My To Do List before starting the 2014 season.

DrC

Now that is has started to warm up (currently 9 degrees, up from -11) I have started my list of changes I want to make before the reason starts. My last two years have been all about getting my car to run reliable and little time working on my driving which need a lot of work. Most of you may know the issues I have had and I hope to be on the road to a more reliable car for this year.

Based on the new rule changes and other needs to improve the car this is my list of changes or areas I plan to work on before April.

New rear brake lines and add a proportioning valve. The need for this became apparent when I upgraded my rear pads.

Buy one set of new 275/40ZR17, current tires a little dated, one had a date code of 04.

Look for ways to reduce total car weight. Currently setting at 3320lb. First thing is to address is the driver’s weight.

Redesign my front radiator air deflector and drill holes in the front bumper to allow more air to reach the radiator.

Look at adding windshield clips for the front and back.

Install rear and possibly front spring perches to allow adjustment of ride height and weight per wheel.

Look for a stronger lighter front sway bar. The 94/95 cobra sway bar is difficult to find but the new rules state we can buy OEM fitting non-Ford sway bars no larger than 30mm..

Take a close look at the condition of the metal around my lower and upper rear control arms.

I hope that the information we share here will help others with their builds and getting ready for the upcoming season.

What are some of the tasks you have planned before the season starts?