Mustang tranny 5th gear upgrade

redsnake08

• 1 month later...

FWIW, I used 5th gear at Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, MSR-H, TWS, Cal Speedway, Miller, Iowa (I think...not positive), and possibly Barber. However, I run 3:73's.

• 5 months later...
I have some info on a less expensive road race 5th gear upgrade for the T-5... I use it and it works well. PM me

Your first post and you're teasing us?

Please tell us more here about the less expensive 5th gear upgrade and about yourself on this forum.

Use the 5th gear out of a 4 cylinder fox mustang t-5. I believe it's a .79 as opposed to the .68 that came with the t-5 in my GT. It certainly made a noticeable differ. Poor mans road race 5th gear. Hope that helps....

Use the 5th gear out of a 4 cylinder fox mustang t-5. I believe it's a .79 as opposed to the .68 that came with the t-5 in my GT. It certainly made a noticeable differ. Poor mans road race 5th gear. Hope that helps....

Interesting...

I started with an SVO tranny in my car, so I guess I'm good to go for being a po' man.

And I also had 3.73 gears in the rear end, which made me hunt for the right gear the entire time on track. I switched to 3.27 gears in the back, with the SVO tranny, and it works a whole lot better now.

In colorado I haven't found the huge need for a 5th gear with my set-up, so I can't say if I notice any pull at high speeds in 5th.

In colorado I haven't found the huge need for a 5th gear with my set-up, so I can't say if I notice any pull at high speeds in 5th

I've noticed a large difference here in the souteast, especially at Road Atlanta, and Charlotte Motor Speedway. Most of the other tracks I'm briefly in 5th.