New Toyo RR

Al F.

I now have 4 of the MB Weapons...

You don't have MB Weapon wheels.

Your 17x9.5 wheels are MB Battles.

Your current 16x8 wheels are the discontinued MB Competition.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHISSTC

• Al F.

• Glenn

• rsmith350

Adam wrote;

That said.....Derek, can't you discuss this with the folks at Spin Werks already making your 16" wheels? I'm sure they can make a 17" wheel to the specs you need without much difficulty, and I can't see it costing much more than you've been spending on your custom made 16's.

The 16 inch wheels are reasonable,

> $280 each new....... that's why Mike and I run them. I priced the 17 inch wheels and they were $500+ each.........I have two new 16 inch sets this year..........and I know Mike Plumb has two sets.......so I think it would be a pain having to toss our wheels and buy new 17 inch wheels...spacers or not..............

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember a fear that Toyo would not be making 16's when we made the switch to R888's, but they did. I hope that that's the same case with the RR. If not, I'll have three sets of front GTA's for sale. Might make enough off those to buy one set of the $280ea wheels.

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20725#20725

Lolz.

Hey J.B.

Here are your answers:

1) Yes both the Fox and the 3rd gen will be able to run in CMC2 in 2009.

2)Yes you can run 16's in CMC2 for 2009, 2010 (Which will be CMC, no more CMC2) and beyond, forever.

Tony Guaglione

You guys are 100% correct, no need to jump to 17's at all.

So do you need bigger brakes and bigger tires..not really,it's all a personal choice.

As with all the rules just because there is a certain rule or change of a rule, that does not mean you have to change to that rule if there is an existing one you can still follow.

Both a CMC National Champion and a West Coast regional champion won with stock brakes..no upgrades I'm talking 10" rotors stock single piston calipers,one was a Camaro,one was a Mustang...and oh yeah they beat all the big brake cars they were racing against.

Tony Guaglione

Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I remember it being an issue that Toyo may not be making the 16 inch R888 in the 255/50 series...is this true or yet to be determined or ???

They will be produced. CMC (I hope) would choose another spec tire rather than force it's drivers to go up to 17's.

I just bought 10 16" R888's.

So yes they are here to stay.

Tony Guaglione

• Members
Try not to get them too hot when you cut them. You can ruin the heat treat.
Cold saws are pretty common

I have no idea what a "cold saw" is.

A band saw