V6SW21

nasaX mod points

V6SW21

I like this system. I have a 91 MR2 with a V6 swap and with the swap Id have to run in SCCA street modified Leaving me helpless and not being able to hold my own against some of the really crazy cars. Only a college student so I have a low budget for racing, basically just tires, maintenance and entrace fee. Looking thru the Nasa Socal website I see that you guys dont run the NasaX events and my car doesnt fall into any groups really. Anyone have an opinions, suggestions or info about what I should run, maybe what organizations to run with. I grow tired of track days with no real classes, no competition.

V6SW21

Oh, and how long is TT supposed to be using the mod point system? Cause I like that, if they kept it Id be interested but I thought I read something about them doing their own rules.

Greg G.

You should really browse through the Time Trial Forum above, and you definitely need to check out our SoCal TT website for more info http://socal.nasa-tt.com

In order to run in TT with NASA, you must be an advanced level driver, with extensive experience with open passing events. Otherwise, you will start in HPDE 1-3 depending on your experience level, and move up through the system to TT as your skill levels dictate.

NASA TT has been using the modification points method from inception of NASA TT. We used the NASA-X version for the first year, but then revised the rules to apply to our situation on high speed tracks. We are currently revising the rules again as we prepare for our first year with NASA Nationals, and to tighten things up since we (NASA TT) have grown nationally by over 2000% in the past two years. We will still be using the same format with base classifications and modification points.

So, check out the other sites, and if you have other questions, feel free to e-mail me, or post them on the TT Forum.

V6SW21

Thanks for the reply. I read that I have to be an advanced driver. Thats fine I expect that in good events, its not like something like redline or speedtrials where anyone can come off the street and race. I didnt expect to be able to join with the snap of a finger. Ive raced karts for 10 years around socal. So maybe in a couple years Ill be able to join you on the circuit.