NEW WEBSITE

bsim

As some of you may have noticed, the CMC website has changed!

This was done for a few reasons, but mostly to try and "modernize" the look and feel of the overall site.

There will be a few more "improvements" coming in the next few weeks that mostly involve database connections, so there shouldn't be any appreciable difference to the user experience.

If you find any "bugs", please post then here.

Thanks, and happy racin'!

"Moutain" is now "Mountain", thanks David.

Kevin, yes, we'll still have the pre-09 results & points available.

And for you mid-west / Great Lakes fellas, your points will be up in the next day or so.

Is the 888 picture a "bug" or "enhancement?"
In the biz, we call it an "undocumented system feature".

Glenn, if I get the records for each, I post 'em.

Thanks Adam...

Not a bug, but when you clickie the forum button I would perfer it did not open a new window.
The site no longer uses frames, so the forum inside the site no longer works that way.

I'll change it so it doesn't open in a new window though...

Texas points done, Great Lakes / MW points done, and a few profile updates done.

Still need to link to old points and reports, and change the forums link to open in the same page.

You may also note that the new pages are on a .net address. After a week or so, I'll move them over to the .com site and remove the interim page.

Excellent! I'm already enjoying the current changes and looking forward to the future ones (like the track records).

Now we need to get all those driver/team updates submitted by all the CMC folks out there (Team Incidental Contact included).

Scott

Thank you Sir. New site looks, and seems to work, great. And, it's nice to see the small, but mighty, Midwest CMC'ers getting some Web-play.

So, when's that ugly tire picture going away??

Why all the hate for a new window?

I'm curious about that as well. Firefox opens a new tab, and it's very handy - it allows me to use the forums, but still have a separate tab to search info on the main site.

Nikki borrowing Jeremy's account for a sec...

The new look and feel is great!! I like it a lot.

One suggestion is that it would be great to have dates on the Records section, and years on the photos/videos section, if you have that info available.

I know you'll be busy with other updates for the next few weeks, but I have a lot of photos/videos I'd be glad to share if you're interested too. Please let me know, and if so let me know when you're ready for them.

Great job!!