Toyo RR tire life (wear dots)??????????????

t500hps

I've run my first set of RR's down near the end of their life. They have certainly lost their speed advantage but wonder if I can still do "DE"s with them as long as there's rubber. The outside wear dots are almost gone after 26 heat cycles. I flipped the tires on the wheels after 14 cycles so the wear is somewhat consistent inside to outside. Flipping changed the "recommended mounting" but I have not seen any sign of tread splices or any other negative effect of running them "backwards".

So, what kind of life are you guys getting out of them?

I ran my first set for 22 heat cycles and they still show to have a small amount of rubber left. I did set a track record on the 22nd heat cycle at our last event in November. It was very cool which I know helped the lap times but I was still very surprised at how consistent the tires felt.

You said you noticed the lap times fall off with the heat cycles. What did you feel was the change in time throughout the tire life?

I'm curious if anyone has run a back-to-back comparison with a new set of RR's and a heavily used set to see the difference in lap time.

I ran my first set for 22 heat cycles and they still show to have a small amount of rubber left. I did set a track record on the 22nd heat cycle at our last event in November. It was very cool which I know helped the lap times but I was still very surprised at how consistent the tires felt.

You said you noticed the lap times fall off with the heat cycles. What did you feel was the change in time throughout the tire life?

I'm curious if anyone has run a back-to-back comparison with a new set of RR's and a heavily used set to see the difference in lap time.

Lap times changed by 3 seconds new vs roughly 18-20 cycles in however, new was in march (cool weather) 3 seconds slower was July (hot as hell). Weather certainly played a role since everyone was slower, just not convinced it was completely heat related.

Again, this is the first set I've run.

With 22 cycles on yours, how much longer do you think you can run them?

I would probablly be able to get another 5-7 cycles on them. My dates / temps were exactly opposite of yours. The first event I ran them was in June 100 degree heat with the last event in early November and 50 degrees. I honestly didn't "feel" a drop off on them at all.

I am by no means a tire expert but my gut feeling is that maybe the RR's like cooler weather / track temps. Last year at Hallett (100 degrees) my RR's had 5 heat cycles on them and they felt like crap. I know for the main final race at Hallett Bryan Curtis switched back to RA1's and thought it felt better, he also won the race.

awesome....we've determined exactly NOTHING so far

FWIW: With 23 heat cycles I did match my fastest lap times (from when the RR's were new) a couple weeks ago during a freak 65 degree day in Feb at the same track. The weather conditions would have been close to that first weekend on them.

Any tire is going to be faster when it's cooler haha. The RR does drop off after 5 cycles but it largely depends on the weight of the car that determines how soon they fall off.

Any tire is going to be faster when it's cooler haha. The RR does drop off after 5 cycles but it largely depends on the weight of the car that determines how soon they fall off.

I've heard that but I've been racing 18 months and haven't been consistent enough to tell the difference between me, and the conditions.