Hallett 2012!!!

nasa-rm

It's not too early to start planning for the 2012 Hallett Summer Shootout!!!

June 9-10 Hallett Motor Racing Circuit

Register soon: http://nasaproracing.com/event/1370

The annual June event is expecting even larger fields this year in AI & CMC. This might be the first year where we actually have to split them out so CMC can have it's own race group!!! This is the place to be in June if you need to figure out who is who in AI & CMC. The racing competition is top notch and you will have a guaranteed battle with one or more cars regardless of where you run in the pack.

Hallett is a fantastic place to also bring the family as the track is located in a park like setting where everyone can walk to see the ENTIRE race track. Electrical RV hookups and air conditioned cafeteria building make it bearable even on the warmest of days. There are places that do RV rentals and I believe even drop off for you. Walmart is 15 minutes away. And the Saturday night party is second to none!

As with last year, this is a FOUR region crossover with Texas, Rocky Mountain, Central and Mid South. We are of course expecting cars from Arizona, SouthEast, MidSouth and I've even heard grumblings from California and Florida .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• nasa-rm

• supermac

• raybob92891548534723

Pretty much all the folks who run CMC say this is the real Nationals. We have exceeded Nationals CMC car count at this event for a number of years. Some of the best racing I have ever seen or been involved in has happened at Hallett.

I gotta say too the the best race weekend party's have I have been to happen at Hallett as well.

Pretty much all the folks who run CMC say this is the real Nationals. We have exceeded Nationals CMC car count at this event for a number of years. Some of the best racing I have ever seen or been involved in has happened at Hallett.

I gotta say too the the best race weekend party's have I have been to happen at Hallett as well.

I've run Hallett and I've run Nationals. Hallett is NOT Nationals. It's a great weekend and a blast...but it is not the Nationals. No champions are crowned, no bragging rights earned. It is a "To Do" event but not more important or impressive than the Nationals.

My opinion,

Sidney

Your right. It is not Nat's. It does not carry the same weight as a National Title by any means. I have run 4 Nat's at 2 different tracks, so I know what Nat's is and how it feels.

Hallett has a stronger field and a deaper field than most Nat's I have attended. That was all I was trying to say.

CMC always runs a National's format at Hallett. 3 qual races w/ a double length "champ" race at the end of Sunday.

For what its worth.. I've raced at the Nats and if I had to choose between Hallet & Nats I'll do Hallet every time. Stellar racing, great friends and great Saturday Night Party.

I'll see all you Punks there........

BTW, Thanks Again fella's for the help last time. I'll be 100% legal beagle if I tow through Kansas again. LOL

Never been to Nationals but Hallett is the bomb. There are at least five guys from Texas that are good enough to win nationals that show up at Hallett every year. If you want to race against the largest field of top drivers in the country, Hallett is the place to be. Jeremiah Kellam won both Hallett and nationals in 2010 and he said Hallett meant more to him because he beat so many top drivers. We have three former national champs in Texas and most would tell you the best driver in Texas has never even been to Nationals......but he makes Hallett most of the time (all but last year).

JJ

Never been to Nats...and unless it is closer I never will.

For my money, racing against twice as many cars for less than half the money is of much more interest.

Oh, there are plenty of bragging rights...

Getting 30 (or more???) of us cleanly through turn 2 on a standing start is accomplishment enough.

Be sure to bring an in car video camera... you never know what you'll see. Oh, and mosquito spray and tie downs... winds can get a little whippy.

re: RV rentals ~ I've done it the last two years and I know of at least one other that has and it has worked out well.

re: RV rentals ~ I've done it the last two years and I know of at least one other that has and it has worked out well.

Dave, can you post up info on who you used last year?

I emailed Hallet officials about reserving a space but haven't heard back. Any info about stalls remaining or have they sold out?

I reserve mine for the next year while at the event.

JJ

I emailed Hallet officials about reserving a space but haven't heard back. Any info about stalls remaining or have they sold out?
Best to call and talk to Connie directly.

And come on... it's Hallett, you have to stay at the track.

Dave, can you post up info on who you used last year?
http://www.nationalrvrentals.info/

Yes, I know it looks sketchy... and the first year I wondered if they would actually show but so far no issues. Last year we got upgraded a little when the "level" we rented did not have good AC. And, if you know Frank Robertson, he used a differenct company and I think was satisfied as well.

I've heard a fair amount of midwest and great lakes guys say they will be going. If all goes well with new arrival in February, I'd be willing to make the long haul for the first time, especially since I finally have a real tow vehicle.

I just asked my wife if she had ever been to Oklahoma.. lol.. at least I am dropping the hints now so she can't say I didn't warn her!!

Not sure if I will be able to fit the trip into my budget or not but ill sure try!!

The very same I have family in north TX, not too far. Not sure yet what next year will bring for me as far as racing goes but I could make a fun trip out of this if it's worth it. And experience says the 944 guys won't be going.

The very same I have family in north TX, not too far. Not sure yet what next year will bring for me as far as racing goes but I could make a fun trip out of this if it's worth it. And experience says the 944 guys won't be going.

Dude, Just get a CMC car and you'll be happier. and besides Hallet is the Mega Crack Bong for CMC racing....

And experience says the 944 guys won't be going.

That's because the 944s that go to Hallett are out of their league and they would get embarrassed. There are several top running nationally competitive 944s that will be at Hallett again.

• 2 months later...

A very influential little Birdie told me and some other dudes that if we get 30 CMC cars at Hallett, we will get our own run group! Cmon we had 20 something last year, let's move those AI clowns to lightning:) 30 in 2012

With a whole caravan coming from Midwest and Great Lakes, I would think the number should go up by a bunch. Someone from the region start a list and we'll see what the early number looks like.