VIR March Madness and CMC craziness....what a blast!

koserv

I want to take a minute and give a big shout out to the folks in the Mid-Atlantic region and the CMC crew for a great "March Madness" weekend at VIR 3/27-28. Bob, Sidney, Scott (SM #199), Tim (HPDE Beemer), and I had a kick ass time. Between the paddock grit in the shorts and the Dodge Ball in the face, I can't imagine a better time....well, except for that ice stuff Saturday morning. I'm a tough Alaska King crab fisherman, and I still froze my 'nads off. Take a good dose of Southern hospitality and add in a little Lydic ADD, and you end up with one hell of a good time. It was well worth the 16 hour tow. And, that doesn't even count VIR itself. What a track! I think my shorts are about dry (uphill S's....need I say more?).

Thanks guys for showing us mid-west boys how to party hard and race clean! Video to follow.....

Oh yeah, and thanks for the tips on the blended fuels. We hadn't thought about that, and it makes perfect sense. It sure paid off on Sunday. Thanks again!

KO

blended fuels?

Do tell.

JJ

LOL We would tell you but we would have to kill you.

Kent you absolutely crack me up!!

You guys were awesome, it was a lot of fun, thanks for coming out to play. We all know it was a long drive.

The video's of us going through the American Iron group are going to be hilarious. They must have been waiting for a secret handshake or something on the starts, because most of them just sat there waiting to be pinballs.

MA CMC'ers,

Thanks for making us feel welcome and showing the way around VIR. What a spectacular facility and a track all drivers should add to their list. Hope to make it to Hyperfest next year and expect a nice portion of your drivers to find your way to Mid-Ohio September 2011.

Sidney Franklin

CMC #64

Yellow/White Firebird

Here's the start of Sunday's race. If I'd have had a bigger sack, I'd have been in the cat-bird seat for the wad-up.....looks like I could have made it by before the pit wall slapped me back into traffic! I guess I need a few more popcicle seasons to get my mind right for racin....

And, here's the end out the back door after the long caution.

Can you imagine this group of crazy's and the Texas/Rocky Mt. nut jobs all meeting somewhere in the middle...say Mid Ohio. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Sidney

CMC #64

Can you imagine this group of crazy's and the Texas/Rocky Mt. nut jobs all meeting somewhere in the middle...say Mid Ohio. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Sidney

CMC #64

The tech would cut down on my drinking time.

I am almost done with another video.

hey great to talk to you guys in person!

great advice about the fuel too, i am defenatly going to try that out! hope it will be ok with my fuel cell..

Here is the start from the Saturday race. The second wave was AI and CMC.

Whoop! That looks like a hoot, and only 1200 miles from the house.

Let's see take off a Thursday and a Monday...

Yep, the car finished 2nd on Saturday.

Nice! Who owns it now?

Travis Grabb bought it. Travis ran in FFR a couple of years ago. This was one of the cars we tossed on the dyno....his sheet says 252HP and he dyno'd at 234HP avg.

Here is my in-car video of the start on Sunday. It's a tough first lap because I needed to block the the AI cars from passing me before the esses. I only uploaded the fist lap because we had a full course caution on the 2nd lap.

By the way.......This Fox Mustang ran a 2:15 lap in full CMC trim and finished second in CMC2....11 inch single piston brakes, 227HP/296Tq The car is a screamer.....It's for sale for $5,000.

(My new CMC2 Super car is ready and I need to sell this one.)

http://www.vimeo.com/10587011

Kent

So, you're the one who stole my nuts and used them on YOUR start. Give some back so I stop wimping out on the green.

Hell of a start....

That fuel blending is the bomb.

So, you're the one who stole my nuts and used them on YOUR start. Give some back so I stop wimping out on the green.

Hell of a start....

That fuel blending is the bomb.

LOL

Nice. Awesome to see the AI/CMC family racing together...standing starts no less!!

-=- Todd

Another video below.

Here is a good example of why the MA CMC group doesn't like running with the AI cars in one big pack. (Especially when we're thrown in at the back of their pack)

Our top guys have been racing for years and are 3-4 seconds a lap faster than the slowest AI cars that have new drivers. It's a fact that AI cars do not like getting passed by CMC cars. So even though we are 3-4 seconds a lap faster, the AI cars slow us up in the turns and run away from us on the straights......since they never let us pass, it messes up our in-class racing. (Not to mention that most new drivers just suck at racing and don't use their mirrors)