Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Arizona FIR Dec 3/4

Paul

Ok... Guys--- we have a couple of big events coming up in Dec.

There are a couple of Az Championships coming down to the last race remember it is DOUBLE POINTS!!!

HC/944-Spec/Pro Sedan PW classes will all be decided this weekend@!

So I hope you all can make it!

Two weeks later we will be back at PIR for the season kickoff----

All of the races are going to be very important---- we all have a chance to run at the very first NASA Nationals at Mid-Ohio!

We also are having a cross over event at California Speedsway in March!!!

Easy tow-great facility.......5 hours from PHX

Now.... how about some of the SoCal guys coming over to AZ?

Paul

944-Spec#94

I will be there for Dec 17,18th and start of the 2006 season.

Sadly my wife is taking me a "couples retreat" Dec 3,4

But... I was able to negociate at near full 2006 race season in return for missing the Dec 3,4

So... my assault on the 2006 944 spec championship start in December.

0x1

My car is finally up and running again, but having some cooling problems. I think it's a blockage in the rad. I still need to do the alignment and finish installing the new gauge setup, but it will be ready in time. Lookout H4 ... JUNKYARD MOTOR OWNZ JOO!

It'll be interesting to see what a totally stock, 100k mile motor in a car with good suspension can do in H4. I don't expect to be that slow honestly. As for the H4 championship, if Danny just shows up both days, he's got it locked. I'm way out of the running now thanks to all of my mechanical troubles this year. Four mechanical DNFs and a DNS in my rookie season leads me to believe that my mechanic skills need more improvement than my driving. I'm gonna have to get my stuff together and make a good run at it next year. See you guys at the track!

- Scott

Paul

Hi Scott,

It's unfortunate when you run well then have DNF's : o-

I did that this weekend. I spent Sat at the track replacing trans output seal- missing most of practice, qual and started dead last -still had a LEAK, so today I did some MO wrenchin-I hope it will be OK for DEC 3/4.

If not it will go to SuperiorRacing.com for the fix!

Is Jonathon going to make it?

We might have a couple of guys coming over from SCCa so please make them feel at home.

We have some new things coming up in '06!

The Dec PIR race should be great with a bunch of the Soccal guys coming over!!!

Paul

AZCpeJason

Both Jon and Danny had motor problems, It will be interesting to see if Danny's car will make or if Jon will get his car back together ??

0x1
Is Jonathon going to make it?

Both Jon and Danny had motor problems, It will be interesting to see if Danny's car will make or if Jon will get his car back together ??

Hmm ... let's see. Should I help Jon fix his motor or take advantage of the situation and try to steal the H4 championship from Jon and Danny? Just kidding. I'll be helping Jon this week and we should have him ready. I think we've diagnosed him as a blown head gasket, so we can easily get that fixed up in a few hours and I expect that he'll make it. I think we've narrowed down my problem to a blockage in the radiator, so I'll also have to address that this week. It's coming down to the wire, but we'll get there.

I wonder what Danny's problem is. His motor is too young to be having water pump or head gasket problems. From what Jon was saying, he was seeing high water temps though. Maybe he has a rad problem similar to mine? I hope he can get it sorted out in time.

- Scott

SHOboy

I'll not likely make it out this weekend, unfortunately.

Another possible reason for high temps may be air trapped in the block. Does Danny have a way to purge his system? I don't remember where the high-point of his cooling system is (and I don't know whether this is a problem with Hondas, I'm just throwing it out as an idea).

This can be an issue with the SHOs and it is sometimes difficult to get all the air out. I suspect that the Pumpkin has some air in it yet as it runs a bit hot as well.

Paul

I hope Danny can make it---

We should have a Paul P and Tommy in from LV so it should be entertaining.....

Paul

PSUCRX

danny blew his headgasket...and Chad and his H1 Car are here and ready to take on Andy Hope and his 06 Si. I'm also hearing Bernardo Martinez and his K24 powered Integra minus supercharger, will be running at this event. Could be more socal guys, but it'll definately be a good event for sure!!!

Paul

Hi Justin,

I spoke with Andy about a week ago and he will be racing his portly Civic Si in H1 with Bernardo and Chad.

Bernardo will be driving the Hasport H1

Brian will be driving another Hasport car in the DE group

Kieth will be racing a VW to shake it down in PS1 with me....

It should be a fun event!

Anymore takers? See how fast you are on a unfamiliar track against some on the Nations fastest HC drivers???

5.5 hrs from CalSpeedway at my towing speed : )_

If you can't make this one we will be at Phoenix International Raceway 2 weeks later---you guys really got to get out more

Paul

HC-AZ

I do have a blown headgasket! The culprit you ask on such a new engine... me being a dummy!

I blew a coolant line on Saturday and of course, like the moron I am, I wasn't watching the gauges for a couple laps ( I guess I figurered nothing could go wrong in a DE). Lets just say the engine got a little hot for about 2-3 laps.

I was hoping everything would be ok, but Sundays race confirmed the blown head gasket. Lets just hope it isn't too much more once I finally break her open again (I'm guessing I ill find more though, she doesn't seem happy:( .

Nonetheless, I will still be out this weekend, driving just fast enough to finish the race.

As for next season, I will be racing off and on, but will not being going for season points. I am time and financially OWNED right now, and the race car needs a lot of love. Next season will be a slow process of re-building the engine, re-caging the car, re-installing the lsd and getitng a new final drive, a couple new suspension pieces in the rear from the hit when USTCC was here, and some new safety equipment. Looks like I have some work to do. I will still be at most events regardless of running, just look for my 2007 comeback for the full season competition!!!

0x1
JUNKYARD MOTOR OWNZ JOO!

Told you!

I had a great time this weekend. Congrats to Danny on the H4 season title. I could have given him a run for it had I just finished 1 or 2 more races.

- Scott

Outrun

What happened to the guy driving the #9 orange Mustang? I would like to hear things from his point of view.

0x1

Where are the results on mylaps? They're usually up w/i a couple days, but they haven't yet appeared.

- Scott