Re-engine of CMC '88 Mustang: valvetrain questions

jesm

My intent was never to create suspicion. I was merely pointing out the broad wording of the rules and commenting about a previous comment. I've always brought a 100% legal car to every race I e been in and will continue to do so.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jesm

• Glenn

• 37Stang

• MHISSTC

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just stating the facts. It would be a very minor advantage but I can tell you that extra 3-5hp you get from it could mean a car length ahead at the end of the straight. .

It's not an advantage. You have maximum power limits based on the graphs. You can spend on the stupid money you want on custom cams, slick motor oil, special air filters, cheater fuels, and all the other tricks SM racers do...etc. none of it matters in CMC due to the power rules. You have max power rules. Make the most on your graph for the least amount of money and go play. Off the shelf oil from Wal-mart, 93 pump gas, plugs and wires from Napa,...etc. If you can make 267/317 for pennies, why would you spend dollars for the same numbers?

Get it now?

Sidney

I already know that! Like I said my whole point for even posting was to say that grinding a cam could be considered legal if its in spec THAT'S IT! Geeze everyone sure does blow things out of proportion over nothing.

There are all kinds of things that can be done to a CMC car that would be almost impossible to check for (almost impossible). The one thing some newbies don't get is most of us are really good friends and I would take zero pleasure in beating a friend by cheating. CMC is Gentleman racing as far as I am concerned.

The post about grinding a custom cam and getting away with it (even if you did not mean you were going to do it) came off sounding really bad.

You will find this group will race you hard as hell but they will not cut into every gray area or try to out spend you to do it.

JJ

W/out that Ford logo or Ford part number on the end of that cam, it is not legal. I know of folks who have had thier cams inspected. It wasn't a result of a National Championship win, or anything like that, but I know it has happened. One thing you do not want in this group is the lable of a cheater.

Use the parts aloowed. If you don't like them, ask for a change or ...... well I'll not say it.

Point is, play by the same rules your fellow racer plays by.

I know that, and I DO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Stop twisting my words around. I like tech and encourage it! Keep in mind I wasn't the one who brought the subject up, I was only commenting on what someone else said. Don't bite my head off!