98-04 Mustang guys - inside please!

Glenn

The Directors need your help! Please contact your local Director if you have a 98-00 Mustang and you race it in CMC. You can also email me @ Glenn_Landrum at msn dot com or PM me here.

This is very important for the series and your fellow CMC'er of the same platform.

Hurry now before you too get put on 235's!

Edited - The tire thing is a joke and I edited the title to 98-04's

Edited by Guest

Guys - I may have my years wrong. We need to know about those cars running the returnless style fuel systems.

Mine is a 2002 4.6 and it has this system. The fuel pressure can't be set (as it is controlled by the PCM). There is no return line.

JJ

Guys - I may have my years wrong. We need to know about those cars running the returnless style fuel systems.

Mine is a 2002 4.6 and it has this system. The fuel pressure can't be set (as it is controlled by the PCM). There is no return line.

JJ

Check your email.

Ford went to a returnless style fuel system in 1999, with the body style change referred to as the "New Edge" or "SN99".

Same chasis (SN95 or SN99) from 1994 thru 2004

5.0 pushrod engine (in those years) from 1994 thru 1995

4.6 modular engine (in those years) from 1996 thur 2004

return style fuel (in those years) from 1994 thru 1998

returnless style fuel (in those years) from 1999 thru 2004

So how does a different fuel regulation style affect tire size again?

Ford went to a returnless style fuel system in 1999, with the body style change referred to as the "New Edge" or "SN99".

Same chasis (SN95 or SN99) from 1994 thru 2004

5.0 pushrod engine (in those years) from 1994 thru 1995

4.6 modular engine (in those years) from 1996 thur 2004

return style fuel (in those years) from 1994 thru 1998

returnless style fuel (in those years) from 1999 thru 2004

So how does a different fuel regulation style affect tire size again?

The tire thing was a joke. My bad.

I need data to prove or disprove that the SN-99 guys can or cannot make the power numbers needed to run in CMC. Since we only have 2 in TX and one is making the numbers and the other can't w/out all sorts of issues, I need help is figuring this out. If I have 10 of them doing one thing a 1 doing another, then I know where the problem is. We have a 3rd in TX for 2012 and I'll have that data point as going forward.

The numbers that are the problem are the air/fuel ratio numbers. I don't think power is the issue..........if I understand correctly.

JJ

And so far, he is the only one who is having that issue.

I just made 240Hp/280tq in a 2000 GT with the following mods on a dynojet following the NASA dyno proceedure.

Flowmaster catback

offroad xpipe

CAI

This was with stock exhaust manifolds, I should be able to get closer to 260 rwhp with long tubes though.

Does that help? I dont race CMC yet, but that is the goal for the car.

I just made 240Hp/280tq in a 2000 GT with the following mods on a dynojet following the NASA dyno proceedure.

Flowmaster catback

offroad xpipe

CAI

This was with stock exhaust manifolds, I should be able to get closer to 260 rwhp with long tubes though.

Yes.

Flowmaster catback

offroad xpipe

CAI

I have the long tubes plus the Steeda timing adjuster and my numbers were 256/299. What was your Air/Fuel ratio?

JJ

Flowmaster catback

offroad xpipe

CAI

I have the long tubes plus the Steeda timing adjuster and my numbers were 256/299. What was your Air/Fuel ratio?

JJ

The MSD timing adjustor is strictly verboten on an LT1.

Good thing he's not running an LT1

7.23.5 Ford 4.6 2V cars may use an external base timing adjuster such as Steeda #555-3410 as long as the adjuster serves no other purpose other than to adjust base timing and the timing can be verified visually.

7.23.5 Ford 4.6 2V cars may use an external base timing adjuster such as Steeda #555-3410 as long as the adjuster serves no other purpose other than to adjust base timing and the timing can be verified visually.

Exactly.

Just another example of the man trying to keep me down.

Exactly.

I will remove mine if every GM goes down to 281 cubic inches.

JJ

Exactly.

I will remove mine if every GM goes down to 281 cubic inches.

JJ

Swoosh!

Pretty sure that late 98 cars are returnless.

kyle

So am I. Not trying to exclude them. What we are trying to do w/ the 99-02's will work for those few late 98's as well.

According to a former Ford engineer that worked on the Mustang project, the returnless fuel system was implemented in the '99 and up MY Mustangs. Everything to the end of the '98 MY run had a return fuel system.

According to a former Ford engineer that worked on the Mustang project, the returnless fuel system was implemented in the '99 and up MY Mustangs. Everything to the end of the '98 MY run had a return fuel system.

Lots of internet forums say it started in late 98.

No facts.

"Late 98" is the start of "99 MY". There's a diff between calendar year and model year. I'm just sayin....

My comments are limited to model year and not calender year.