Cheap track time at Road America/CMC demo race May 2-3, 2015

cozog1548534733

http://roadamerica.midwestdomestics.org/

(At $400 for the weekend at RA, it's a pretty good deal.)

Some folks have suggested we have events outside of the normal NASA race schedule to try and draw more racers into our series. I think that's a great idea and would like to use this event to showcase the CMC cars, racers and camaraderie we all share.

90% of the recruiting challenge has been eliminated... they're already at the track. And most of them are driving f-bodys, many with cages and safety gear! They are begging for us to assimilate, er, I mean, invite them in!

This is an invitation to all CMC racers, not just GM guys. Having some 'stangs on track with the GM's would really show well for the series.

I'm thinking that if we get enough participation, like at least 6 CMC cars, we can do a mock race demonstration for the attendees. Not a real race, only driving at 7 or 8/10ths. But with a standing start, a lot of side by side driving on the straights and some passing at almost every corner. Just giving the crowd a good show for 15-20 minutes. I'm already in contact with the event coordinator who liked this idea.

If for some reason we can't do a mock race, having a bunch of "real" race cars at the event will certainly bring a lot of attention to the series.

I know of 3 that are going already. We only need a few more (OK, a lot more would look AWESOME!) to get this going. The growth of CMC is largely dependent on the racers spreading the good word. Now is YOUR chance to help get more drivers to race against on track!

When you sign up for registration, let them know you are part of the CMC contingent that will be attending. If you can, please send me an email to cmc AT nasagreatlakes DOT com and let me know you're attending so I can try to coordinate this.

• 1 month later...