2012 Rules discussion - Fox suspension help

D Algozine

I may be wrong but it wasnt til the S197 came into CMC when we're now upping horsepower and discussing ways to prevent tears in the chassis...

My understanding was the LS1 would have to richen up so much to drop power that it was washing their cylinders down... which isn't good... Almost stock LS1's make good AI power without any work...

CMC2 power levels came about solely because of the addition of the S197 platform.

-chris

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• CMC#11

• D Algozine

• mitchntx1548534714

I may be wrong but it wasnt til the S197 came into CMC when we're now upping horsepower and discussing ways to prevent tears in the chassis...

My understanding was the LS1 would have to richen up so much to drop power that it was washing their cylinders down... which isn't good... Almost stock LS1's make good AI power without any work...

CMC2 power levels came about solely because of the addition of the S197 platform.

-chris

Doesn't a stock S197 put down around 270 hp where a stock LS1 is 290-300?

• Members

The current hp/tq limit was set based on the ls1 not the s197. Essentially, that is as low as we dared to go with the limited resources we have for testing. Once that number was agreed on, we set to work on hardware allowances for the other engines to get there.