Link to my CMC vids.

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Turns out my Firefox is a POS, vimeo works on IE. I must say, I think I saw myself in front of you a few times (sliding, choking). Looks like a load of fun futilely attempting to keep you at bay. See you at Hallett?

For the last few years I have not been able to make Hallett. One of my favorite places and I do well if I can get past The Bitch (almost remamed after me). Both my girls play softball year round. Summer is All-Stars and Tournament Ball. Almost every weekend is booked. It requires both parents on hand to allow both to play as they play at the same time more times than not.

I hate missing it. Perhaps you can come down to MSR-C or TWS. I normally don't miss those events.

• Members

Dude I'd love love love to hit that roval at TWS, but I don't have the scratch to make the trek that far. That transition from oval to road course looks like a damn art form. MSR has some features that TWS has that I like too (double apexes, esses, and 4th gear corners). I've already told myself that if I only hit one crossover event, it must be Hallett as that's a TX and Central crossover. I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

Dude I'd love love love to hit that roval at TWS, but I don't have the scratch to make the trek that far. That transition from oval to road course looks like a damn art form. MSR has some features that TWS has that I like too (double apexes, esses, and 4th gear corners). I've already told myself that if I only hit one crossover event, it must be Hallett as that's a TX and Central crossover. I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

You need to bring a pair to run TWS, at 2.9 miles and just under 2 minute lap, it is a 90 mph average lap. Multiple 4th gear corners around 90-100 mph.

Hallett is an awesome track / event!! Cooling has always been a big problem though being in June with 95-100 degree heat. Also, Hallett is only 1.8 miles and there aren't really any long straights to get the car cooled down. Just lots of upper 3rd gear to get the motor nice and hot. Glenn is a big fan of "the Bitch". It isn't a true race unless Glenn spins there at least once.

I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

Nothing at Hallett is ever only one car wide.

The Bitch - left hand entry into blind uphill crest, over the top downhill braking into off camber right hander back up the hill in front of the grandstands.

And uh, don't be too far left at entry:

We had an AI car a couple years ago get parked on top of those tires.

HOLY MOLY! Never seen that video before. Good thing it landed upright and not upside down! I doubt that autopower bolt in roll bar would hold up.

• Members
I assume the bitch is that giant assed lump in the middle of a corner that essentially makes it 1 car wide?

Nothing at Hallett is ever only one car wide.

The Bitch - left hand entry into blind uphill crest, over the top downhill braking into off camber right hander back up the hill in front of the grandstands.

And uh, don't be too far left at entry:

We had an AI car a couple years ago get parked on top of those tires.

Did he get loose at the crest? He got loose on the exit, and also appeared to have the reflexes of a dead alligator in recovering the thing. Then again, it's probably one of those "I haven't been there yet" things. That's some expensive plastic right there. So after he spins is the downhill braking into off camber right hander then, huh? We've got one of those at High Plains Raceway, but your description implies this one has a twist. Is the braking area off camber too?

Is the braking area off camber too?
Doesn't have to be. I think his biggest issue was speed with how far left he was.

On edit...

Then there's THIS. Yes the turn can bite you but we've put 3 wide in there.

• Members

You need to bring a pair to run TWS, at 2.9 miles and just under 2 minute lap, it is a 90 mph average lap. Multiple 4th gear corners around 90-100 mph.

I really like the sounds of TWS, that braking down off the banking looks like an art form. For as loose as I am in low speed hairpins, this car feels pretty solid in the faster stuff. Plus a track full of it is something I have yet to experience. That said, Hallett is a 3 way crossover, so to pick between the 2 Hallett gets my vote.

Is the braking area off camber too?
Doesn't have to be. I think his biggest issue was speed with how far left he was.

On edit...

Then there's THIS. Yes the turn can bite you but we've put 3 wide in there.

I've seen that blue Mustang before (gotta love the roll cage feet through the floor), didn't realize it was Hallett. Same with the vette. The bitch must be real, I'm going to watch some CMC Hallett videos now to get a better idea. Then I'll probably still spin on it.

The bitch must be real, I'm going to watch some CMC Hallett videos now to get a better idea.
I think I heard there might be a shot of several cars going through there in the world famous AI/CMC Texas 2013 Year In Review... coming soon.

I heard.

• Members

How much longer are you going to hold onto that TX video?

I found the bitch, the perspective from behind the wheel makes the description make total sense. Looks pretty easy to run out of real estate when sharing the road. I bet the Lemons cars just pile up there at night.

How much longer are you going to hold onto that TX video?
World premiere planned for the banquet this Saturday... told the Texas guys I got the first full look on the big TV last night.

Think your grandparents 8mm home movies and bad 70s music... then you might be pleasantly surprised.

ps - there's a shot of 7 CMC cars into The Bitch... 4 of them 2 rows / 2 wide

WOW! Thanks Sam. I will never forget the T3 save.

Had I just not made that one last mistake in T3 on the last lap!

Were you on 16's?

I recall that being my 2nd weekend in the new chassis. My first return to that track since my "big one" there the year before.

I was still running the higher spring rates that I installed on that new chassis I ended up hating.

That was a great race. My hands and feet started sweating while watching it. Thanks for posting it!

I had a perfect view of both of y'all.

Sam was on 17's, and 25 lb wheels at that!!

Yep, I run (ran) big heavy MoFo wheels, stock control arms, full 4-link, non-adjustable dampers, etc... I like to call it 'true grassroots'.

I think Rob's old fox still beat me for 'Most Stock'.

I'm still sad that video file was FUBAR'd Michael.