New Spec Iron class appears to be reality

D Algozine

So why the window removal?

If you gut the doors to put in a cage that has "NASCAR bars", there is no place for the windows. If it was a requirement to keep the windows, you wouldn't be able to build such a cage. Also, chunky bits of safety glass resulting from incidental contact while the windows are down inside the doors is a booger to clean up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D Algozine

• Glenn

• suck fumes1548534743

• Al F.

I have an S197 as a daily driver that I had planned on turning into my next race car around 2016.

If the Spec Iron class takes off and there are just as many competitors in it as CMC when time comes to build my new car, it would be difficult to stick with CMC.

I've had conversations with my race partner about doing exactly this for CMC, but Spec Iron seems to make more sense with the S197 at this point.

• Members

Michael...sorry, I thought it was a $3500 rebuild, not a purchase of all the cobra go fast goodies Ok, we're back to 13-14k to build a fully competitive car?

No, 10k doesnt include an S197 lol Thats the cost of all of the FR parts in the Spec Iron rules, plus 2k for shocks and a couple of hundred for springs.

So is this class going to be thrown into CMC run group too?? Hope not cause then ill have to choose which class to run in based on car counts. At this point I think me and Corey are the only commited ones to the class thus far locally.

• Members

Which group will be entirely dependent on car count and region. Most NASA regions will put this with AI and CMC I'd suspect. Nationals might be a different story since AI and CMC already dont run together.