Nasa's Tire Ruling

Dave Whitelaw

Some folks either just don't want to or don't know how to setup a car. I'm not passing judgement. Each of you can decide which category you fall in.

You got me Mitch. I don't have a clue how to set-up a race car. Even if I did the track time it would take to test is something I do not have. I've tried reading all I can get my hands on and reading the books is like watching grass grow. The info I get from other racers is well ................."it is what it is".

JJ

You know Jerry, a lot of us are in that boat.

And it's the reason I chose to continue through 2K9 on the RA1s and let others work through the tweaking stage. I made the conscious choice to do so, basically chalking 2009 up to a learning season.

You have to realize, though,this was when the concensus was that the R888 was a superior tire ... and it still might be.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitchntx1548534714

• Tony G

• Lady in Nomex

• liebbe1548534713

I am a fan of the R888... but I've never run on RA1s... and I'm not going to nationals so the point is mute.

I have been waiting to hear what the plans for next year are going to be, I have some Toyo bucks that expire SOON!!!

Email sent yesterday to NASA to get you guys a update....still waiting for the update answer.

As you know we don't like or do mid-year changes..the tire deal was announced with no one in CMC knowing anything about it and we were NOT happy(were still not).

I have been assured that we will indeed know whats going on before what actually happen's in the near future.

I only posted that post above since that is what NASA assured me would be the case, then it changed without any notification to me or anyone else.

Those are the true facts.

To add fuel to this fire SCCA is switching back to RA1s for 2010 in Spec Miata. Toyo stated they are starting RA1 production back up. Somebody is crazy here. Tom.

Things are progressing very well and I'll have another update next week as to whats going on for 2010.

Thanks,

Tease!

Tony,

I don't think anyone thought you were to blame. Your position, though, might've made it seem that way.

You are our the conduit. So all the angst and ire flowed through you.

Tony,

I don't think anyone thought you were to blame. Your position, though, might've made it seem that way.

You are our the conduit. So all the angst and ire flowed through you.

A simple case of kill the messenger.

Thanks you guys, I'm glad you see how it works.

I too am a racer just like you, and get as frustrated about stuff as fast if not faster than anyone out there.

There are many times I would like to post WTF...like some of you do and should do..but that in turn would not quite fit my position here(so I just verbally yell it out instead of posting it) .

I did !!

They know where we stand and NASA listens to its racers.

In the end you will be happy...I promise.

We're switching to Hoosiers? Or Kumho's?

Just kidding of course!

OK...this is weird, but I see Al Fernandez as a cross between George Tenet the CIA chief....

383px-George_Tenet_portrait_headshot.jpg

and Flavio Briotore the FI Renault chief...

boda-flavio-briatore-elisabetta.jpg

Is it just me, people????

Well that ain't the Becky I've met ...

I know! Becky's prettier than that...and Al's uglier than that!!!

No way! He didn't have to buy his chickie either!

Well that ain't the Becky I've met ...

I know! Becky's prettier than that...and Al's uglier than that!!!

No way! He didn't have to buy his chickie either!

Well, only Al can respond to that....who knows.

(Tires? Did someone say something about tires?)