Starting an New Class

TexaST-1

I think the vette has better braking due to the lower weight. I think handling is about equal maybe a small percentage toward the Vette.

i dont even know what to say to that..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TexaST-1

• Jaymz

• BradyMorehead

• FrankBarba

So what will you be driving in GPC next year? I assume that it's not a Comp Coupe as you would be wanting to keep the car in group2.

It doesn't matter to me anyway as I drive a Vette. I just want as many people in this class as possible. If it means Frank in his CC then that just means I have to kick it up a notch.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Comp Coupe. It's a great car out of the box. But you can't compare a "stock" Comp Coupe to a modified/tweaked/tuned WC or VRL car.

The POINT is that GPC-2 will and should be the dominate class for GPC.

GPC-1 will be new cars and T1 crossovers

GPC-2 will be modified cars, I think there are alot of them, one of the reasons I left SCCA T1.

GPC-X will be for the guys that have Ex-WC cars or over built cars and want a place to run other than the NASA's SUO or SCCA ITE or some other "Grab Bag" Class.

Small addiltional point is per the rules if someone shows up with a qualifying class car and no dyno sheet, they can still run in X.

I personally think I can out run and drive some of the WC cars.

We all know we get more quality seat time with NASA.

I agree on the track time.. Compare that amount of track time to a SCCA national. Most of our race weekends here in the OH/IN Region we get 3 sprint races a weekend. One Practice/Qual/Race on Saturday and Qual/Race/Race on Sunday.

I will have enough points for Nationals after the first two weekends.

Also our region has three race weekends this Summer. Is anyone planning on coming to test on the new track surface?

I agree on the track time.. Compare that amount of track time to a SCCA national. Most of our race weekends here in the OH/IN Region we get 3 sprint races a weekend. One Practice/Qual/Race on Saturday and Qual/Race/Race on Sunday.

I will have enough points for Nationals after the first two weekends.

Also our region has three race weekends this Summer. Is anyone planning on coming to test on the new track surface?

Keep me posted on the Schedule in your region. I want to make Mid-O at least once this summer. I would also like to make RAmerica again. I haven't run there since 2002.

2006 EVENT SCHEDULE For Ohio/Indiana

April 21-23 Mid Ohio

May 20-21 Putnam Park

June 10-11 BeaveRun

July 7-9 Mid Ohio

July 22-23 Autobahn

August 11-13 Mid Ohio

I have a few other dates @ Mid-Ohio too if any is interested. Most are instructing @ HPDE events but it is good track time. (probably morre than a race weekend) I usually use those weekends for test and tune, working on shock settings, tire pressures, etc.

But you can't compare a "stock" Comp Coupe to a modified/tweaked/tuned WC or VRL car.

im not.. and neither are you guys.. youre comparing it to a semi-tweaked corvette.. THATS what doesnt make sense.

My car isn't a semi tweaked Vette. I was talking from my experience with my car vs Franks CC.

im not going to argue cars.. mine isnt semi-tweaked either.. and ive seen a lot of CCs.. without major suspension upgrades, major brakes and aero.. a vette wont compete vs a CC.

but I'll be in gpc3 anyway.. i was just saying.

My car isn't a semi tweaked Vette. I was talking from my experience with my car vs Franks CC.

im not going to argue cars.. mine isnt semi-tweaked either.. and ive seen a lot of CCs.. without major suspension upgrades, major brakes and aero.. a vette wont compete vs a CC.

but I'll be in gpc3 anyway.. i was just saying.

We will have fun @ Nationals any way. I doubt that Frank will make it into 2 so he will be there with you in X. I might run a couple weekends in 2 and a couple in X so I can qualify for both classes and decide on which one I will run in. My new motor might be too much power for 2.

Are you coming in for any of the events @ MO this summer? Let me know. I would like to see that Vette with the blowdryer run.

My new motor might be too much power for 2.

Are you coming in for any of the events @ MO this summer? Let me know. I would like to see that Vette with the blowdryer run.

heh.. its just a small blowdryer on a stock motor.. hopefully by summer it wil be a small blowdryer on a huge motor.

what did you put in your car?

My car now has a 346 with 11.5:1, AFR's, G5X3, Fast90, headers, etc.. Makes about @ 500 at the wheels.

New setup will be a World Products LS7 Block, probably 454 CI or 427 (still undecided on that much stroke) with 12.5:1 comp, solid roller cam, ET 11Deg heads, LS7 intake, and all of the other go fast goodies. Who knows what it will make.

Blowers can make good power. There is a guy locally that runs the OneLap that has over 700 at the wheels in his Z06. I don't think that car can handle the heat/stress of a 30 minute race though.

Blowers can make good power. There is a guy locally that runs the OneLap that has over 700 at the wheels in his Z06. I don't think that car can handle the heat/stress of a 30 minute race though.

mine made 500 new.. and can to 30 minutes.

Kevin...

obviously this new group is only going to be in your region this year and will not be at the national event at MO or in the SE region.

my question is right now (at least in the SE) we have no cars in VVC, and so the 1-3 vettes that show up run SU. now w/this new class we will spread out the amount of cars into 3 classes dilluting each even more. Will NASA discontinue VVC???

On another note, i agree with you about the T1 car. Don't discount a T1 vette or viper..they are damn fast. I have beaten a current C5 WC vette with mine, and am always within 2-3 seconds of any WC viper or vette that shows up. Hell..I bet if I could drive better I could keep up w/ them!!

Don't discount a T1 vette or viper..they are damn fast. I have beaten a current C5 WC vette with mine.. Hell..I bet if I could drive better I could keep up w/ them!!

i dont understand..

your T1 car is as fast as a 500+ HP vette, with an aero package, custom mounted suspension points, huge brakes, and less weight?

My goal was to create a class for ALL of the "Super" cars that float around running in the different regions in ones and twos.

If ever popular VVC class gets eliminated...So be it.

We'll have a class of 4-5 cars at minimum now.

I have been told this will be a National Class.

I am working as fast as I can and juggling my job with rebuilding my Corvette. See description: Tow rig driver, chief mechanic, crew chief and last but not least driver.

Ryan..

I have raced against a C4 & C5 WC vettes at Roebling Road in a SCCA TCC race last year and out qualified both cars (I was on the pole) with my 2002 T1 Z06

At a NASA event this year at Road Atlanta..Jim Rathman's old C5 WC car and Farmer's C6 WC showed up. Farmer was FAST..turning a best I think of 1:33+/-. I was 1:36+/-, I beat the other C5(I don't know the times).

Now if Lou Gilloti came w/his C6, he'd be in the 1:26's.

But we aren't comparing full World Challenge race teams against my T1.

You guys were arguing about the 3 classes and someone remarked that a T1 car would get blown away by these WC cars...my point is....that ain't necesserally so.

Frank...

hope you make it to RA. Mid march the weather should be PERFECT!!!!!!

Mixon, you've been talking about coming to RA for years...I think you ought to come as well.

I am working as fast as I can and juggling my job with rebuilding my Corvette. See description: Tow rig driver, chief mechanic, crew chief and last but not least driver.

Kevin,

Let me know what I can do to help you out with the rulebook.

I can't find in the rule (I am working on) any where that "Kit" cars are allowed in GPC.

I do know that you will be on the track with us in Group 8 at the Ranch in Houston.