Sears Point 11/22/03

BrianZ

• Members

Hey Brian, nice video. Who was in the crx that session, John or Doug. Did you notice any difference with the cage in. See ya at Leguna in HPDE 4. We get to see how we square of against each other for next years Honda Challenge (j/k, HPDE 4 is not a race ).

Hey Brian,

PEP Racing (Phil Trau) here (only Volvo driver in HPDE). Nice video...clean laps! It was nice talking with you at the end of the event on Sunday. Are you running at Infineon with NCRC on Dec. 27th? I'm hoping to make a Laguna event soon. Keep in touch!

See Ya,

Phil

[email protected]

(707) 778-9249

Two of my friends have videos from group 1/2. If they get them digitized, I'll see about posting them up on here.

Phil, do you have that silver wagon with the "type R" license plate frame You were turning some pretty nice laps, IMHO. I was in the white WRX following behind you for a while in the last session on Sunday. You were setting a very good pace. My friend and I enjoyed it when you smoked your inside tire coming out of turn 11.

THANKS! I was so jacked to have 45 hp more to play with since the last time I was at Infineon...but I realized quickly that more hp just made smoking the tires around some of the turns even easier! I could have used some WRX all-wheel drive for sure! We were moving pretty well in that the last session IMHO. I always drive the line best at the end of the day for some reason. Are you coming out to run Infineon with NCRC on Dec. 27th? It should be a blast...the last before New Years! Keep in touch.

See Ya,

Phil

PEP Racing

[email protected]

(707) 778-9249

woo hoo!... this was my first event (sunday) and all i can say is i had a blast!... hehe i was the black integra that spun in turn 1 in the first session... i just cooled down from there and tried to learn the lines first... i improved a lot through out the day and my instructor let me run solo in the last session... we were moving pretty good in the last session... also i'm glad that the sun had hidden behind the mountain by the time we ran

Hey Brian, nice video. Who was in the crx that session, John or Doug. Did you notice any difference with the cage in. See ya at Leguna in HPDE 4. We get to see how we square of against each other for next years Honda Challenge (j/k, HPDE 4 is not a race ).

i cant remember the guys name.. is was the one that usally drives the turbo miata. but he said it was fun getting pulled round the track..

I cant sat the car handled any diffrently, the one big inprovment was i spent less engery holding myself in the seats.. the harness held me in better than i excpexted. i cant thank you brother enough for putting in the cage for me! it was workth every penny.

Hey Brian,

PEP Racing (Phil Trau) here (only Volvo driver in HPDE). Nice video...clean laps! It was nice talking with you at the end of the event on Sunday. Are you running at Infineon with NCRC on Dec. 27th? I'm hoping to make a Laguna event soon. Keep in touch!

See Ya,

It was great talking to you! I'll me ruunning laguna this weekend.. i had nothing planned for dec, an probably will not do anything untill feb. Need to save the money to get a trailer and tow veichal(i wanna go play with b_esquire next year in HC) who is NCRC?

woo hoo!... this was my first event (sunday) and all i can say is i had a blast!... hehe i was the black integra that spun in turn 1 in the first session... i just cooled down from there and tried to learn the lines first... i improved a lot through out the day and my instructor let me run solo in the last session... we were moving pretty good in the last session... also i'm glad that the sun had hidden behind the mountain by the time we ran

That is great that you had fun! you spun in turn 1 or 2? (2 is a very popular place to spin). What happened that caused you to spin? also, what have you done to your car??

Did anyone else notice how slippery the track was?

Jon

the track was slippery? I didnt notice. on sunday I set a personal best lap time of 2:02 in my car (and that was with a pasenger).

Did anyone else notice how slippery the track was?

Jon

I had some of my drivers for the 25 testing the car in hpde 4 saturday. They all thought it was slick. It looked like plenty of rubber has been laid down since the repave, but it was just REALLY cold that dday. The track probably never came up to temp.

NCRC = Northern California Racing Club. Check out their website. $40.00 for a lifetime membership, pretty much the same programe as NASA. If you belong to both, you can have twice as many chances to run at your favorite track! If you sign-up, use me as a reference, Phillip Trau Jr. We will both get a $50.00 credit toward track event reservation. Check it out!

See Ya,

Phil

That is great that you had fun! you spun in turn 1 or 2? (2 is a very popular place to spin). What happened that caused you to spin? also, what have you done to your car??

spun in turn 1 and came across to the pit exit lane... i was going to hot in the turn and since it was my first time i didn't know how fast to go so i hit the brakes while turning (yes i know bad thing) and the car just took over... all i have is just intake and EiBach springs... you had the dark green teg #33 right?

spun in turn 1 and came across to the pit exit lane... i was going to hot in the turn and since it was my first time i didn't know how fast to go so i hit the brakes while turning (yes i know bad thing) and the car just took over... all i have is just intake and EiBach springs... you had the dark green teg #33 right?

yea... that was me..

Yeah, although a bit chilly, it was a blast out there. I was running the '66 Lotus Elan in group 1&2 and can't wait to give it a go in group 3 next February. I would recommend HPDE to anyone, and will likely make it mandatory for my kids when they get to driving age. It forces increased awareness and improves overall driving skills. Plus where else are you told to go over curbs (rumble strips) at 90 mph+ ?

-Jeff

As a side note, kudos to Steve and Brian for having great patience for the variety of drivers out there and making sure that everyone at the downloads learns from any one driver's error.

Yeah, although a bit chilly, it was a blast out there. I was running the '66 Lotus Elan in group 1&2 and can't wait to give it a go in group 3 next February. I would recommend HPDE to anyone, and will likely make it mandatory for my kids when they get to driving age. It forces increased awareness and improves overall driving skills. Plus where else are you told to go over curbs (rumble strips) at 90 mph+ ?

-Jeff

As a side note, kudos to Steve and Brian for having great patience for the variety of drivers out there and making sure that everyone at the downloads learns from any one driver's error.

Hey Jef,f I was the guy in the blue EVO that you almost collected in the last session. I'm glad both of us made it without a scratch see you in group 3 in feb.

Thames

-Jeff

Hey Jef,f I was the guy in the blue EVO that you almost collected in the last session. I'm glad both of us made it without a scratch see you in group 3 in feb.

Thames

Thames-

Yeah, your brakes (and reactions) kick butt. Order of thoughts as that spin occurred...1) shit this car is toast, I am going to hit a wall.....2) If I don't hit a wall, one of the 4 cars behind me will probably skewer me 3) Is my life insurance paid in full? Seriously though, the lesson learned there was no matter how well I take a turn and set up to pass... I can not fully predict what the person ahead of me will do. Always expect the unexpected. See you in Feb

-Jeff

speaking of order of thoughts. My first day in HPDE, I spun out at turn 8. The only thought before I hit the tires was......My wife is going to be pissed. The last thing she told me before I left to the track was "don't wreck the car!" Luckily the damage wasn't to bad, just replaced the front fender.