he sees a car spinning in front of everyone coming right at him? Did he? I don't know, I just got clobered out of nowhere, leading the race, carefully, with the fastest car. Not what I expected for sure. I hate hearing "that's just racing". Small mistakes create big problems and they compound quickly on the race track.

PS

Pat had the fastest CMC car, no dought and lots of bad stuff happened here and there enough to keep him from a win.

Pat, get it fixed and see ya at Cal Speedway and I still have those rims for ya, forgot to drop them off in your trailer.

that looked like a ride!!!HOLY MOLY...Looks like you and Jeremy would have had a heck of a race if those Mazdas didn't screw everything up!!!I am so glad it actually happened that way as it sent you away from the wall..If it happened the other way, you would have felt like you did when you drank all those margaritas in LA over a year ago..

Just glad you are OK..you will go out and dominate next time!!

looks to me the car w/ the camera is at fault.

watch for the orange and white car to his left show up in his rear view mirror (thats angled so that the camera sees out the driverside window via the rear view mirror). the camera car moves left after the orange/white car is already beside him.

Jeremy had no fault in the incident, regardless of what your youtube perspective is, Glenn.

Yes, Jeremy did make a slight move to the left, however, he never contacted the RX7. They managed to get tangled all by themselves, taking Pat out. They saw Larry's spin as an opportunity to pass people, instead of holding back a bit like the rest of the field did.

He definitely was the man to catch this past weekend, and it really sucked to see him taken out. He and Jeremy had one hell of a battle going on.

Pat is spot on about the people camped/pitted in the grid and tech areas. AAMOF, Ryan, Rob and I spoke about it during Sunday's race, and Ryan apologized profusely for the gridding mess.

Unfortunately, unless they have a NASA official at the track on Thursday evening, directing people, it's nearly impossible to control. Similar to how MSR-C gets on the upper skid pad.