2014 Hallett Summer Shootout

FBody383

I'm sure there's more video to come. We were missing a lot of CMC cars and STILL had 18 or so on track.

Mini-national format:

R1: standing start based on qualifying

R2: rolling start / inverted grid from R1 finishing order

R3: rolling start / inverted grid from R2 finishing order

R4: standing start / grid set by points earned R1-R3 using class point structure

Hallett and this format rewards 'racecraft' because to finish high in multiple races you had to manage a lot of traffic in not a lot of room.

Hallett also likes to eat cars; across the AI/CMC group there was/were 3 diffs, ICMs, overheat/radiator, trans mount, torque arm bushing, broken wheel, cut tires, cap/rotor, burned plug wire, distributor magnetics, some minor racing contact, and a really bad sunburn... wait that was pre-Hallett huh SUNSHINE?!?

Sorry... back on track, here's some R1, R2, R3 from the #39 Orange is Fast! CMC 4th gen with background from a Texas legend:

on edit: Yes, I should have said at the outset that Bryan Curtis won the thing... on RA1s. Mosty-2nd (RR), and Ryan-3rd (RR).

• Members

Here's the final from my perspective, race 3 is uploading now.

Now if only Brian could figure out how to use this new fangled thing called the internet. Watch my mirror for Crumpacker, he gave me some rather suspenseful laps!

Here's the final from my perspective, race 3 is uploading now.

Now if only Brian could figure out how to use this new fangled thing called the internet. Watch my mirror for Crumpacker, he gave me some rather suspenseful laps!

Consider a new trans mount. The one you have is trash. That is what is allowing your rear wheel hop to happen so easily.

Also - downshift later in the corner. Like just an instant before turn-in.

• Members

I agree with the downshifts, didn't seem like that big of a deal at the time as I was able to mitigate the wheelhop by releasing and reapplying the clutch, but watching my videos it annoys the crap out of me. I was going to watch video Saturday night, but my laptop didn't have the right codec to play them back.

I'll check the trans mount too, I'm guessing poly is better here. Anything with less movement, right?

Hallett also likes to eat cars; across the AI/CMC group there was/were... ICMs, torque arm bushing, cap/rotor, distributor magnetics

So there's an upside to owning a 4.6L Ford after all?! Nice videos guys. Makes me really miss racing.

• Members

Oh geez, 1 little national victory and now the F bodies can't hang? Don't even drag the cheater S197 into the conversation either!

Look at how many mustangs have won the past few years. Maybe the mustang is just more reliable haha