header clarification needed

MHISSTC

1. I'd like to see more Regional Directors actively participate in discussions on this forum.

2. I'd like to see more members of more regions actively participate on this forum.

3. I'd like to see pictures of every CMC car across the nation along with a picture and a short 5 line bio of every individual driving them. I want this information on the front page of this forum and I want that information updated annually. You could even make little "hero cards" using that information to pass out at events. How cool would it be for some young Texas kid sitting at home in front of his or her computer watching the NASA National Championships live online turn to their friend after Glen Landrum three-peats a National Championship and say, "That was awesome! You wanna check out my Glenn Landrum Rookie CMC card?" If you make the submission of this information a requirement to participate in the series, you'll get it submitted.

4. I'd like more information about the decision making process within this series and a greater transparency when decisions are made. For example, does a vote from each region carry the same weight, or is it adjusted according to the number of active racers they represent? When a vote is taken and a decision is made, how did each Regional Director vote?

4 items off the top of my head should be enough to totally derail this thread.

#1 - Not all the regional directors may feel the same way about the CMC forums as others. Additionally, some don't want to, or have the time, to spend on the forums. Some of us do, and some of us don't. No way we can "mandate" that each regional director participate on the forums. And if we do, how much is "enough"? From my own personal experience, there are periods when I can spend time on the forums, and there are periods when I can't (like, when I'm traveling on company business, on vacation, etc).

#2 - Similar to #1. Additionally, we have no business dictating whether or not the other CMC drivers must use the CMC forums.

#3 - We actually had the ability, at one time, to do just that. It got outdated, we had problems with submissions getting added, and eventually, no one used it any longer. I'll take to JWL about adding the feature to www.nasaponycars.com.

This stinks as I just put on wrap on my exhaust manifolds as I have seen it on certain cars. Is this like the radiator box rule that nobody realized it wasn't specifically allowed but everyone was doing it? I'll be submitting this during the silly season.

Glenn-I agree this is dumb. Tough to define or tell the difference between coating and paint. Meaning one could easily say your high temp paint is a coating and is illegal under the current rules.

Are we allowed to use any wrap anywhere on the exhuast to protect from heat?

Bryan,

I bet we are talking about he same car. My first year I ask about header wrap and I was told I could not run it. A year or two later I saw a car at MSRC that had the headers (shorty's) wrapped. When I ask I was told the rule had changed. This car ran every race for two years.

I was thinking about wrapping my long tubes but I'm too lazy and I figured it was a bitch to make it stay on anyway.

JJ

If I can figure out how Im gonna start another post here with a poll to see how everyone feels about the wrap, coating issue. I dont have either but I couldnt care less if others did as long as their popwer numbers are legal. Maybe if results on the poll bear that out it will help come rules change time. No consolation for guys like Bryan unfortunately who have to remove it I guess but it could help in the future.

Keep in mind that polls done on this website will not include ALL CMC racers across the country as many either do not participate on this site, or do not know about it.

As such, the results will be inaccurate.

Jerry-I wasn't thinking of a car that had shorty headers.

I'm with Glenn that its you can coat a header but not a manifold. I bought my wrap/ties for 10 bucks and was swapping manifolds so I wrapped them and didn't even think about it not being legal. I'll just run AI and see if it makes a difference in my temps and see how long it takes to fall off.

Keep in mind that polls done on this website will not include ALL CMC racers across the country as many either do not participate on this site, or do not know about it.

As such, the results will be inaccurate.

Got it, just getting it out there for a small sample. Better than nothing.

1. I'd like to see more Regional Directors actively participate in discussions on this forum.

#1 - Not all the regional directors may feel the same way about the CMC forums as others. Additionally, some don't want to, or have the time, to spend on the forums. Some of us do, and some of us don't. No way we can "mandate" that each regional director participate on the forums. And if we do, how much is "enough"? From my own personal experience, there are periods when I can spend time on the forums, and there are periods when I can't (like, when I'm traveling on company business, on vacation, etc).

I'm sorry but if we have Regional Directors that don't have the skills to figure out how to post on an internet forum or don't want to publicly voice their opinion...they should not be CMC Directors. Like it or not but the Internet either through public forums, social sights like Facebook, or through more personal email lists are the way groups of people scattered all over the U.S. communicate. We have directors like Glenn who are transparent and directors like Kent who are invisible. Do Regional Directors need to be in every thread? Of course not. But when a thread gets to 3 pages and includes polls...yes...all Regional Directors need to be heard.

I cannot believe the amount of time already spent that Header Wrap has consumed. Jesus guys...the fricken dyno limits the amount of power. I could care less if somebody spends $10,000 to gold plate their headers...it still can only make 267hp and to think the "power under the curve Matt King" thought is absurd.

Sidney Franklin

Midwest Region

We have directors like Glenn who are transparent and directors like Kent who are invisible.

Ummm.... Kent is not a CMC director. He's a Race Director in GL/MW regions. Please get your facts corrected before crapping on someone. Thank you.

We have directors like Glenn who are transparent and directors like Kent who are invisible.

Ummm.... Kent is not a CMC director. He's a Race Director in GL/MW regions. Please get your facts corrected before crapping on someone. Thank you.

Todd,

The "Kent" I'm talking about is the Regional Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region and I believe you made my point that he is invisible. Kent Lydic is the next closest Regional Director to where you live (Ohio) and you have no idea he even exist. When someone says "Glenn" we all know who we're talking about. When someone says "Adam" we all know who we're talking about. All the Regional Directors need to be first name familar to the CMC racers on the forums.

Sidney

Todd,

The "Kent" I'm talking about is the Regional Director for the Mid-Atlantic Region and I believe you made my point that he is invisible. Kent Lydic is the next closest Regional Director to where you live (Ohio) and you have no idea he even exist. When someone says "Glenn" we all know who we're talking about. When someone says "Adam" we all know who we're talking about. All the Regional Directors need to be first name familar to the CMC racers on the forums.

Sidney

I stand corrected. Based on past history, I ASSumed you were referring to KO, not KL. I apologize for my confusion.

Your point is understood.

When someone says "Glenn" we all know who we're talking about. When someone says "Adam" we all know who we're talking about. All the Regional Directors need to be first name familar to the CMC racers on the forums.

Where's the "LIKE" button?

I'm sorry but if we have Regional Directors that don't have the skills to figure out how to post on an internet forum or don't want to publicly voice their opinion...they should not be CMC Directors. Like it or not but the Internet either through public forums, social sights like Facebook, or through more personal email lists are the way groups of people scattered all over the U.S. communicate. We have directors like Glenn who are transparent and directors like Kent who are invisible. Do Regional Directors need to be in every thread? Of course not. But when a thread gets to 3 pages and includes polls...yes...all Regional Directors need to be heard.

Do not put words in my mouth, nor twist what I wrote, Sidney. No where did I say anything about a Director having/not having the skills to post on an internet forum.

Some Directors choose not to participate in the forums at all, some a lot, and some only a little bit - that's their choice. Provided they are in regular contact with their respective racers, I don't care if they post anything to these forums. The same can be said for the racers - it's their choice on joining/interacting on this forum, not mandatory.

Personally, I use group email, direct phone calls (lots of direct phone calls), and text messaging to contact the racers in CA, not the forums - I don't believe everything I have to say to the CA racers needs to be broadcast to ALL the rest of the CMC racers in the US. Facebook needs to be dropped off the face of the earth, IMO, and I'll never join or use it.

I can tell you that when rules discussions come up, ALL of the Directors are involved, and all voice their opinions/information - via a group email discussion.

There are MANY times I don't publicly post my opinion on a particular subject, but that doesn't mean I don't discuss it with the other Directors. In some cases, I don't have the time to deal with the forums due to work/family/racing obligations, and by the time I can get to it, it's already been sorted out. Other times, I'm simply not interested in dealing with the pissing match that occurs - after 10 years of being a Series Director and racer, I pick and choose my battles.

Each region is unique, and the communication method that works for one region may not be as well suited for another.

i think the bottom line is the dyno. If exhaust wrap is done properly, then it really helps. The only ceramic headers I ever bought were for my truck. and honestly, they were not worth the extra money.

I found a plug from home depot and some high temp silicone to plug my stock 5.0 manifolds, worked fine, didn't leak. I had to do the same thing with my BBKs, because they came with the fitting.

as for the forum thing, people don't like forums because of this whole complaining back and forth. Some people, pick up their phones, call their director, and get a yes or no answer. nothing wrong with that.