DriverGT5

Classing cars not on the list, help add new cars.

DriverGT5

We've been coming across several cars that aren't listed, and some unique models that offer significant performance gains as "free" points. I've got a list started to try to get the national list updated, so I was going to see if anyone else has unclassed cars that need to be added, or had some thoughts to post on the changes I've made. Keep in mind these are for the TT listings, not NASA-X. If you want to convert it, you'll have to find similar cars.

Class E

Mazda Miata Club Sport (1.8)*

Class F

Mazda 323, 323 GTX*, Audi Coupe, Mazda MX-3, Toyota Celica GTS (83-85)

Class G

Fiat Spider 2000, VW 2.0 8v (all), Toyota Celica (108hp)*, Nissan 240sx HICAS*

Class H

Fiat Spider (pre '74), Fiat Spider 1.8 *

Also, some changes

Class F

Chevrolet Camaro 3.4 --> Chevrolet Camaro V6 (there was a 3.1 available also)

Greg G.

Thanks, I'll look into them for the 2006 rules. FYI, the "unique models" do not provide "free points" at all. They are considered specialty models and/or factory options that would be classified in the base class for the vehicle (or classed by the TT Director individually), THEN, need to be assessed points for all of the specialty parts that the car has compared to the base class listed in the base classification list of vehicles. Specialty vehicles that are already given a base class on the list are the exception; however, if they have any additional factory options than the "standard" version of the specialty vehicle, those options would be assessed points.

vinman

Rob,

Don't forget about a few other cars that seem to be un-classed.

Opel GT

Triumph GT-6 (with extensive mods)

Fred's Alfa Spider

I'm sure there are a few others, as well. These two have been questioned recently...

DriverGT5

I classed all the cars you guys gave me info for. The reason I didn't look most of them up is because I figured it's better to let the car experts do it so I don't make a mistake. So, find me the data and I'll see what I can come up with, or let Greg do it for me

Greg G.
Rob,

Don't forget about a few other cars that seem to be un-classed.

Opel GT

Triumph GT-6 (with extensive mods)

Fred's Alfa Spider

Ok, all three added to list to review for 2006 rules. Thanks.

MachWon

Superformance S1 (Ford Focus 4cyl, posi, <2000lbs.)

We have no idea where to put him, so he ran in C with me. I think it

should be classed in B?

Greg G.

This vehicle would fall under the specialty vehicle category, and would need to be classified by the TT Director individually. It doesn't even come with an engine or tranny when you purchase one, so there is no way to classify it until it is completed by the owner anyway. However, I can say that depending on the engine, these cars are usually going to fall into the TTU or TTA categories because of their light weight and amazing handling and braking characteristics. We had a Caterham Super 7, with the 240 hp engine, run with us last year, and he was competitive in TTU.

The 2006 rules will better define the procedure for getting these cars classified on a regional basis that will allow the car to participate at Nationals, and the procedure for a competitor to protest another's car classification if necessary.

Charles

I also didn't see my Saab 9-2x Aero (or Linear 2.5 Impreza twin) listed. As a near WRX wagon twin I've classed myself in Class E with 5pts tacked on......

greenwood037

I have a 1977 Lancia Scorpion that needs a class. Only about 1800 ('76 and '77) ever made it in to the US. The Fiat X1/9 and the 4cyl Fiero are similar cars, but a stock X1/9 will run and hide from a stock Scorpion.

Thanks

Jason

Greg G.
I have a 1977 Lancia Scorpion that needs a class. Only about 1800 ('76 and '77) ever made it in to the US. The Fiat X1/9 and the 4cyl Fiero are similar cars, but a stock X1/9 will run and hide from a stock Scorpion.

I'm not sure why the X1/9 would run and hide. The X1/9 1.5L seems to have about the same hp (a few more), and weighs 250 pounds less. I would put the Scorpian in TTH** still. (unless the 2280# curb weight and 81 hp are incorrect).

impalanut

How about the cadillac cts-v?

DriverGT5

Probably class C with the M5. Certainly class B with the Z06 would be a little unfair.... And yet, if you made your own, that's where you'd be.

Greg G.
How about the cadillac cts-v?

The CTS-V is a TTC* car in the '06 TT rules

greenwood037

I'm not sure why the X1/9 would run and hide. The X1/9 1.5L seems to have about the same hp (a few more), and weighs 250 pounds less. I would put the Scorpian in TTH** still. (unless the 2280# curb weight and 81 hp are incorrect).

If we are talking straight line, then you are right. The Scorpion has a HORRIBLE bump steer problem. In an autocross, an X1/9 will run and hide from a Scorpion.