SoCal CMC/CMC2, Round 3 @ BW - 27/28 June

Adam Ginsberg

Why in the world did you guys run with those guys?

We did that once ... and I said never again.....

Man Pat that just sucks!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adam Ginsberg

• GT4Point6

• NickS

• Pat Stone1548534713

I was passed by the #17 RX under the first double yellow. It was out for at least four stations and he still passed me and almost caused me to spin after the bus stop on the dip as he passed on the inside. Then when it went green, he was the one who hit Pat. I talked to the Race Director about this after the race as well as the #26 GTS Porsche car passing under full course DY for almost a lap. It's like it didn't matter to them.

Our normal CMC/AI/FFR group did very well with each other, some of the other groups just don't get it or don't care.

Long live the great racing of CMC/AI/FFR groups!!!!

The RX's got up into us pretty fast in both races. Several of them were late to grid and started behind the FFRs just behind us.

I was just looking through my datalogger stuff, the temperature of my AIM dash (mounted on the steering column) was 132 deg F during Sundays race!

Saturday's race was 129 deg F!

-Don

Our normal CMC/AI/FFR group did very well with each other, some of the other groups just don't get it or don't care.

CA and TX are exactly the same!

That sounds exactly like when they combine us w/ group 7 (Porsche, BMW, Vette) and things instantly go bad. My guess is they just don't get it.

I was just looking through my datalogger stuff, the temperature of my AIM dash (mounted on the steering column) was 132 deg F during Sundays race!

Saturday's race was 129 deg F!

-Don

I would have guessed in the 140 range, Don do you still have the A/C in that car?

Mike

• Members

Pat, glad to hear you're ok and that you're keeping your chin up after all that's gone down. Hopefully some good learnings will come out of this to reduce on track incidents. I hate to see out of class contact.

I would have guessed in the 140 range, Don do you still have the A/C in that car?

Mike

With your long tube headers that may have made it a touch hotter.

Mike

With your long tube headers that may have made it a touch hotter.

Headers yes, but they are shorties. Hooker shorties to be more accurate. A heat shield at my feet is definitely in order.

For those of you following the move of of 3rd gens into CMC2. I believe a bad injectors was some of the reason I was down on power. I didn't dyno due to the heat, but the on track experience was telling. I had useable power equal to Charles Weeks' 4.6L equiped with long tubes. Nick's LT1 on the other hand was able to put 2 car lengths on me on the front straight given equal runs of the corner.

Mike

Here's a good lesson. When following the leader on a restart in "very" heavy traffic, stay in line, be patient and wait until the faster cars clear and resume racing. As they always say you can't win the race in one corner but you can lose it.

PS

Pat,

Here's a lesson for you: Next time on a restart when you're having a great battle with another in-class competitor...why don't you pull completely to the right side of the track instead of running down the middle. That would have left more room for the 4 wide, much fast cars behind to pass. Looks to me you took your line right out of the middle hoping to keep Jeremy behind you.

You need to realize this was not the other CMC drivers fault and accept the shitty luck you had that day.

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

Midwest Region

By the way Sid...Pat was very close to the inside of the track. It looks like he is in the middle cause you are unfamiliar with the track. There is about 10-15' of grass/dirt between the track and the pit wall. Gary

Moving completely to the right to let them pass with a 90 deg right hander coming up when your in 4th at redline? Really?

First off, the overtaking car has the responsibility to make the pass cleanly and the car being overtaken is not required to move off line, this responsiblity is on the overtaking car. No one will or can argue that.

Pat had a line and held it, just as he should have. He could have went all the way to the left if he wanted to before the 7's came up but he gave them racing room. Nice guy and got caught up in the process.

pat does not block..he probably is one of the cleanest racers out there..

if you want to see classic CMC blocking go to the 07 nationals film from James Griffiths car..now that is blocking..the best offense is a good defense!

Yes I moved to the left. My tires are 1 1/2" in from the quarter. If I rubbed tire with the rx7 I would have had a scuff on the tire. And I'm sure some of the dust or paint would have been rubbed off the quarter panel. For a car to spin that much in a straight away, he would have had to really jerked the wheel. Me and Nick rubbed at sears in turn eight so hard it broke the mirror an knocked me sideways. I kept control of my car. How is it possible he couldn't do it on a straight away. All I know is there aren't any marks at all on my car. I can't help if the other guy panicked and slammed into the other rx7. I can't believe nothing was done. Hell I was put on probation several times last year. Yes Pat the title was too much. It will all be deleted.

Edited by Guest

• Members

JB I dont think you need to delete the entire video...any time drivers can see things go wrong on a track is an opportunity to learn.

Pat, you're a funny man...people at work think I'm weird for randomly laughing out loud. That said, I know for a fact Sydney is neither blind nor stupid. Well, he does drive a firebird so maybe he isnt running on all 8 cylinders after all

As someone who gets to pass on occassion and who gets passed a lot, I think holding a line is a lot better than trying to figure out where the car behind you is going to pass.

Like stated above, it's the responibility of the over-taking driver to ensure the pass is clean.

The car being passed is allowed 1 blocking move. But where is the line drawn?

In a train of cars, when does searching for a way around in reality constitute multiple blocking moves?

Pat,

My comment was not to say you did anything wrong. You had the right to be where you were. (You also had the right to pull to the grass if you didn't like what you were seeing behind you.) My point was the car following also had the right to step to the left when he got a run on you. It just seemed by your previous couple of post that you were blaming your bad day square on the shoulders of Jeremy and it was not his fault. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Carry on,

Sidney

Maybe it wasn't explained well enough, but there are two RX7's on Jeremy's left, not one. Those two RX7's tangled with one another, causing the orange/white RX to spin across in front of Jeremy, and took Pat out. Jeremy never touched them.

Jeremy - I do not know the outcome of the RD's decision regarding the RX7 driver(s). He may have put them on probation, suspension, fined them, etc.

Also - for those needing their Toyo bucks form signed, please contact myself, Nick or Mike Plum.

Edited by Guest

(Nikki borrowing Jeremy's account again)

Jeremy asked me to repost these, with the title change. Here are the videos from the Saturday race:

Incident on Saturday:

Slow motion video of the accident:

Race overall: