When are you guys going go post some videos????

Steve91T

I've been reading the forums over the last few days and it's been so interesting hearing about Nats. As I'm getting closer and closer to getting my CMC 4th gen built, I can't wait for some more "inspiration".

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see the videos you guys must have.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• Al F.

• wastntim

• suck fumes1548534743

I've been reading the forums over the last few days and it's been so interesting hearing about Nats. As I'm getting closer and closer to getting my CMC 4th gen built, I can't wait for some more "inspiration".

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see the videos you guys must have.

+1 Post the videos!

I heard the start was pretty exciting. I'd love to see the start from a couple different vantage points.

I agree since we missed it on the Speedcast TV coverage.

I saw at least one Go-Pro on Codys car. He's been posting

previous nasa rm races lately as he's just now learning how to do it.

I'm sure he'll get something out eventually.

For the record this is the first anyone but myself has seen any of my video's from nationals.

I'll post some championship video next week along with a write up of my experience at Nationals.

Derek Wright

Great video! Thanks for posting it!

I have two questions.

First, who are you talking in there!

Second. That 3rd gen was practically drifting in front of you. How is it possible that with all of that he wasn't loosing any time?

Again, thanks for posting. That looks like it was a lot of fun.

Second. That 3rd gen was practically drifting in front of you. How is it possible that with all of that he wasn't loosing any time?

That's Bob. He likes a loose ass.

I need to see if I can find my video of Iowa Speedway a few years ago.....just as loose then. He's a damn good driver.

For the record this is the first anyone but myself has seen any of my video's from nationals.

I'll post some championship video next week along with a write up of my experience at Nationals.

Derek Wright

Wow, that was not a fun move at the very start. Also looked like two pretty obvious double-moves right in front of Bob. Was there any discussion on those two subjects?

Derek Wright

Wow, that was not a fun move at the very start. Also looked like two pretty obvious double-moves right in front of Bob. Was there any discussion on those two subjects?

Yes. It was addressed and talked about in another thread around here somewhere.

After watching that,how can anyone say that the S197 has an advantage.Chris has a very well prepped car and he's a talented driver to boot and Bob was in his a$$ the whole time.If Chris would have been sleeping on the start(which he never does) and Bob had gotten by,the out come probably would have been different.

Robert

After watching that,how can anyone say that the S197 has an advantage.Chris has a very well prepped car and he's a talented driver to boot and....

Robert

if he wasn't obviously BLOCKING...the outcome would have been different too!

I think he's just lucky it wasn't another driver on his ass or Chris would have found himself up against a tire wall somewhere. Ander's, Kent, Glenn,...wouldn't have put up with that shit. Double move like those on this list of guys and he would have PIT maneuvered himself right off the track!

Sucked for Bob that's his car's for sale and he didn't want wrinkled fenders.

Sidney

After watching that,how can anyone say that the S197 has an advantage.Chris has a very well prepped car and he's a talented driver to boot and....

Robert

if he wasn't obviously BLOCKING...the outcome would have been different too!

I think he's just lucky it wasn't another driver on his ass or Chris would have found himself up against a tire wall somewhere. Ander's, Kent, Glenn,...wouldn't have put up with that shit. Double move like those on this list of guys and he would have PIT maneuvered himself right off the track!

Sucked for Bob that's his car's for sale and he didn't want wrinkled fenders.

Sidney

I havent seen the issue, but I know thru conversations I had w/ Officials during Nats that this was addressed. Can someone give me a timestamp in the vid of when this happens so I know we are all on the same page before I comment further?

I havent seen the issue, but I know thru conversations I had w/ Officials during Nats that this was addressed. Can someone give me a timestamp in the vid of when this happens so I know we are all on the same page before I comment further?

It would serve the group better to let Al handle comments regarding actions taken during the Nats, since he was the Race Director for this group, and was actually at the event.

It would serve the group better to let Al handle comments regarding actions taken during the Nats, since he was the Race Director for this group, and was actually at the event.

Yep.

Michael,

The issue was discussed, but I didn't handle the situation as I should have. Lesson learned. I will handle a situation like this differently in the future.

Robert,

The two S197's at this race do have an advantage getting up to speed from a stop or slow speed, once they're at speed their lap times are comparable to others.

Derek

How did NASA not black flag the mustang for blocking that obvious!! Its one thing to hold your line but you can't swerve!!! If I was in that firebird I would have taught that guy a lesson real quick in driver etiquette. He would have gotten a first person view from the tire wall after the second lap of that crap!

How did NASA not black flag the mustang for blocking that obvious!! Its one thing to hold your line but you can't swerve!!! If I was in that firebird I would have taught that guy a lesson real quick in driver etiquette. He would have gotten a first person view from the tire wall after the second lap of that crap!

It would have to have been seen by the Group Race Director first hand before that would have been considered. Post race DQ is a better route though.

Lets drop this one. It was delt w/ at Nats and it is a done deal.

Blocking is bad and very unsportsmanlike conduct.

The two S197's at this race do have an advantage getting up to speed from a stop or slow speed, once they're at speed their lap times are comparable to others.

I think the small tire size has something to do with that.

Mod motor tq is always less than pushrod tq.

Robert

For those of us who aren't at a racing level yet, (and I might be the only one) can that video be used an example of what or what not to do?

What about the 6:40 dive bomb. That looked like that could have turned out really bad, although it did look like a mistake and not intentional.

I understand if it's too soon/sensitive to talk about right now, but for someone like me who hopefully can be running CMC next season, I'd like to know.

BTW, I've watched that video several times. It's one of the best CMC video's I've seen.

• Members

Wow, pretty disappointing to see NASA drivers saying they'd intentionally take someone out. There is simply no justification for that kind of attitude in this or any other NASA series. Consider this a warning, both of you.

Derek mentioned this, and I spoke to bob about it. We watched bobs in car video and as always bob was a class act. From bobs video and recognizing that blocking entails actually impeding the overtaking drivers progress (you're allowed to weave all you want, you're not allowed to impede a pass) I decided the appropriate action was to discuss it with Chris and not to penalize him. I did have a good chat with Chris, and he accepted my criticism well. We went over blocking rules in detail, and I felt pretty good that he knew expectations and that this wouldn't be an issue again.

With that attitude I would like to know who you are so I can make a note for future reference and would suggest your regional official doing the same. I hope I never race with you or anyone else with your attitude. To come in and make a statement that you would intentionally try to put someone into a tire wall and cause certain body damage along with injury or death is not what our racing is about. Please go back to the scca Even if you are getting blocked it is no reason to punt someone, this isn't NASCAR. If you are such a great driver then you should still be able to make a clean pass otherwise you are just a hack.

OK guys, lay off him. I'm sure he realized that is a bad additude and likely something he shouldn't have said. I find it hard to believe that he (anyone) would accually do something like that.

Bryan - You are correct, but lets make those comments via email or PM's and let the Directors deal w/ it.

For those of us who aren't at a racing level yet, (and I might be the only one) can that video be used an example of what or what not to do?

What about the 6:40 dive bomb. That looked like that could have turned out really bad, although it did look like a mistake and not intentional.

I understand if it's too soon/sensitive to talk about right now, but for someone like me who hopefully can be running CMC next season, I'd like to know.

BTW, I've watched that video several times. It's one of the best CMC video's I've seen.

I like this additude. Vids are a great way to illistrate what to do and not to do. W/ video cameras being in so many cars and hosting sites like YouTube and Vimeo, NASA should set-up a page for the CCR to refere to for the examples of who is at fault for contact situations. in the RM and TX Comp schools, this is what is done. It works very well.