So Who's gonna win?

wastntim

With Anders out there is no possible repeat winner, so who will win the championships?

Can Kent Owens keep himself on the track this year?

Can Bob Denton wrestle his third gen to a first place over the fourth gens and the Mustangs?

Is Chris Ferraro going to put in enough gas for the WHOLE race this year and will that be the difference?

Is Derek Wright the dark horse in the field?

Here's the list: Cast your vote!

CMC 82 Allford Daniel Houston TX Chevro Camaro Texas Region

CMC 70 Bennett Timothy Bloomington IL Pontia Firebird Midwest Region

CMC 69 Bogetich Joe Arvada CO Chevro Camaro Rocky Mountain Region

CMC 2 Capaldi Craig Richmond MI Ford Mustang Great Lakes Region

CMC 67 Denton Bob Eureka IL Pontia Firebird Midwest Region

CMC 14 Ferraro Chris Huger SC Ford Mustang Southeast Region

CMC 30 Owens Kent Cambridge WI Pontia Formula Midwest Region

CMC 22 Powell Cody Castle Rock CO Chevy Camaro Rocky Mountain Region

CMC 913 Wright Derek Hampshire IL Chevro Camaro Midwest Region

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• BADVENM

• wastntim

• bluebandit48

I am not voting for myself. It is anybody's game this year. Doing a little mylaps research and 5 of the 9 entries have run in the 1:40s or better in the last year. This time last year a 1:40 and change would have been a track record......

Although anything can happen, I would have to lay odds on Kent or Derek. Although Bob's a great driver, I don't think the third gens can keep up with those fouth gens.

My top 3.

I have raced them all and they are all faster than me.

6th, 3rd, & 8th...humm. Hope your picks do better tomorrow.

Sidney

Says the guy who didn't make any himself.

From what I have gathered. The S-197 boys have said screw it. notice CRAIG Capaldi is driving his brothers car, just for track time. Anders is in PTC? Ferraro is in a mustang but it is an 03 if I am correct.

Congrats to Anders for his PTC win today!

lol. I wouldn't run them either. 45 hard minutes with a 3600 LBS car, at nationals, your not going to take it easy.

IMO good for them.

Trust me, I would have done anything to be there but my son came 2 weeks ago and I feel as though he is a little more important right now.

...... 45 hard minutes with a 3600 LBS car, at nationals, your not going to take it easy.

IMO good for them.

Is that limited to just S-197's? This is the whole point about the S-197. Even at that weight, that S-197 seems to be doing really well. I don't know of any other platform that would be mid pack at that weight - no matter who is driving it. Cry me a F'ing river.

"If can't win at 300lbs over minimum, I'll just race somewhere else!"

Congrats to Chris on his first day win.

Is Chris's car overweight as well or is just Anders car overweight? I know Anders car was overweight but I think Chris's car is close to the correct weight. This result show's the s197 can compete in a short sprint race on the 235's.

Kudos to Bob for a 2nd place finish in the only 3rd gen in the group. If anyone can win in a 3rd gen it will be him. Watch out next year when he comes back in a fourth gen. Mabye this will motivate someone to buy his third gen. It's obviously a great car.

Rain today??? If so, I think Chris could come up with another win as the skinnier tire will provide better traction.

...... 45 hard minutes with a 3600 LBS car, at nationals, your not going to take it easy.

IMO good for them.

Is that limited to just S-197's? This is the whole point about the S-197. Even at that weight, that S-197 seems to be doing really well. I don't know of any other platform that would be mid pack at that weight - no matter who is driving it. Cry me a F'ing river.

"If can't win at 300lbs over minimum, I'll just race somewhere else!"

]

I have to agree. At the correct weight and even with smaller tires the S197 is as competitive as the rest of the class. What platform is missing from the pointy end of the time sheets????..Older mustangs (fox/SN95). Without a third link in the rear, those cars with struggle to keep pace.

Using the Nationals as "ONE" way to measure parity, it looks pretty even. All but the older mustangs are represented in at the top.

• Members

There are no older mustangs at this event: no foxes or sn95s. Two years ago J. Kellam won Nats in an sn95. Last year M. Mosty won the Texas region in a Fox.

There are no older mustangs at this event: no foxes or sn95s. Two years ago J. Kellam won Nats in an sn95. Last year M. Mosty won the Texas region in a Fox.

Well then I guess that explains why they aren't running up front this week.

Although the lack of any old mustangs in the field, could be the result of that platforms shortcomings.

I really don't know all of... who is running what. It was more of a general statement, but i thought it applied to this years Nationals, as well.

Again, taking a slice of this week events, up till now, everything looks pretty damn close.

• Members

FYI Ferraro rolled through the scales yesterday at 3252, showing both that the s197 can get to the published minimum weight and that he is as serious as it gets about being fast!

FYI Ferraro rolled through the scales yesterday at 3252, showing both that the s197 can get to the published minimum weight and that he is as serious as it gets about being fast!

That kicks ass!!! I bet he had plenty of fuel also.

I'd be very interested to see what his tires look like before and after the championship race.