Hallett 2012!!!

nasa-rm

I'm pretty sure there will be a bunch of us comin down from Colorado. 30 car CMC field should be easy.

I'm sellin my plasma to be there...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• nasa-rm

• supermac

• raybob92891548534723

• 3 weeks later...

Man, that sounds like a blast! Gonna try to make it out there and hope I can drag at least one of the local boys out there too (to help out w/ the long haul and expense).

There will be ice creme and brownies, right? And I'd assume beer would be on the house? That might be a deal closer on getting another one of our guys to join (I think the beer deal would cut our budget in half)

• 4 weeks later...
I think we are importing a beer garden....

How can I pass that up. I'm a coming....

Great vid by Daddy Crump.

Bob are we going to race our Duraburbs?

We had a couple issues at Putnam, we will have to see how many of us are actually going to make it. We need to get the repairs rolling asap.

Two suspect motors, a transmission, and a suspected clutch, were among the many failures this weekend.

Good Luck getting them back together. Texas also had some failures at our last event, but I think most if not all will be back together in time.

• Members

Bummer Bryan. Get those jalopies back together...cant miss hallett, its the best race weekend of the year!!

Hoping to confirm the format for this event by weeks end.

The plan is to have the same Shoot-out style format we have had for a few years now.

R1 grid set by Q1.

R2 grid - invert of R1 finish.

R3 grid - invert of R2 finish.

R4 grid set by combined points totals of R1 through R3 (CMC using the CMC points system / AI using the AI points system).

R1, R2, R3 are short 20-25 minute races. R4 is 45 minute races. Race 4 crowns the 2012 NASA Texas Hallett Summer Shoot-out Champ!

Speaking of gridding up, is it possible to have another official with a set of flags (specifically green) set up around the corner from the starting line where the back of the pack racers can see them?

Last year, the only way I knew the green flag had dropped was to hear the cars ahead of me (the ones that could see the starting line official) taking off. Meanwhile, we were still waiting to go.

Having an official at the start finish and another where the mid and back pack cars could see him or her wave flags at the same time would get us all going at the same time and ensure a fair start for everyone.

Just an idea.

Speaking of gridding up, is it possible to have another official with a set of flags (specifically green) set up around the corner from the starting line where the back of the pack racers can see them?

Last year, the only way I knew the green flag had dropped was to hear the cars ahead of me (the ones that could see the starting line official) taking off. Meanwhile, we were still waiting to go.

Having an official at the start finish and another where the mid and back pack cars could see him or her wave flags at the same time would get us all going at the same time and ensure a fair start for everyone.

Just an idea.

The second guy would have to watch the first guy to know when to throw the flag. By then you should hear the trophy girls speeding away.

How could they sync up?

JJ

The problem, small but still a problem, is even though a few of us in the back hear the front taking off the back of the pack cars arent moving, they're waiting for the cars in front of them to go. The starting officials could sync up with radios and do some type of 3-2-1 go (in their radios to each other). It may not be perfect but its better than the accordion effect.

Hard for the mid and back pack cars to make up any ground on the front pack of cars when the front has already left and we're still waiting for the accordion effect to get to us before we go.

It is looking like "THE RM" will bring around 9 cars maybe 10.

I am ashamed of that paltry sum, sheesh you would think we were from adam's region or something

I am ashamed of that paltry sum, sheesh you would think we were from adam's region or something

We're struggling to get 5 cars to show up to CA events. I'd love to race Hallett again, but with diesel at it's current level, not gonna happen. Plus, that's the same weekend as one of our local events.

Haul yer shit to Cali, Cody!

We're struggling to get 5 cars to show up to CA events. I'd love to race Hallett again, but with diesel at it's current level, not gonna happen. Plus, that's the same weekend as one of our local events.

Dude if you guys had a Laguna event I would be there fir sure!

When is your next Infineon event?

We are hoping to bring 4 cars from the midwest. Kent Owens, Tim Bennett, Bryan White and myself. But right now 3 of the four cars mentioned have issues. We are all working hard to make it happen.

Man-that seems like a huge drop off. What is the problem? I remember the north/south region split hurt? Is it all the Cali taxes?

We are hoping to bring 4 cars from the midwest. Kent Owens, Tim Bennett, Bryan White and myself. But right now 3 of the four cars mentioned have issues. We are all working hard to make it happen.

My trans is in a bunch of pieces right now. Parts are on order!

Should be putting most of it back together shortly.

Bryan

That far back, isn't the accordian effect reversed by T2?

And we are assuming that Clifton is not one of the flagman, and drops the green flag. Opps.

• Members

Scott, the closer to the front you qualify, the less of a problem this is

Yes, being around the corner on a standing start stinks. It also stinks on a flying start. I'll see what I can do.

Bob, no Anders???? Come on, everyone wants their shot at the champ! Good luck fixing all those cars. You guys gotta make it down.

Glenn, Jerry, and Gary have been working on the 2012 Summer Shootout trophy and believe me you guys are all going to want it!!! Even without that, this is the most fun CMC weekend of the year!