So Who's gonna win?

wastntim

I'm happy for Ferraro and all the CMC'ers. But the S-197 has dominated the last few years. Time for the Ford guys to admit the 4th gen is not the "must have" platform.

You crack me up Glenn. I'm not going to muck up this thread with nasty remarks so feel free to call me if you want my opinion on this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• BADVENM

• wastntim

• bluebandit48

Anyone know if post race podium pics, champagne spraying and interviews were done after tech or before (as in previous years). I'm guessing it was before tech but still think it should be after...just in case.

Anyone know if post race podium pics, champagne spraying and interviews were done after tech or before (as in previous years). I'm guessing it was before tech but still think it should be after...just in case.

I always had mine after tech (2006-2009).

Maybe it was because of a time crunch but in 2010 it was before post race tech. I think we finished 5th and the guys who were 1 through 3 went up to get their pics taken. Later, but before the interviews and cameras we were informed we finished 3rd so we did get to do the interviews but never (I dont recall) re-took the podium pictures with the other top 2 finishers.

Hey everyone. Hell of a race. Couple of things that you might not have picked up from the stellar Spec Z coveravge...

Bob was giving Chris all he could handle in his third gen until his tranny gave out mid race. Took that old POS to a

1:39 flat Anders started back of field and really hauled the mail through the field. Had a big dust up at the keyhole that shuffled things up a bit, and the last couple laps after the caution were off the charts....it was a great race.

When I left things were still dramatic in tech, so not sure how things will finally shake out.

No disrespect to the front runners in the S197. The car is legal in CMC and I don't blame anyone for running one. Hell if I was not so hard headed I would have purchased one two years ago. I don't think they should have ever been legal but that does not take anything away from the top two guys.

Wonder why no Fox. Sn95 or Sn99's were there since Ford made three times of each of them more than the cars that did show up?

Did anything happen to the FFR guy that pushed the third gen off the track after the first yellow?

JJ

I'll be at Miller in my Fox next year, and there could be a few more...possibly maybe

Hopefully I'll be competitive enough to at least be asked to go through tech at any point in the event

Wonder why no Fox. Sn95 or Sn99's were there since Ford made three times of each of them more than the cars that did show up?

JJ

It's a Regional thing. Midwest and Great Lakes CMC are full of F-bodies. The Foxes and SN95's are there...just being pedaled by less experienced racers. My guess is the extra $500 to race against the same guys they normally race mid-pack wasn't worth it. Check Mylaps for MW/GL's regional races at Mid-Ohio and I think you'll see a few SN95's.

Sidney

Did anything happen to the FFR guy that pushed the third gen off the track after the first yellow?

Ah that was me and no nothing was done. I was right at his door and he just kept coming over and I ran out of track. Frankly it scared the Sh$% out of me. Going 100 plus on a 10 foot patch of grass and trying to keep it off the wall. Never got to "talk" to the guy after the race.

As for the rest of the race It was good for me running second and trying to give Chris all he could handle up until about half way in the race when my trusty T5 decided to get stuck in 3rd gear. Then I was able to get it out and run in 4th gear awhile then decided to try 3rd again and got it stuck in 3rd again. I gave it everything I had and ran the fasted lap I have ever run at Mid O....It just wasn't enough today. Needles to say I am disappointed with my results today. Congrats to Chris and Anders and Kent for the podium finish. They have all worked very hard for it and are top notch racers.

Bob

Ah that was me and no nothing was done. I was right at his door and he just kept coming over and I ran out of track. Frankly it scared the Sh$% out of me. Going 100 plus on a 10 foot patch of grass and trying to keep it off the wall. Never got to "talk" to the guy after the race.

As for the rest of the race It was good for me running second and trying to give Chris all he could handle up until about half way in the race when my trusty T5 decided to get stuck in 3rd gear. Then I was able to get it out and run in 4th gear awhile then decided to try 3rd again and got it stuck in 3rd again. I gave it everything I had and ran the fasted lap I have ever run at Mid O....It just wasn't enough today. Needles to say I am disappointed with my results today. Congrats to Chris and Anders and Kent for the podium finish. They have all worked very hard for it and are top notch racers.

Bob

Good job showing the 3rd gens still have it. a chassis that was first produced 30 years ago can still run well.

So...... Why was Anders DQed? Or at least tried to be DQed?

Al should be posting a "post Nats" update. Allow him to post what happened. And at the same time, I'll ask those of you not in the loop to not comment until Al has the chance to do so. I'm sure he is traveling and it could be a couple days before that happens.

If Anders wants to talk, he should have that right.

Good job showing the 3rd gens still have it. a chassis that was first produced 30 years ago can still run well.

And this car is for sale in classifieds! Great chance to own one of the best third gens in the country!

Al should be posting a "post Nats" update. Allow him to post what happened. And at the same time, I'll ask those of you not in the loop to not comment until Al has the chance to do so. I'm sure he is traveling and it could be a couple days before that happens.

He did just no details yet.

Bob

Bob...good run. I watched the Speedcast and I was hollering for you when you got shoved off track.

He did just no details yet.

Ok.. I called Anders... Im happy now

The TV coverage blew!

Both CMC and FFR become the read headed stepchildren and for a car running BF Goodrich. Isnt' TOYO the spect tire of NASA?

Yeah, the CMC coverage was pretty lame. What's the story with commercials during a 35 minute amateur race? To cut away from a live event like this one for commercials, is just so frustrating. Money talks.

I was pretty suprised to see a burn out donut on track. That FFR car just missed Jeremy as he was spinning around in celebration.

CMC Track record on lap 16 set by a S-197.

Yep, those tires really fell off.

Track record was actually set in lap 4. Did you forget the two full course yellows? By lap 6 or 7, those guys behind were making ground. I was relieved to see those yellows for sure! I know those guys were just waiting for the tire drop-off to pounce. Lucky for me.

I really do think Bob was the guy to beat there this week. Didnt realize it until the Thur. qualifying race. I literally had to block the hell out of him to keep him at bay on Thur.! Derek was so distraught about the blocking, he brought his vid to Al to tell on me.. Thanks Bob for taking it well.

All the guys were running close all week. And how bout that Bennett guy taking pole position on Friday! Outstanding Tim!

And Cody taking a win on Fri. in a brand new car off the trailer.. Awsome!

And Anders coming to join us to get the car count to 10 was big. I know he had issues against running the CMC race, but it was very big of him to put aside his own issues in favor of his racing buddies.. It wouldent have been the same w/out the Champ out there. It made it more special for me for sure.

Kent, Derek, Joe, Daniel.. you guys kept me scared all week!

You guys are the best, and it was an honor (and a whole lotta laughs and fun in the paddock) running with you guys all week.

Wish we did have a better turn out.. Like Bob mentioned, you guys are really missing out not coming to a National event. Nothing but gain to be had in many respects.

Thanks to those for the congrats! It was a lot of work and not easy, but worth every bit of it to compete with the best drivers, in the best Series in the country.

Track record was actually set in lap 4. Did you forget the two full course yellows? By lap 6 or 7, those guys behind were making ground. I was relieved to see those yellows for sure! I know those guys were just waiting for the tire drop-off to pounce. Lucky for me.

I really do think Bob was the guy to beat there this week. Didnt realize it until the Thur. qualifying race. I literally had to block the hell out of him to keep him at bay on Thur.! Derek was so distraught about the blocking, he brought his vid to Al to tell on me.. Thanks Bob for taking it well.

All the guys were running close all week. And how bout that Bennett guy taking pole position on Friday! Outstanding Tim!

And Anders coming to join us to get the car count to 10 was big. I know he had issues against running the CMC race, but it was very big of him to put aside his own issues in favor of his racing buddies.. It wouldent have been the same w/out the Champ out there. It made it more special for me for sure.

You guys are the best, and it was an honor (and a whole lotta laughs and fun in the paddock) running with you guys all week.

Wish we did have a better turn out.. Like Bob mentioned, you guys are really missing out not coming to a National event. Nothing but gain to be had in many respects.

Thanks to those for the congrats! It was a lot of work and not easy, but worth every bit of it to compete with the best drivers, in the best Series in the country.

I was told you beat the old track record on lap 16 by Al F. I did not verify this. Perhaps you did set track record on lap 4.

Dude, I don't care what the buzz is on who's driving what, you'd be blazing reguardless. A CMC record in the 38's, Bob running a third gen at 39 flat, Derick matching that in his 4th gen....reeedickulous! Lets see, I've been calling Anders the Yellow Bastard for a couple of years, Derick became Yellow Bastard Too once he started showing up in my windshield and not my mirrors, I've been the Origional Cheating Bastard since my DQ at Nats last year. Humm, what could be your new nick-name? I've got it!

Short Fast Bastard!

Enjoy your crown SFB, cause you're losing it next year! M