Wiring for EFI 5.0

Trevor571548534737

I am in wiring harness hell. My motor is built and ready to drop in, but all of the harnesses are out of the car. I would like to wire this car using the existing harnesses. Any advice, or diagrams will help. Also I am wondering if I can leave the trans harness unhooked. Does the ecu need a VSS signal?

The ECU does NOT need the VSS signal. The stock and aftermarket harnesses do provide for that signal, but do not need to have it plugged in. Your best bet on the wiring is to search on some of the Mustang related websites for details and write-ups. You can use a stock 5.0L harness, but it's not as simple a plug and play deal as a standalone aftermarket harness like from Painless Wiring.

This site is a good source for tech info and parts on 5.0L wiring and they sell a good harness if you decide to buy one.

http://rjminjectiontech.com

Trevor, if you've got a little time, buy a factory service manual from Helm Inc. and it'll have all the schematics with wire colors. I did it when I ran the stock TPI and dropped 15lbs of wire out of the harness, but I had over 40 working hours into doing it, YMMV.

I am doing the same change but not as far as you are. This is something i found that may help. Also what nape said, the book has everthing you need - I hope but it looks good.

<a href=94-95_5_0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif' alt='9

Thanks. Do I need to keep the constant control relay module? I know that it feeds info to the pcm, but If I have the fan on a manual switch can I just dump it?

I'd encourage both of you guys to convert your SN95s over to Fox wiring and computers. It's a little extra work (you have to change a couple of connectors in the Fox wiring harness), but worth the improved simplicity and performance in the long run. The main benefit is the Fox computer runs a straight RPM-based spark curve, where the SN95 is load-based. The spark and fuel curves are also more aggressive (the A9L is the best stock config) and since you cannot reflash the ECU in the CMC rules, this makes a real difference.