On to differential covers

MHISSTC

It's a diff cover... If you beat me by a tenth, I'm not going to call you out on it.

You could argue the cover with the bearing supports would save money in the long run due to less stress on the diff.

I just run my super duper cheater diff fluid that hasn't been found out about yet. Engineered by rocket scientist used by the mars rover. guaranteed an extra 50 horse power and 100 degrees cooler

:o

It's a diff cover... If you beat me by a tenth, I'm not going to call you out on it.

So I have to assume you will be calling out folks on this?

Fair enough.... The reason I made a stink about it online is because over the past 11 years in SCCA me and many others have submitted rules change requests and 90% of the time this is what we got back...."thank you for your input".... Then nothing ever happened. Maybe I'll give this class another chance and believe that the competitors will actually have a say or influence on making the class even more enjoyable.

Be sure and provide why you are in favor of the change.

Glenn is right - be sure to include why you are requesting the change.

Additionally, please keep something in mind - while many submit RCR's, they won't all get included in the rules, for any number of reasons.

The directors mull over ALL RCR's submitted, and decide on each based on what's best for the class.

As such, just because an RCR has been submitted doesn't mean we'll approve it. Not trying to come off too harsh, but there is a reality to the rules submission process.

Come race the class, according to the rules as they sit now You might pleasantly discover they are quite good the way they are.

I'll see in January! Have the car gutted and all, just can't proceed with my HUGE parts list until i sell one of the miatas. Can't have three racecars at one time LOL!

• Members

For the last couple of years at least we've itemized every rules change request and explained rationalle for approving or turning it down. That doesnt mean everyone agreed, but at least you got more than "thanks for your input".

As to the diff cover. Yeah its silly. You have to draw the line somewhere short of "unlimited" and therefore you can always argue the line should be a little farther over here or a little closer over there. There is no "right", only a line everyone can reach and not pass.

Like Al said, there is a line drawn in the sand, and that is where this is - on the other side of the line.

Don't let the "might as well's" get you.

"We allow this, might as well allow that!" Before long we go from CMC to F1. Each change puts us one step closer to the next change w/ regards to "might as well".

There are always reasons for allowing this and that, but not the other.

The allowed diff rules are a result of giving a place for old/former A Sedan cars a place to race w/ as few mods as possible. Don't know much about AS, but I know there were lots of old chassis out there w/ no place to race. Sure, the motors needed to be changed, but that cost will pay for itself in 1 race weekend. Those 400+rwhp 305's were big money motors.

Anyways...... The line is drawn there and the might as wells stop along w/ it.

The allowed diff rules are a result of giving a place for old/former A Sedan cars a place to race w/ as few mods as possible.

The following section in the rules applies to both the new 4-pistion setups and the old BAER modified fox front spindles that were modified to accept the BAER PBR dual piston calipers and 12" rotors that came as part of their complete A-Sedan kit they used to sell for Mustangs.

Modifications to the spindle/upright to substitute the OEM caliper are allowed provided their only purpose is to enable mounting of the alternate caliper.

With that said, unless you already have those older parts as part of your stash, or an older car that already has those parts on it, there is really no reason to specifically build your car with those parts. There are really much better, easier, and cheaper alternatives out there to start with.